Variety

Kyuhyun's mother chooses between YoonA or Suzy for her son on 'Mamma Mia'

September 16, 2013 @ 2:04 am
by MountainMadman
  • 4
  • 0
  • 1232
  • 126031
  • 1518
Super Junior's Kyuhyun was forced into a tough spot with his mother on the latest episode of KBS's 'Mamma Mia'!

The mother-son duo appeared on the family variety show, where they were asked about Kyuhyun's possible marriage prospects in the future. Since Kyuhyun had previously picked Girl's Generation's YoonA and miss A's Suzy as his ideal types in a previous broadcast, discussion naturally revolved around these two ladies.

SEE ALSO: [Album and MV Review] HyunA - 'A Talk'

Kyuhyun's mother chose YoonA without hesitation. The reason? "She's pretty," she stated outright. "She's prettier than Suzy."

Although everyone prodded Kyuhyun to inject his own opinion into the discussion, he declined, remaining mum on his future plans.

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 1,232 comments

Sort by:

squishy-do
· Posted April 28, 2014 @ 11:47 pm

Yeahh Right YoonA is Prettier than Suzy!

i Love Kyuhyun's Mother kkkkkkkk..

izru029
· Posted December 22, 2013 @ 5:53 pm

goddess yoona slays suzy with her beauty

wendy-yee
· Posted November 17, 2013 @ 2:36 am

I sincerely hope that you guys will not hate Yoona or Suzy and scold them :/ It hurts them, they both did not offence you guys right ? :( They're both awesome & they're obviously perfect....... ;)

wendy-yee
· Posted November 17, 2013 @ 2:34 am

For me, I think both of them are GORGEOUS & AWESOME <3 Yoona is way pretty & Suzy is way sexy :P Anyway, all over, I still think that Yoona is way prettier than Suzy although I knew that Suzy is beautiful. Please guys, Yoona did not do for any PS :) The photo that posted in a black skin was not Yoona, it's a person that fig like Yoona....... It's truth ! If you guys don't trust me, go search on the web :3 I'm not offending any of Suzy's fans <3 If you guys gonna let me choose between the talents between Yoona & Suzy, check out ;)

Pretty: Yoona

Sexy: Suzy

Acting: Yoona because I think she got more experience in it since she got more filmography than Suzy, I think Suzy will be much better coz practice makes perfect :)

Cute: They both :P

Dancing: They both are awesome in it :D

Once........ NO OFFENCE !

christopher21
· Posted October 25, 2013 @ 5:44 am

LOL why it's so serious. it only based on his mom. and who fucking care if she said so.  i choose suzy !.. i love u suzy.. ur the best n perfect. good then. u are matcher with kimsoohyun than him.

andiann
· Posted October 3, 2013 @ 1:51 am

IN MY OPINION... sorry wanted to stress that ^.^ I think they are both super gorgeous, but I don't know I prefer Suzy's eyes, they have a unique shape and her eyebrows seem darker/fuller.  That's just my opinion!

hellsica
· Posted September 30, 2013 @ 6:28 am

lol stop it people about bashing suzy just bc she won the poll. fellow sones, you're better than this, stop being such childish, little kids. as for the other fandoms who just stumbled upon this article and voted for suzy, just dont mind the delusional sones. a true sone doesn't bash other groups and stupidly defend yoona just for the sake of this poll. that goes the same for suzy's fans too, but i think i have to point this out to sones bc my fellow people have been pulling off crazy statements about how ugly suzy looks or wondering how the hell did she won over yoona.

okay, now, i sense a bad omen (probably the negative votes) but i feel like i have to voice that one out. peace to all of you. (esp to my fellow sones <33333)

hellsica
· Posted September 30, 2013 @ 6:38 am
i meant suzy won because, basically, she won all the hate. she still stood out than yoona bc suzy's getting criticized for being compared along with her.
missaxinfinite
· Posted September 30, 2013 @ 4:55 pm
@hellsica ... thank you. god. someone who finally understands. <3

kyuna-musketeers
· Posted September 29, 2013 @ 3:56 am

i saw a comment that said "Kyuhyun and her mom choose YoonA because they're from the same company" oh my, i know you aren't check that episode yet. Kyuhyun didn't choose Taeyeon, even after that he choose Taeyeon. it's confusing me that most of YoonA fans and Suzy fans seems like hardly try to pair their idol with Kyuhyun. please be quiet, Kyuhyun say YoonA is the prettiest girlgroup member for 6 times, and then he said it's Suzy. please stop blame idols nor the fans.

shinee21ss
· Posted September 23, 2013 @ 10:44 pm

YOONA IS THE BEST!

arc3ncie
· Posted September 23, 2013 @ 2:06 am

​whoa shallow much? Jks... Or am I?

angelzuki
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 6:22 pm

​haha now I love more kyuhyun mom lol yay YOONA for me too ur more pretty than Suzy sorry haters

asianblondie
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 3:27 pm

missaxinfinite
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 1:32 pm

It's kind of funny that since SNSD has one of the largest fanbase, most of the comments below are saying Yoona. (: Stop being biased. And the comments saying Suzy, has like ... -20 and more dislikes.

Stop acting like little children.

Just because Kyuhyun's mom said Yoona's prettier, doesn't mean she's the prettiest in everyone's eyes.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get negative likes because you pathetic Yoona fans are so butthurt over everthing.

Yoona would seriously shake her head at you guys. Seriously.

Anyways. Everyone has their own opinions. I honestly like Suzy more.

.Oops. watch out for the negatives coming in.

asianblondie
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 3:08 pm
Honestly stop hating on Yoona. From all you comments on the ones complimenting Yoona, you have to say something negative. They were not even bashing Suzy. Anyone can just tell that you are a fan of Suzy so I mean you're comment describes yourself more than anyone else. Everyone is subjected to their own opinion. And seriously, Suzy would shake her head at you.
missaxinfinite
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 3:14 pm
@asianblondie Really. Then you're obviously blind. You sound like a Yoona bias. (: Get your life with the rest of the sones. YOU obviously haven't seen the comments. Calling Suzy's popularity temporarily, saying suzy has no talent, and that she survives on her looks? Then you say that you guys aren't bashing Suzy. Yup, you yoona fans are sure something.
asianblondie
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 3:31 pm
@missaxinfinite Yep, I am proud to say that I am a Yoona fan. So what? And well obviously I have life and do not have the time to look through EVERY SINGLE comment that you made. I saw some and some of them were not even saying anything bad about Suzy but only complimenting Yoona but you have to go and comment whatever.
missaxinfinite
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 3:35 pm
@asianblondie Yup. I'm a PROUD Suzy fan, and I'll say what I wanna. Get. Your. Life.
asianblondie
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 3:43 pm
@missaxinfinite I already have one. The question is get one for yourself
missaxinfinite
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 3:45 pm
@asianblondie It's not a question. It was a command. An Imperative Statement. Lol, before you get your life, please get an education as well.
asianblondie
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 4:38 pm
@missaxinfinite Ok, fine so I made a mistake. And btw, "An imperative statement" is not a complete sentence so you can't put a period and and make it a sentence by itself. If you're going to correct me, make sure you're correct as well.
foreveryoong
· Posted September 23, 2013 @ 6:16 pm
Hahaha. Wow. Stop acting like a children, but I think you're the one who's acting like a child here. Did we say that yoona is the most beautiful in everyone's eyes? NO. Haha, we respect your opinion but you don't need to tell us something rude like that. Haha.
missaxinfinite
· Posted September 23, 2013 @ 6:47 pm
@foreveryoong Tell that to your fellow SONES. (: SONES are by far one of the rudest, and meanest fandom ever. So I don't know what you're saying. "We're not even bashing Suzy" and shiet. No. Just No. Did you read all the mean comments below? NO.
hellsica
· Posted September 30, 2013 @ 6:16 am
@missaxinfinite wowowow. whats with the generalization of fandoms here, aye? fyi, we're not the most rude and meanest fandom ever. yeah, call me delusional or whatever, but there are sones who are actually calm and composed. quoting from kyu's mom statement, she just said the right thing. lol go hate on me for i don't care just kidding... tbh, there are some people who actually hate on yoona; but allkpop is composed of 90% sm stans and 10% others so you'll unlikely find higher percentage of your fandom here than ours. try posting this article in a suzy fan website or in other websites god knows what; there will be a chance that suzy's votes are higher than yoona, or vice versa. pressing that either one of them is beautiful; people have their own preferences, you can't really blame them if they like yoona more than suzy. (bc yoona is a sexy, gorgeous, perfect human being) and suzy is also one -- but i can't really say positive things about her for the time being bc im not her fan as of now.
hellsica
· Posted September 30, 2013 @ 6:17 am
so idk if that made sense but i tried okay ;~;
missaxinfinite
· Posted September 30, 2013 @ 4:54 pm
@hellsica cool. good for you. (sorry, didn't even bother to read)
xoxorica
· Posted October 12, 2013 @ 7:58 pm
@missaxinfinite ha that's as good as admitting u lost the debate @hellsica I really agree with you the both have their own charms...everyone see them differently @missaxinfinite sees Suzy as the better one and Kyuhyun's mom sees it the other way...just because her opinion is everywhere doesn't mean u HAVE to agree with her ya know
missaxinfinite
· Posted October 12, 2013 @ 8:02 pm
@xoxorica LOLOLOL, okay. awesome. (:

errrrrren
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 9:49 am

​it's not fair-- yoona is beautiful, while suzy is cute. they're different!

abcdefgh
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 8:41 am

The fact is , they make more many than youuu stupid assholee​ , they doesn't even care you fight about them

salma-elf
· Posted April 2, 2014 @ 11:27 am
xDDD Sweeties & YoonAddict keep fighting over who's the prettiest one HELLO WHO CARE ?? ... My Opinion Well I'm Sweetie & YoonAddict in the same time I LOVE BOTH OF THEM But I guess I will choose YoonA She's THE PRETTIEST HERE ^_^ Sorry Suzy U still the BesT

hyuhjaeahn
· Posted September 21, 2013 @ 11:10 am

​It's the perspective that matters~ Everyone has their own perspective of beauty... why bother fighting over people's opinion, creating all these war of comments?

Glomping
· Posted September 21, 2013 @ 10:09 am

​LOL! Kyuhyun's mom made me laughed so hard with her bluntness. XD

Daebaek!

Anyways, this has cause some fan wars. My god.

joseph-dc
· Posted September 21, 2013 @ 12:17 am

​obviously, Yoona's better.

I don't get Suzy's fans.

What do they even find in Suzy, God doesn't know.

missaxinfinite
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 1:23 pm
@joseph-dc lmao. i don't get Yoona's fans. What do they even find in Yoona, God doesn't know.

warmhand
· Posted September 20, 2013 @ 11:00 pm

Yoona ^^

sspecial
· Posted September 20, 2013 @ 8:34 pm

​it's really tacky to say one person is prettier then another.