E-Sens stirs up controversy with a new song targeting his former agency Amoeba Culture and Dynamic Duo's Gaeko

August 22, 2013 @ 11:20 pm
by serendipity
  • 0
  • 0
  • 180
  • 52656
  • 100

Former Supreme Team member E-Sens has released a free song for the public that has raised quite a few eyebrows with its strong lyrics targeted at his former agency and Dynamic Duo's Gaeko.

As mentioned before, E-Sens and former agency Amoeba Culture parted ways recently, with Amoeba Culture stating, "We have told E-Sens that his contract ended on the 19th. E-Sens is no longer an artist on our label. We have parted ways because our ways of thinking about music are different. Simon D will continue to work under Amoeba Culture".

Many wondered then whether the decision not to renew had something to do with E-Sens' past issues and if the decision was reached mutually by both sides.

Then this morning, E-Sens unveiled a free song called "You Can't Control Me", in which he expresses his discontentment with the former agency and singles out former labelmate and one of the founders of Amoeba Culture - Dynamic Duo's Gaeko.

The song contains lyrics that say things like, 'Scamming people while they act like they're putting their all into supporting their hoobaes of Korean hip hop pretending like they're not celebrities'; 'it's like the company cut off my ankle and gave it to me''I'm curious as to whether the blood of the fox, who closed his eyes and lips to the thug-like things they've done to me, will boil'; 'After you listen to this, answer me Gaeko'; 'Don't try to slip out of this like the way you acted towards me inside the company the past 5 years''Get real, the most devious and sly person is you'; 'Cosplaying as a nice person, f*ck that'; 'Amoeba Culture kiss my ass'; and more.

With the media contacting them for response, Amoeba Culture commented, "We were just finishing up Dynamic Duo's new music video. We heard about the song through news articles, but we haven't actually listened to the song yet. It's something we'll have to discuss after we get the staff together... We'll decide on the next step after we listen to the song."

You can take a listen to the song below.

SEE ALSO: [Drama Review] 'My Lovely Girl' - Episode 11

Source: Sports Seoul, Newsen, Osen

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 181 comments

Sort by:

nicolee_k
· Posted August 26, 2013 @ 9:59 pm

"el pueblo unido jamas será vencido"

mind_blown
· Posted August 25, 2013 @ 6:22 pm

Dang he went staight for the kill O_O

sicafan226
· Posted August 25, 2013 @ 4:44 pm

If the song is free why can't I download it?

SunnyMiii
· Posted August 25, 2013 @ 1:15 pm

Am i the only one noticing the Quilapayun reference in the backtrack "el pueblo unido jamas sera vencido"?

b2stly2pm
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 10:22 pm

WOULD ANYONE BE KIND ENOUGH to start from the beginning (with swings I'm assuming from what I'm reading) and tell me step by step what is happening with this whole situation?  I'm super confused right now. Like why is swings even involved in the first place when it seems like the problem is between E-sense and AmoebaCulture&Gaeko.

summerbreeze
· Posted August 25, 2013 @ 8:42 am
E-Sens got in trouble with marijuana, fast forward to Supreme Team being disbanded (Simon D was the other half). ST was under Amoeba Culture, Gaeko is one of the founder. Swings is probably backing E-Sens. If you actually clicked every linked they provided you would actually understand a bit.
dksoulstice
· Posted August 26, 2013 @ 8:17 pm
This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)

HappyFeet
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 7:31 pm

Anyone else tried to rap the 'translated lyrics' while reading the article? lol

lusciouschill
· Posted August 25, 2013 @ 3:29 pm
I didn't even realize I was reading it with rhythm. XD
ipatula
· Posted May 6, 2014 @ 1:18 pm
Same lol

xxjasmin3xx
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 1:50 pm

Ok so I already heard moon swings diss to Simon D (for whatever reason this dude just want attention) but this is stupid as shit E-Sens needs grow up i mean jeez its obvious that this kid is salty as shit cause he cant have his way but its his fault in the first place its just stupid man give and go on about your business. Another thing is I really wish people would stop talking about Kendrick Lamar dissing people like that it just came out this year or something its been around way before that dude was even thought of (besides he stupid anyway) I get that he did but he's not the one who created it so let's stop talking about him like he a god of dissing people in songs -_-.

smexiidubuoppa
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 9:36 am

This sh*t is so boring, E-sens needs to get over himself because now there's going to be all sorts of rap battles for stupid reasons. He needs to stop copying kendrick lamar because it's a poor attempt, if E-sens has a problem with geako he need to sort that sh*t out in private cause nobody need to hear about your goddamn business. E-sens just needs to stop being pissed just because he's practically unemployed.

ps-don't hate it's just my opinion in things

emily235
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 3:36 am

Do I just have bad taste, or is his rap a bit... difficult to listen to. I don't know what it is...

sriverz
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 1:22 am

LOL allkpop screw it up again. Stay out of k-hiphop and stick to your pop shit. Moon Swings started all this "diss" stuff happening in the k-hip hop scene right now. E-sens just replied to Swings and added in some extra disses to amoeba and gaeko.

somini83
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 1:42 am
they already posted about that

somini83
· Posted August 23, 2013 @ 10:28 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawkward

sunshineabbey
· Posted August 23, 2013 @ 8:11 pm

isnt this what rap is abt cursing each other in songs and making money?

bubbleu
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 12:16 am
no sadly some rappers do that but not ever rap song u hear or have heard of is just basic cursing at each other and calling each other out some many memorable rappers do more than just that
amberlynnlove
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 2:41 am
actually rap is about telling a story, it derives from poetry. You speak about your life and the struggles, hopes, dream, ect. with a rhythm. Rap was never supposed to be this hostile ):
thatkpopfan1
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 8:38 am
Hip Hop is telling a story and frustrations. All of this is real Hip Hop. It is scientifically proven that cussing is and automatic response of frustration. A story cant always be sugar coated. For it to mean something, it should be raw. His mistake was going after better rappers then him.
sunshineabbey
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 9:01 am
@bubbleu i dont listen to rap music at all, and the few i have heard is abt cursing, drugs, girls, money...so i dont even bother with it

Rock30815
· Posted August 23, 2013 @ 7:01 pm

If no one stands up and says anything, how will the public ever know. Whether it's professional or unprofessional. I don't know. I just know its good to see people unveiling already questionable persona

amberlynnlove
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 2:44 am
I don't mind him calling people out on their trash, I just wish he would've chosen a better medium to do so, because...if he didn't already know, Gaeko and Simon D are Rap monsters, and aren't gonna hold back. Best believe, they're gonna call him out 2,3 times worse...and probably do it better too. In the end, doing it through rap, may have hurt him, more than helped him get out the truth--as sad as that is.
thatkpopfan1
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 8:35 am
@amberlynnlove Yea i know they will ruin him with their words lol

targaryen_clique
· Posted August 23, 2013 @ 6:22 pm

This guy should do a response to Kdot.

peepper
· Posted August 23, 2013 @ 5:52 pm

this is too damn funny...

tchoua
· Posted August 23, 2013 @ 5:40 pm

The beginning gave me the impression the song was gonna be great but as soon as he started rapping i was done with it. Not that he is bad but the rap has no rhythm at all, it's like he was just talking with music on backgroung.

He should have written a letter instead.

babyblackjack
· Posted August 23, 2013 @ 3:22 pm

Lamar effect has hit Korea XD Can't wait for everyone's verses :D

espelici0us
· Posted August 23, 2013 @ 5:11 pm
WORDDDD LMAO I LOVE IT.
amberlynnlove
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 2:45 am
I KNOW! IM SO EXCITED!lol

cloudabovemyhead
· Posted August 23, 2013 @ 3:09 pm

E-Sens is a beast~

madhatter007
· Posted August 23, 2013 @ 2:46 pm

Well damn, tell us how you really feel.

muzik_monster
· Posted August 23, 2013 @ 2:43 pm

I don't know maybe it's just the way I was brought up but I was told that the revenge is success, so this seems kind of idk childish. I'd expect it from a rookie but not e sans. I mean come on let's be adults.

oompaasha
· Posted August 23, 2013 @ 5:42 pm
Dude. This is hip hop. *pulls out popcorn* enjoy the show.
amberlynnlove
· Posted August 24, 2013 @ 2:47 am
Ideally, thats what everyone should be brought up to think...But I guess its different once your in a position like E-sens is...