Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by yckim124 AKP STAFF 22 days ago

MONSTA X is asked why they're so popular overseas

MONSTA X
MONSTA X shared thoughts on their global popularity.

On October 23, MONSTA X guested on JTBC's 'Idol Room' in light of their comeback with 'Are You There?'. Prior to their comeback, MONSTA X successfully completed their second world tour.

MONSTA X shared about their promotions overseas, and said, "About 7,000 fans waited for us outside the LA venue."

The MCs asked the reason behind their immense popularity overseas. Shownu answered, "We put effort into communication. Also, we are cool on stage then cute offstage."

The MCs playfully asked, "In what ways are you cute?"  Shownu replied, "Fans call me cute but my members are cuter."

MONSTA X also talked about each members' popularity in different countries. They said, "Hyungwon is most popular in Asia, I.M in South America, Wonho and Shownu in the U.S."

20 Share 87% Upvoted

desikyu 22 days ago 2
22 days ago

Monsta X are an awesome group. I'm American, but they'd honestly be super popular anywhere - even Korea....but sometimes it's just a matter of luck and marketing. People need to see the name, see a viral moment, hear a song, to even click and give them a chance, especially when there are so many kpop groups. But when they do click...they always definitely fall in love with this group....with their incredible team chemistry and bond, their talent, personalities, and music.

I've seen so many Monbebes regret not stanning them sooner!

Celebration 22 days ago 1
22 days ago

Monsta X had bad luck at the beginning. They released around major hits. So they are really just now getting traction. Their first win should have been Hero in my opinion.

Haru_ki 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

literally, Hero was their beginning and they were doing good in the charts. They always had nice songs, at least to me, but because i think there aren't your typical kpop group that plays it safe all the time.

Lynn_USA 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

Shownu answered, "We put effort into communication. Also, we are cool on stage then cute offstage." Monbebe notice the effort you make to speak to each audience in their language. Your English has improved so much over the past year. And, yes you are all so cute off stage...Monsta X-Ray 4, please!! Love all of you #Monsta_X.

Celebration 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

Yep, we Americans love our muscles and Shownu and Wonho definitely aligns with that taste. Yummy.

Brewingstorm 22 days ago 0

You missed out the most important- Kihyun said he's popular in Jeju 😂😂😂

no_words 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

yes, It's their duality that I and my friends love. Mature charisma on stage, true variety dol dorks off stage. They remind me so much of groups like Suju, Mblaq, and 2PM.

I've been a kpop fan for a long time, but none have my heart like MX

teleri 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

Went to their Atlanta concert this year - AWESOME :d I have liked many of their songs, but didn't fully appreciate them until I saw them on stage. I thought they put on a fabulous show :D

fadedcolors 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

Shownu, you are the cutest member to me. They all cute, but you're cuter to me

rc101 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

Probably because they're more mature looking and acting. Most idol groups are now younger and have cute concepts that work better in Korea, and gain young fans with the time to vote and stream like crazy. But the MX sex appeal really works everywhere else. Their cover of TVXQ's Mirotic is the best I've seen.

Haru_ki 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

I like them but can't say i follow them that much. Anyways i always watch their mv and listen their songs since their debut, i think grew up a lot!

Chava 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

they have become more popular now because Eshy Gazit is managing them. He is the one that managed BTS and gave them their break in the US

SusanLiu 22 days ago 0

Here’s the female version of Monsta x’s Shoot out:

-11

Sarah_mia (Banned) 22 days ago 3
22 days ago

"cute" like a down syndrome kid.

Popular for them is just selling only 5k venue in the US. They hv low standard just like exoflop

MINMIN06 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

Is monsta x being cute a problem to u? Also are u that pathetic to use "down-syndrome" as an insult towards a group u don't like? You are actually not insulting monsta x but u are offending the ppl with down-syndrome and treated them like a joke when they are humans just like us. You are really disgusting. And anyways your "selling only 5k venues in U.S." statement is just ignorance. You are only talking about one venue when monsta x has more than 10 venues toured in the U.S. Plus, U.S. is not = worldwide. Worldwide involves a lot of countries so yeah mx is popular overseas in more than one country. This is what the article is about so myb improve your comprehension before commenting. And exo flop? Sorry but that is just your delusion that u wish to believe because u want your faves to be first in everything

teleri 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

YOU are reported.

Not_interested 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

somehow i smell Army's XD

-11

Alexia6 22 days ago 2
22 days ago

They are popular because they always take off their clothes, in their concerts are almost just adolescents -14. The only thing fans talked about was how sexy they are. With other groups the age range is more varied. (I work in a company)

no_words 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

that's utter nonsense lol. I'm actually older than Monsta X. I love them for their songs, manners, and teamwork.

Generally speaking, older kpop groups like Monsta X have older fans. If you actually followed this group or the fandom, you'd see the varied ages. And if you actually 'worked' anywhere - you wouldn't bother with silly online trolling :p

MINMIN06 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

The only ppl who only talked about their bodies 24/7 are those who aren't even a mbb and didn't bother to check out monsta x songs. You should be on twt more to see what actually we mbbs talked about. From their personalities to talents. Cause we fans know they are more than their body unlike the non-stans. What u say is just pure ignorance. So myb u should start stanning monsta x so u can widen your eyes and see that they are more than their bodies

allkpop in your Inbox