WINNER talk about Big Bang's hiatus + rivalry with iKON

By yckim124   19 days ago   134,723   14,644   50
Big-Bang,winner,ikon

WINNER talked about fellow YG Entertainment artists during an interview with Ten Asia.

The group recently made their long-awaited comeback with 'Fate Number For'. Ten Asia asked if they feel pressured to continue the great legacy set by their YG senior group Big Bang, who won't be able to promote as a whole group of 5 for awhile due to mandatory military service.

SEE ALSO: YouTube Red releases trailer for Big Bang's special reality show 'Run, Big Bang Scout!'

Kang Seung Yoon answered, "How can we possibly fill in the emptiness of Big Bang sunbaenim? (laugh) We are still lacking. But it's necessary for us to build WINNER's own music with the goal of becoming a group with continuous growth like Big Bang. In order to do so, I think it's our responsibility to set the right direction."

Lee Seung Hoon added, "YG's new building is being completed. It's not an exaggeration to say that Big Bang sunbaenim built it. As for us, we will work hard to improve the welfare of YG employees who work in the building." He brought laughter as he added, "YG employees, please give us a round of applause."

WINNER also talked about their 'rival' group iKON. The two teams have engaged in competitions since pre-debut, and they might be competing on the charts soon as reports stated that iKON is also scheduled for a comeback in the near future.

Regarding the possibility of promoting at the same period, Kang Seung Yoon commented, "I think it'll be fun. I think we'll be loud and playful in the waiting rooms. I think it'll also be fun to compete with them on the charts. Their music has a different vibe to ours. I think the public will enjoy the different vibes. I heard that iKON's new songs are good too. I'm looking forward to it."

1. Big Bang
  2. WINNER
  3. iKON

toyabong34 18 days ago

Bigbang made YG kingdom into an empire

exscythed 19 days ago

Big Bang should create their own label...just sayin

kpoplolita exscythed 18 days ago

They could have if they wanted to ages back but they were there from day 1 so they feel a sense of duty and they have said over and over again they are taken care of well so why move? Who knows what the future will hold

toyabong34 exscythed 18 days ago

If you ask me i would prefer them to buy YG entertainment

miyub1123 19 days ago

wise word seungyoon, wise word. good job my boy :)

kpop26kpop 19 days ago

I love both, YG stan i love YG music, YG artist, YG Actors and YG model, For me the best company...

chiyasuho 19 days ago

If nothing happen back then IKON and WINNER are best boy group these days :')

reepz 19 days ago

I guess everyone in yg feels some sort of gratitude towards big bang

kpoplolita reepz 19 days ago

in AND out of YG, there are many who respect and want to follow BBs path & are grateful.

sehyunkimm reepz 19 days ago

i mean it is literally big bang (and 2ne1) who built up the yg name & it is bc of them that yg is able to branch out in its empire AHAHA

kpoplolita sehyunkimm 19 days ago

I have to add se7en helped yg alot in debuting 21 and bigbang hes the one who decided their fandom names and intros etc and helped personally train BOTH Groups. Se7en and top were the first SHIP of YG 😉

pricklyash1 reepz 19 days ago

Seriously, the YG building is the building the Dragon built, along with Big Bang

sehyunkimm kpoplolita 18 days ago

wait yeah I'm not saying that big bang and 2ne1 are the only ones who brought yg into the "big 3". all I'm saying is that their popularity was probably the most influential. not hating or belittling se7en or anything, but i would say that YG would still be where it is now (or close to where it is now) without se7en. but i couldn't say the same if YG did not have either big bang or 2ne1 under its belt. but in the grand scheme of things, se7en definitely helped in the initiation processes, & i must also give credit to psy, tablo/epik high, teddy, choice37, jinusean, etc!!!!

chiyasuho 19 days ago

well said from leader seungyoon he knows how to answer everything. And I hope IKON and WINNER fans will bcame united and show those haters who keep saying them as rival. show them that IKON WINNER are family

chiyasuho 19 days ago

Bigbang? :'( i dont think anymore could feel the empty of them. I dont get it why people still think IKON and WINNER as rival? cant people love them as same? They same company no need to bcame rival . -_-

Siimo 19 days ago

I'm getting tired of all of these interviews with questions that are so obviously worded in a malicious way. They're not rivals. "Rivals" is a strong word. They might have been in the past when they were in that stupid competition, and even then they were friends and it was a very painful experience for both them and the fans. And yes, of course, both bands have debuted and they're technically competing with each other in the music industry. However, that still doesn't mean they're enemies. And these people are purposely asking these questions in a way to spark a fire because they know some of the most disgusting fans will start fanwars over what group is better, as they did back in W.I.N, and as they did after YG debuted IKON. Which it's very sad, because these kids trained, grew up together and are close friends with one another. I hope this kind of journalism won't get in the way of their friendship.

lousina 19 days ago

wanna see the new YG building omo

extra