Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by beansss AKP STAFF 22 days ago

Kim Hyun Joong answers a question about his son during 'When Time Stopped' press conference

Kim Hyun Joong

SS501 member Kim Hyun Joong attended the press conference for his upcoming KBS-World drama 'When Time Stopped' on October 23.

SEE ALSO: The first episode of Kim Hyun Joong's comeback drama records a disappointing viewer rating of 0.1%

Despite the event being held in light of the premiere of 'When Time Stopped, the singer/actor was then directed a question about his son. Kim Hyun Joong sincerely answered with, "I am sorry to the other actors and staff for such a question, when we are here to promote our drama production. However, I will try to answer honestly. Currently, I'm still in a situation where I cannot see the child. I do not know what the right thing is. Nonetheless, I believe I must do my best in my own place. For that child. This is all I can say in response. Whatever more I say can be hurtful to that child, so I will preserve my words. Because right now, I cannot see him."

Upon the press's request, Kim Hyun Joong further addressed his 4-year hiatus, and his decision to return to the entertainment industry. "After being discharged from the military, I was forced to accept so many different things happening around me, and I was shocked. There were issues and cases. I spent some time feeling lonely. I did not go outside. I debated whether or not I lived a failed life. When I began pondering how to become happy again, I heard some good things. When I opened my ears to listen, people told me, 'Have strength'. That's why I decided that I should start over again with dramas, and with music. These days, I am living hoping that each day will be a happy day. There may not be a farther future, so I am living joyfully with the mindset to just live for today," he shared.

103 Share 73% Upvoted

teleri 22 days ago 15
22 days ago

So happy about his drama :D So furious he's not been able to see his child, and I truly wish reporters would stop harassing him. Choi Hye Mi lost ALL her court cases and appeals, admitted she lied and apologized for it. She's proven trash.

AnitaJoy 22 days ago 0

Agree

krell 22 days ago 9
22 days ago

Okay, so KHJ needs to file PATERNITY 'Legal Papers' (COURT) to establish his PARENTAL RIGHTS via HEREDITY?

And KHJ has NOT done that yet? ... I did see where Ms. CHOI did DROP her LEGAL CLAIM that KHJ is the FATHER ; thus DECLINING to try for MONEY SUPPORT for their child from KHJ. IF that KHJ does FILE LEGALLY to become a PARENT of their child, does KHJ also become MONEY LIABLE to support their child? I am trying to get an IDEA as to IF that KHJ has FILED the LEGAL PAPERWORK yet in their PARENTAL situation? And if NOT, WHY the DELAY on this from KHJ ???

9 more replies

bangeryun94 21 days ago 3
21 days ago

Hey! Can you send me a DM here?

3 more replies

KHJUSAfan 22 days ago 5
22 days ago

This kind of thing is trash journalism. the event was about the drama. do a seperate piece for his personal issues if you really must so that it can be covered clearly and not fraught with ambiguity just to get a racey headline. properly report how Choi Hye Mi dropped the paternity case before judge could issue ruling from the sealed lab report and how the was counter suing her custody/support case for full custody of the child showing he was ready to take full responcibility for child...

teleri 22 days ago 1
22 days ago

It's not AKP here, it's the reporters who keep asking the questions. I wish they would stop :(

KHJUSAfan 22 days ago 0

I know and agree

SS501SS301 22 days ago 2
22 days ago

Hey just read your article - can you give the link to the Osen article please?

2 more replies

IrisRose 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

KHJ answered those questions with quiet grace and courage--the courage he has displayed through all this. A talented, good person has gone through so much misery because of one unbalanced and vindictive person. I hope he continues to hear more support and ignores the hate from people who just like to hate.

marisara 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

I’m really happy KHJ is working in a drama again. The reporter was out of place. I wish him the best of lucks with the drama because he’s an excellent actor and I missed him. 😀❤️👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🎉🎉

SharonGarmed09 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

Kim Hyun Joong all our support from Mexico, you are the best and the series is going to be a success all your fans of the world supporting your return. I LOVE YOU!!!

taleebe9 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

Why can't he see his child?

Aside from that, I really hate when reporters asks unrelated questions. Thi is a conference for the drama, not his personal life. I know its your job, but do it right.

Sissya89 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

i hope one day he will finally see his son!!!

SS501SS301 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

Does anyone know what's the latest update from the court which happened on the 18th? Is he finally free from her yet or not?

The reporter shouldn't have asked him that at the press conference when it was clearly about the drama not about his own personal issues.

Miyako_TS 22 days ago 0

❤❤❤❤❤

hohliu 22 days ago 1
22 days ago

I am sincerely just curious. Henecia fan members, does KHJ communicate with his core fan members during the tough years? Does he directly keep the fans with updated news of his life and does he personally thank fans often for their support? In these tough years, if KHJ takes care of his huge fanclub. He will have a career to come back too. But if he did not, it will be very hard.

I am just curious if he does actively treasure his fans personally instead of others doing the job for him.

teleri 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

Yes to both questions. He does care a lot about his fans.

hohliu 22 days ago 4
22 days ago

Why cant he see his child? She was found guilty and he was found not guilty. I see no reason to why he is not allowed to see his child. That is just not fair on child and father.

teleri 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

We have no clue - he won't talk about it and because Choi Hye Mi dropped the court case (for child support) there's no public records. Lots of speculations, no answers.
I agree, totally unfair.

KHJUSAfan 22 days ago 2
22 days ago

Choi Hye Mi didnt even let him and his family see child when family court issued a temporary ruling for joint custody before droping the case for custody and support do to improper filing. it was filed by chois mom in childs name

2 more replies

suflitta 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

It was not the time to ask personal things, because it was a conference related to his work and the other thing is that I would have liked him to refer to "my son" not to "that child"

jeyjin 21 days ago 1
21 days ago

I think that he needs he needs to take custody of the child but with his career, he won’t ever be available for his son...

KHJUSAfan 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

not true.. he could make a parenting plan modled after how Faith Hill and Tim Macgraw handled thier busy careers with thier children. they hired a full time nanny and took kids with them every where even on tour. they spent every spare minute together. quality time over quantity time. its very do able.. as it has been done.

Sissya89 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

he said child and not son 🙁🙁🙁

krell 22 days ago 1
22 days ago

As observation, MAYBE KHJ should have designated a DIFFERENT DAY and "Press Conference" to answer questions about his CHILD PATERNITY situation. Or just release a STATEMENT that is READ by someone? NOT saying that what was done at this 'DRAMA PROMOTIONAL' Event was okay exactly. BUT, it seems NOT a surprise to me that K-NEWS MEDIA is WONDERING about KHJ's current PERSONAL PATERNITY situation. APPARENTLY, KHJ has had LITTLE to say on the matter. So, now, KHJ gets AMBUSHED if you will. Which, NOT that much of a surprise to me that this would happen. The sad reality, NOT ILLEGAL for K-NEWS MEDIA to ask him questions about his PATERNITY situation. NOT saying anyone has to like that either.

KHJUSAfan 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

actually he was considering making a seperate statement before then press confrence. however I dont think he was able to due to his current schedual.. he is on tour in japan right now had to fly back after a concert and now fly back for the next one.. I also think that he opted not to just do a press release because reporters would still ask the questions and as he said he doesnt like speaking of the child he cant even see because he doesnt want the child harmed..

EmmyKookieMin 22 days ago 1
22 days ago

I hate when reporters do this! This is a personal matter and should be left alone while he promotes for a drama with the other casts. I really don't think they should have to be asked who are they dating or how is their relationship about this person, things like that. I wished he had not answered it though. I'm upset for him though, he should be able to see his child.

KHJUSAfan 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

I am glad he answered simply amd sincerly... because thats just who KHJ is

KHJUSAfan 14 days ago 0
14 days ago

because it would not post where it should responding here this way to Jarhons ingorance...

Sehunicron 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

yas oppar

SadChemE 21 days ago 2
21 days ago

I understand the rulings and everything thats been reported but I cannot support or advocate for this dude. He himself admitted to laying his hands on her. Regardless of everything else when he did that he lost any respect I had for him. If people choose not to support him it is their decision so people need to stop going off on people who aren't fans of his.

KHJUSAfan 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

you seem a bit confused the people I know here and myself are not as you put it going off on people because they are not his fans.. we are going off on them for making insulting untrue comments about him... also the only time he admitted to putting his hands on her as you say was when she broke into his house and attacked him... so your claim is we should lose all respect for people who defend themselves??? Thats Poppycock. a flawed thought process. If people dont like him So What.. We are not saying they have to like him but they don't have the right to slur his name, falsly accuse him of actions the courts have proven he didnt do. before you say what about the martial arts demonstration he was fined for... well you said you understood court rulings if thats true you know military prosecutors found that he didnt harm her. before you say thats still laying hands on her nope sorry wrestling around showing off martial arts moves is pretty normal and is done in play not as an act of violence.

teleri 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

You obviously DON'T understand any of the court findings nor this case if you still think KHJ actually abused her, beat her, or did anything other than the one MUTUALLY physical fight which involved pushing & shoving - ie when she attacked HIM, biting & scratching (there are fan & professional concert photos/footage showing these injuries BTW - well before Choi Hye Mi went to the police). He 'lay hands on her' by pushing her out of his apartment!!! I mean, what would you do? Just let her stay, trashing your place? Yeah.
Everything she said was a lie or an exaggeration - she's admitted to lying and apologized for it, and has been convicted of both fraud and defamation. She lost every court case and appeal so far, and has to pay a huge fine.
Tell me again why you don't like him? Cause if it's over supposed 'violence' against a woman, you've not got anything to back your opinion up.

2fat 22 days ago 2
22 days ago

Come on children. He's a public figure returning to the spotlight after a huge scandal of course the press is going to ask about it.

teleri 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

You are right - it just pains me :(

KHJUSAfan 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

of course we knew it was coming... we arent children... doesnt mean we have to like it or that its right...

LittleSukie 22 days ago 1
22 days ago

He was at top of the world a few years back. Heck, universe really has a way of playing with people's lives. It is sad that he can't see his kid.I was wondering what's up with that.

KHJUSAfan 22 days ago 0

Choi Hye Mi need we say more shes evil

mrcloris 22 days ago 14
22 days ago

ES que cunado no me equivoco me da mucho pesar,, sabia que iba haber alguien , algún periodista que, quisiera convertir su alegría, en un desastre, por que la maldad, siempre tiende a triunfar, sobre, inocentes y culpables,, pero Dios es grande,,y con su esfuerzo y el nuestro, saldrá adelante,, sobre el hijo, tengo mis sospechas, pero lo admiro por que no quiere involucrarlo en la controversia, si es o no suyo,,

krell 22 days ago 13
22 days ago

(I did GOOGLE Translate Your Above Message) ... The CHILD is *definitely* a child of both KHJ and Ms. CHOI. DNA TESTING did already prove that to the satisfaction of a COURT. But now, apparently LEGALLY, KHJ has YET to establish via COURT LEGAL ACTIONS (Paperwork, etc) that KHJ is too the LEGAL HEREDITY PARENT of their CHILD together. Ms. CHOI is obviously the MOTHER, as she gave BIRTH at the HOSPITAL. BUT also, Ms. CHOI is NOT presently claiming that KHJ is actually the HEREDITARY FATHER. So, currently, Ms. CHOI does also DECLINE any MONEY SUPPORT from KHJ on that 'CHILD Together' basis. KHJ needs to DO something LEGAL, apparently (via S.K COURT activity), IF he wants any PARENTAL RIGHTS in his situation.

KHJUSAfan 18 days ago 12
18 days ago

Krell I just have to ask you this... The eleventh hour retraction of the paternity case just before the court was set to make a ruling on it. when her lawyer supposedly has confirmation of a possitive dna match that some anonamous hospital staff confirmed in hand. doesnt it make you even a little tiny bit suspicious that the child might not actually be KHJ. Because up until that moment I honestly believed the child to be KHJs.. Since that moment I just cant bring myself to believe it.. that action is inconsistant with everything she had done upto that point except her refusal to go for dna test until the court actually ordered her to...both intellectual and emotional responce tells me something is off about this.

12 more replies

_Jarhon 22 days ago 33
22 days ago

Look its a womanbeater on TV. How classy. And braindead morons supporting that is almost as low as he is.

KHJUSAfan 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

ahh look its the known troll trolling yet again... an actual reporter who deals in facts ... LMBO!!!!! you obviously dont deal in Facts and accurate information as you claim or you could not have just made that statement in light of the 3 court investigations and rulings...

teleri 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

Look, troll - how braindead are YOU? Have you just missed all the court findings on this case? Oh, and Choi Hye Mi actually ADMITTING she lied and then apologizing for it? Yeah. No one is looking to you for class nor intelligence.

Anpanman 21 days ago 30
21 days ago

*Woman beater with a DUI record

30 more replies