Yang Hyun Suk has been deemed not guilty of prostitution mediation.
A police official from the Seoul Metropolitan Agency stated on the 20th, "we could not find any statements that could be recognized as prostitution or escort services or any objective evidence to prove them."
Police reportedly analyzed financial transaction details and communication history involving 10 people from July through October 2014 but did not find any evidence of prostitution or mediation.
Regarding the payments given to the women that attended billionaire Jho Low's trip overseas that Yang Hyun Suk allegedly planned, police were able to confirm the women received the payments before the trip overseas but could not find any evidence to prove that the transaction was for prostitution.
Police were also not able to find any evidence that Yang Hyun Suk spent millions of won on his personal card to cover meal expenses at Jho Low's restaurant party or his overseas trip. According to police, a large portion of the domestic and overseas stay costs were confirmed to have been paid by the investors personally. Police did not conduct any investigations into billionaire Jho Low as he's currently a fugitive wanted by Interpol.
Police were able to confirm that the women had sexual intercourse with the investors abroad but no statements or objective evidence could be obtained to prove that the sex could be considered prostitution. The women involved told police that they engaged in "mutual intercourse."
The police official stated, "We finished investigating everyone including the 13 women who attended the meeting in Korea and 10 women who accompanied them overseas. We confirmed the women through departure and arrival information and verified their testimonies. Because of the statute of limitations issue, we forwarded a recommendation of non-indictment based on the results of the investigation and considering the time needed for prosecution to review the case before statute expiration. The prosecution will make the final decision through further investigation."
The Police will summon Yang Hyun Suk and Seungri next week for second round of investigations regarding the illegal gambling overseas.
- [+1,768, -18] Wow...
- [+1,617, -26] What a load of bulls***! We all know he's deeply involved in all the dirty stuff..
- [+1,035, -736] Ugh I'm sick of it...we need to turn this country upside down.
- [+975, -473] As expected ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
- [+882, -14] Police are really rotten...you gave them all that time to delete the evidence.
- [+198, -7] Who is independent enough to conduct the investigation.
- [+61, -1] As expected! Yang Hyun Suk's text to that reporter was correct all along ㅋㅋ
- [+46, -1] It's not that you can't prove it. It's just that you don't want to ㅋㅋㅋ You gave them all that time to destroy the evidenceㅋㅋㅋ
- [+30, -1] The rich are always innocent even if they're guilty..
- [+15, -0] ㅋㅋㅋㅋwas he really innocent this whole time? I really thought someone was behind Yang Hyun Suk ㅋ