Posted by mountainmadman24 pts Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Big Bang's Daesung's car accident: The story so far

For the past couple of weeks, fans of Big Bang worldwide have been waiting anxiously for the results of the autopsy regarding the motorcyclist Hyun, who was found dead on the side of the street at 1:30 AM on May 31st. The crew at allkpop shares their pain - heck, we're some of the biggest K-pop fans there are - and with the flurry of news reports, many of which contradicted each other or revealed nothing significant, we felt it would be a good idea to compile all of the information that's floating out there on the Internet and distill them into one, single, easy-to-digest article. If you've been a follower of this incident from the beginning, you probably know everything there is to know already about this topic, and this article isn't necessarily meant for you. However,for those of you that may be slightly confused about certain things, or getting a little dizzy in the head from all the information (and misinformation) swirling around the topic, we hope we can clear up some of those questions you might have. === Here's everything that we know for certain, and a few things that we don't know for certain: The Accident On May 31st, at approximately 1:30 AM, Yeongdeungpo police responded to an emergency 119 call (the Korean equivalent of 911) from nearby Yanghwa Bridge, an eight-lane bridge that crosses over the Han River. When they arrived on the scene, they found a taxi rear-ended by Daesung's Audi and a nearby motorcyclist sprawled on the ground, along with his trashed motorcycle. The taxi driver had first spotted the motorcyclist, Hyun, lying on the ground, and had successfully maneuvered his taxi to a stop and had turned on the emergency lights. Daesung's Audi was separated from the taxi by another car, who managed to successfully avoid the crash site. However, Daesung was unable to maneuver away in time and crashed into the taxi, running over the motorcyclist in the process. Through ensuing investigations, it was revealed that Daesung hadn't been driving under the influence. Aftermath Investigations started immediately following the accident, with Daesung and the taxi driver being taken in for questioning. After five hours of initial questioning, Daesung was released and taken back home. Questions were raised over the lack of skid marks, as the taxi driver stated that he hadn't seen any skid marks on the scene, and that his taxi had been pushed over 30 meters. "In my personal opinion, I think he accidentally stepped on the accelerator instead of the brake.", the driver said. Also, there was a question of whether or not Daesung had been driving over the speed limit. Although Daesung himself had said he had been driving at 80 km/h - above the limit - the taxi driver said otherwise, saying that he had been driving at 60 km/h. Finally, the Yeongdeungpo Police decided that Daesung had indeed been driving over the speed limit, and released an official statement saying that, "Daesung has violated his duty to drive safely". In the hours following the accident, YG Entertainment had released an official statement on the matter. "Daesung is in great shock and sadness over an accident that he could not avoid. He burst into tears due to his concerns for the injured party." YG CEO Yang Hyun Suk also expressed his personal grief over the tragedy. "I know that the pain Daesung is going through is incomparable to the agony that the victim and his family are feeling, but what I am most worried about is that this will bring about serious psychological trauma that will last months, years." Meanwhile, the family of the deceased motorcyclist showed their grief over their relative's death, and Daesung attended the funeral of the motorcyclist accompanied by YG representatives and his attorney. Family members expressed their sadness, but also had kind words for Daesung. "We were angry at first, but after seeing Daesung in person, he looked truly pitiful himself. He looked like he was having a hard time. Wouldn't he be shocked to have experienced this horrible accident at such an early age?", said a family member. Meanwhile, the National Forensic Service reported that the autopsy results would be delayed, and also dispelled a rumor that there had been a previous accident that had been perpetuated by a mysterious hit-and-run driver. Instead, it was revealed that the motorcyclist Hyun had been under the influence of alcohol, the NFS reported. The Future The autopsy on the deceased motorcyclist is currently underway, and the results are still pending, said the NFS.MBC's "News Desk" reported that Hyun could have been alive before Daesung had run him over, but it is unclear if MBC was reporting on false information or had a source, but "the investigation is still proceeding," according to an official statement. Since the hit-and-run speculation had been confirmed to be false, the police are concentrating their efforts on establishing a clear timeline. However, the lack of CCTV cameras made it hard to establish a clear-cut line of events, the police stated. "We must determine whether or not Hyun had already died before Daesung's accident.", the police said. The autopsy results are scheduled to be released within the week. "As soon as the results are acquired, we will present the comprehensive results." === Stay tuned to allkpop for the latest news as this unfortunate incident unfolds.

0 387,041 Share 67% Upvoted

allkpop in your Inbox

New Message