Music Releases, MV Releases

TWICE release a Japanese version of 'Signal' MV

By yckim124   12 days ago   52,087   9,504   40

TWICE released a short, Japanese version of their ''Signal'' music video!

The girl group is making their hot debut in Japan with the album '#TWICE', which will include their hit tracks all in Japanese. Prior to the full release of their debut album on June 28, TWICE unveiled a short, Japanese version of ''Signal'' MV.

SEE ALSO: TWICE go unnoticed in Times Square during "TT" cover performance

Check out the Japanese version above!

1. TWICE
  2. signal

ellinor 11 days ago

Oh my. It sounds even more horrifying in Japanese. Now, I listened to the short version for Ooh-ahh and this one works. Signal ? Not so much. I'm still happy to see Tzuyu in the middle for the chorus though. This warms my heart :)(Reminder: just because I love TWICE doesn't mean I have to like every single song, so please respect that ^^ ) .

shubhajan 11 days ago

It sounded so cool! a little weird probably because Im so used to the Korean version but Ill probably get used to it! cant wait for their Japanese debut!!

qeemqeem 12 days ago

did they re-filmed the mv?

eager_beaver 12 days ago

Whoa... their pronunciation of Japanese is really good! Especially Momo, Sana and Mina excel in that department.

hexrealm eager_beaver 12 days ago

Not sure if you are serious.....

eager_beaver hexrealm 12 days ago

Of course I'm not. I wrote it as a joke, hoping to see if someone might take it seriously.

miyahh eager_beaver 12 days ago

ofcourse they are really a true Japanese lmao

SpringxTempo 12 days ago

i usually hate when my favorite artists go to japan, but i'm honestly so excited because they've been getting love calls for so long~ BEST WISHES TWICE :D

lawlipop114 12 days ago

I'm impressed by Chae, Jihyo, and Nayeon's pronunciation but as someone who understand Japanese the lyrics are kinda awkward especially Momo and Mina's part in the beginning. This song just doesn't work in Japanese. I wish they debuted with an original song.

dabaddestfreturn 12 days ago

fuck they need to drop this song ANNOYING AS SHIT

pablo27 dabaddestfreturn 12 days ago

You need to drop your head from a 10 storey window... do the world a favor...

dabaddestfreturn pablo27 11 days ago

Eat my ass

whatever101 12 days ago

coming to Japan and the 1st thing they do is drop SIGNAL, man what did Japan ever do to JYP to deserve so much hate?

BigBlueagain 12 days ago

shubhajan BigBlueagain 11 days ago

what at cute slothh

PrincessSeolhyun 12 days ago

The only reason it sounds weird is because we are used to the korean version otherwise it sounds fine. I like both versions cus both sounds equally nice.

futuretree1 PrincessSeolhyun 12 days ago

It's really only weird in the beginning, the words are pronounced too harshly. It's just a bad choice of words there. They could have easily kept the "signal" part in the beginning in Korean and have the rest in Japanese

k_ind PrincessSeolhyun 12 days ago

it sounds weird even to native jap speakers. the lyrics are weird

PrincessSeolhyun futuretree1 12 days ago

That's true. Ofcourse it'd have been better if they debuted with a different song in Japanese because changing the words to fit the original song is not the best idea even though sometimes, for some songs it works. However, it's not so bad where you have to mute the song if you get what I mean? I agree with the Signal part tho idk why they changed it.

futuretree1 PrincessSeolhyun 11 days ago

"it's not so bad where you have to mute the song if you get what i mean" no i don't, my standards aren't that low

futuretree1 k_ind 11 days ago

Also k_ind, I think that I found out where the issue is. The "sign kanji tte" part is sped up. if you listen closely to it they got rid of any pause between "kanji tte", and the problem with that is that once music sounds too perfect then it just begins to sound wrong. ie if I made an electro song solely on my computer and I made everything perfectly fit into place with the same pause count in between each beat, then it'll sound disturbing because that's not how humans play music. So pretty much the issue is is that they edited it wrong in that parts because that particular line sounds fine the moment it's sung right after that

vav