Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by jennywill AKP STAFF Sunday, November 11, 2018

Lucy's current owner reveals Kim Yong Guk's label is lying about having Lucy under their care

Kim Yong Guk (Longguo)
Kim Yong Guk's former cat Lucy's current owner has been revealed.

Despite Choon Entertainment claiming that they currently were taking care of Lucy at their office, it's been revealed that Lucy is actually being taken care of by a former employee at her house.

The poster wrote,

Hello, it's my first time posting here.
I'm writing to tell you how the cat that was known as Lucy annd Aljjang is doing now. I know a lot of people are curious, but the label [contrary to what they said], does not have the cat, so they won't be able to tell you how she's doing.
To start with the conclusion, Lucy is currently doing well at a former employee of the company. She eats well, she drinks well, she sleeps well, and she plays well. The person who owns her currently is an unni that I know from school.
She told me that she had suddenly become a cat owner last month so I asked her what happened, and she just told me that she brought home a cat with a lot of back story.
That was Lucy. I didn't know she was this famous...
I saw Lucy once when I went to the unni's housewarming party, and I've never seen such a cat before. She wasn't scared of strangers, rubbed herself on everyone, got up on everyone's knees, and put her face to your hand if you brought it close to her. She was so cute.
She has quite an appetite... Apparently, she finds the cat treat wrappers from the trash and sucks it all up.. So I get sad thinking about how much she must have suffered on the streets.
Anyway, Lucy is currently doing well with a good owner.
Also, life is very precious, so I hope you adopt only when you can be responsible in the end. There were so many people who suffered [in this case] because of a few selfish people.
Also, unni herself does not know how Lucy became a street cat. Out of nowhere, [Kim Yong Guk] said he adopted out Lucy, and the employees tried to get the cat back after getting the contact information of the new owners. The new owner got really angry, so they couldn't bring it back, demanding to know why they wanted to take back a cat who was doing well.. They were so angry, so the employees figured Lucy would do fine.
They never could have imagined that Lucy would suddenly be found as a street cat. Unni says that there are details coming out that contradicts what she thought, and that she's also confused... And she has no way to figure out what's true because she has since then left.
I was really angry hearing the story because I am a dog owner, but unni was hesitant because she had a heavy heart, so I'm relaying the story with my own anger.
Anyway, I just hope unni and Lucy forgets that label and everyone related, and lives good lives. Thank you for reading this rambling and also for worrying about Lucy. I'll tell her to be responsible and raise Lucy well.
Thank you.

As proof, the poster attached a few photos of Lucy, including her signature paw prints and the snipped ear.

It's good to hear Lucy is doing well.. but how do you feel about Choon Entertainment being accused of lying?
  1. Kim Yong Guk (Longguo)
34 Share 76% Upvoted

L_catzzz Sunday, November 11, 2018 8
Sunday, November 11, 2018

Wow, the story about this cat will be derailed much longer, more than his dating scandal. I'm glad Lucy is doing ok tho.

chukiddin Sunday, November 11, 2018 4
Sunday, November 11, 2018

there r other stories abt his personality too. I swear the least ppl care rn is his dating

Kurapikaaa Sunday, November 11, 2018 3
Sunday, November 11, 2018

Could you please tell us more about those stories ?

3 more replies

Max_South 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

This scandal is maybe the most absurd one I have seen so far.

t0_0t Sunday, November 11, 2018 1
Sunday, November 11, 2018

I'm confused. How many cats does this guy have? I saw him on a cat-show with a black&white one.

waleri Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

3... i mean we can't know for sure now but there are 2 left i guess? a lot of idols have more cats like got7's jb, bambam

changminbaby Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

im so disappointed about this whole situation. if you cant take care of your cat anymore dont throw them in the street do you know how much cruel is that? just find someone else to take care of the cat!! do you know how cold it can be outside? or do you know if that cat did find food to eat or not? how can he sleep well and dont feel guilty about this..

eigb10 Sunday, November 11, 2018 0

I am glad Lucy is okay :D

xhecthor Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

In a short time: "LUCY, The Movie" coming soon to a theater near you.

No, seriously, I'm glad Lucy is okay now with someone who loves her and takes care of her.

NORM Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

My issues with this letter:

- It's NOT from the current owner. If the unni isnt talking, why should you???

- "Anyway, I just hope unni and Lucy forgets that label and everyone related" - If you truly wanted this, you wouldnt have posted this. Nowhere does the letter say the unni wanted to post this either. #Attentionseeking

Only +ve part is the cat is well taken care of.

p.s:I legit didnt know Kim Yongguk b4 this, but it is 1000% obvious that pple are out to destroy him with any & everything, and thats just really pathetic -__-

fantasticlau Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

As a cat lover myself I really loved Kim Yong Guk because of his love for cats (even his instagram name is catsgoesmeow) and I have to say I'm more than disappointed about this whole situation. I believed him and the label when they said they adopted her out, but I'm not sure anymore, since they lied about the cat being under their care, maybe they also lied about adopting her out. I'm glad she found a new home, though. I hope she never ends up in the streets again and will be happy healthy vat for the rest of her life.

NgohiongPuso Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

I thought KPop news would never stoop lower than dating scandals. Now, it's CATS~! WOW Korea! Just Wow!!!

Mitch1 Sunday, November 11, 2018 3
Sunday, November 11, 2018

is it really neccesary to post this other than to give some people a hard time?

zoeyhzbi 30 days ago 2
30 days ago

i think fans deserve to know what kind of a person they're supporting, especially since the image he portrayed is very diff. to what we see now

Mitch1 30 days ago 1
30 days ago

yes but you and i know that posting sonething like this gives judgmental people more weapons to judge someone without knowing the real situation that caused someone to give up a pet..the poster knows exactly what she is doing and judgmental people like you (hope not), takes the bait

zoeyhzbi 29 days ago 0
29 days ago

true but i strongly believe that if he was the loving cat person he claimed to be, he should have been more upfront about the situation than he was. ofc i'm trying to be unbiased but at the same time, it's important to educate people on the importance of responsible pet ownership, especially if it's a celebrity. pets are not toys and sadly, not everyone thinks that.

Anpanman Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

I don't need my faves to be perfect, but this guy basically posed as a cat lover when he had gotten rid of his cat and got caught lying about it, treated his fans and colleagues badly, he is misogynistic, and disrespectful while doing his job, so he's trash and the death of his career in SK is only on him.

hollowman Sunday, November 11, 2018 2
Sunday, November 11, 2018
"The label also said that they have her at their office, but she's no longer working there and they never contacted her about it. She says she wouldn't feel bad about it if at least they provided food for Lucy.. But we'll just let that go."

The above simply does not make sense. Why would the ex-employee/unnie/current owner "won't feel bad about it if at least they (the label) provided food for Lucy", when Lucy is with her at this very moment?

zoeyhzbi 30 days ago 1
30 days ago

Because the label claims that they are taking care of her. From what I understand, it seems like the company may have taken in the cat and given it to an employee (now ex-employee) to care for in her home. However, now that she is the one in charge of everything (food/vet bills/etc), can you still claim that the label is taking care of the cat? If they were contributing to care (ie. providing food) than it's more fair to say that the company is taking care of Lucy.

TLDR; if the label keeps saying that the cat is under their care, they should provide some sort of monetary compensation to back up that claim.

hollowman 30 days ago 0
30 days ago

Okay, i understand now. I interpreted the paragraph wrongly.

Ah_Chuu Sunday, November 11, 2018 3
Sunday, November 11, 2018

Loving watching the AKP staff scramble over all the stupid details of this guy's personal life... usually they have to fabricate their own stories before they get this good.

This letter doesn't explain anything really, but presumably this employee adopted the cat, probably at the label's request, and is now no longer working there and has no contact with any of them. The story is sketchy to say the least... why does this 'friend of the new owner' have all these pictures of a cat she only met once, none of which suggests there was a party going on at the time? Did she take them off the friend's social media page? Is she actually the new owner trying to take a jab at the company without getting in trouble?

Still not sure what terrible crime the guy who gave up the cat is being accused of. There are no photos where she looks anything but well cared for. Nobody's accusing him of abandoning her on the streets, he gave her to someone else because, for whatever reason, he decided he couldn't care for her any more. Why is that anyone else's business? Why was the label getting involved anyway and trying to get her back off the new owner? Since when does rehoming a cat make you a bad person? It makes my head hurt but I can't look away...

dudewhat Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

dont know who or what AKP’s source is, but korean stans on twitter said that the person was not a friend but the ex staff members sister. so yeah, that’s where she got the pics.

Also the problem is not that he gave away the cat, but him and his company lying about taking her back. and while we’re at it, lucy was accepted as a “stray cat” by the shelter, whom they picked up from the street, so he didnt really gave her away but abandoned her. the whole thing is really messy since he didnt care for his pets to begin with but let his manager & his band member take care of them while pretending to be a cat lover. AKP and pannchoa did a horrible job with reporting and translating but what’s new.

peach1210 Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

AKP doesn't have to scramble much this time because this guy's story is all over Naver with several articles.

Also, the poster didn't say she took the photos of the cat herself but that she saw the cat once. The owner could send her all these pics. The "crime" is several things. The cat is just the biggest part of the story I guess. And the problem is not that he couldn't take care of her so he gave her away, but that he got a new purebred kitty that didn't get along with this cat and the other one. This cat had been with him for much longer, but he gave her away over the new one? Then his story and what the company say make less sense than this poster. He pretended to still have the cat. He says he gave the cat away to a new home, but the cat ended on the streets. How do we know he actually gave it away to a home and not abandoned her on the streets himself? And maybe you're an asshole and you think it's his cat so he can abandon her if he wants to, but this guy made his WHOLE image as a cat lover too. Made an album about it and paraded himself on tv as such.

Mitch1 Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

my thoughts exactly..why is it neccessary to post this unless it's for spite? don't claim its for the truth because im sure the poster knows what is really in her heart and it is not pure

taleebe9 Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

How cruel can anyone be to throw out your first cat for a newer one.

dlwhgdms Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

I tolerate a lot of things about people but not when it comes to animals. Leave the animals out of it. How you treat animals says a lot about who you are as a person.

xhecthor Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

In a short time: "LUCY, The Movie" coming soon to a theater near you.

DuskGirl Sunday, November 11, 2018 1
Sunday, November 11, 2018

wait i dont understand. can someone please explain the situation to me?

wjddk Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

Basically fans found pictures of one of Kim Yongguk's cats on shelter social media pages and alerted his agency and the agency said that they picked up the cat and are caring for her, but someone is saying that isn't the truth.

waleri Sunday, November 11, 2018 0

oh god...

LuhanHobiarelife Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

Wow what a fucking dickhead piece of garbage. Karma will bite this fools ass bad one day he deserves the worst ever.

allkpop in your Inbox