Movies, Social Media

Lee Jun Ki welcomes Hollywood actress Milla Jovovich to Korea

By KpopJoA   5 days ago   184,066   42,428   27
lee-jun-ki

Actor Lee Jun Ki gave fellow 'Resident Evil' star Milla Jovovich a warm welcome to Korea, posting a lovely photo on his Instagram page.

On January 12, the actor presented the Hollywood actress with a souvenir gift at a dinner table.  Milla Jovovich beamed brightly, her husband, director Paul W.S. Anderson also looking happy by her side.

SEE ALSO: Lee Jun Ki thanks Milla Jovovich for complimenting his martial arts skills!

Based on Capcom's popular video game series, 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter' picks up from the previous installment of the widely acclaimed franchise.  In order to settle things once and for all, Alice (Milla Jovovich) heads over to Raccoon City, now in ruins, to take down Umbrella Corporation from depopulating humanity.

Lee Jun Ki will take on the role of Umbrella Corps. commander, Lee.  Taking the side of Umbrella, Lee Jun Ki is set to demonstrate his character's grand existence.

The actor also shared a surprising photo of the two, holding a plate of sauteed pig's feet as they chatted during dinner time.

Welcome to Korea Milla~!!!

A photo posted by 배우 이준기 a.k.a Actor JG !李準基 (@actor_jg) on

1. Lee Jun Ki
    2. milla jovovich

katy9878 5 days ago

Milla IG story update. I swear Lee Joon Gi is cute af

xSeulgibear katy9878 4 days ago

he's too cute <3

just_a_fanboy 5 days ago

Any Resident Evil fans here of both movies and games? lol

KatM just_a_fanboy 5 days ago

The movies are a joke and the games have been on a swift decline. I'm so glad this is going to be the last RE movie; one stunt-woman needed to be amputated, and a crew member died from an accident on set. If you want to watch decent (I guess) Resident Evil movies, watch the CGI films. I am surprised though that Lee Jun Ki was in this - I'm proud because it's a Hollywood production, but I'm also not so proud because it's a shitty RE movie.

Blue82 just_a_fanboy 5 days ago

I play the games, watch the CGI movies, watch the regular movies, and have read the S.D Perry books. I don't compare the movies to the games since they were made to be different on purpose. It's been talked about a lot and they didn't want to make movies that mirrored the games since the fans had already played the games so much. The movies are suppose to be treated like an alternate version. Similar to how DC and Marvel have many different story line arcs. I'm actually more worried about Resident Evil 7 coming out since it appears to only have solo play for the campaign and I prefer playing the games with my husband and also playing with a friend who is also really into Resident Evil. I was excited for Lee Jun Ki to be in the movie since I love seeing different things I'm interested in mixing together.

kpopace9 Blue82 5 days ago

I also liked Resident evil 5 because of the co-op mostly, but it was not what I was hoping for as Resident evil game. As a game it is a good game, but since Resident evil 4 they went (in my opinion) the wrong way (even though it was a great game). Resident evil 6 I tried to convince myself it was a good game, but in the end I really did not liked it (it did not know what it wanted to do). Resident evil 7 I look forward playing, but I really do not hope it will only be running away from the Baker family and a few of those black monster thrown into it. On-topic, I liked the movies, because I was able to distance the movies from the game in my head and will be watching the new one once it comes out.

sejung_wang KatM 5 days ago

any movie adaptations from anime and games are always hated... Typical.

KatM sejung_wang 5 days ago

These are literally god-awful. Anderson shoehorned his wife into a permanent lead role for a character that doesn't even exist. In fact, every single character from the first movie was made-up; why? Who fucking knows. I'd say a good 80% of the faces in Resident Evil movies aren't actual characters. Even the entire plot was made-up when it didn't need to be - it's not like the game's base plot is even remotely hard to follow. Hollywood has a undying tendency to butcher anime and video game films. The vast majority of people don't go to the theater to see the writer/director's distorted fanfiction version of the story - they simply want a live-action version of whatever it is they're a fan of. Case in point: Resident Evil Afterlife was unarguably closest to RE5 but in movie format, and it had several actual characters (Wesker, Chris, Claire, Jill). It sold the highest of all RE movies at the box office.

Blue82 kpopace9 4 days ago

5 they went a bit more towards shooters because they were trying to figure out the co-op style at that point. 6 was actually really good and is one of the highest selling Resident Evil games even though there are so many bad reviews. It wasn't that they didn't know what direction they wanted to go with it but instead wanted to give the players different options as well as playing to the personality of the characters. With Leon you get a lot of the sneaking around and 'in the shadows' type game play and they brought back where you are forced to sneak around and go slow during tense moments. For Chris he's more of a brute strength and deep loyalty kind of guy with a protective streak a mile wide. They played to that having him be protective over the men in his unit and giving the 'big brother' feel like he would if he was taking care of Claire. For Sherry and Jake's campaign I honestly didn't expect much but Sherry being mutated didn't surprise me at all since I have read the books and her parents were both involved with the Raccoon City testing. Her own father ended up as an enemy after transforming. Ada though her story was the most thought out. She's been behind the scenes in several games and has been the ultimate shadow character. To finally get to see her in action and even play her was a rewarding feeling. She had a completely different perspective than the other characters. I am going to buy Resident Evil 7 but if the play has gone back to being like Resident Evil 1 &2 then I won't be playing it often. I've played all the games and even though the story was nice from the first few games the game play itself was full of glitches and issues. Something that many people forget with their nostalgia.

kpopace9 Blue82 4 days ago

I have played all Resident evil games, but Resident evil 6 was in my opinion terrrible. It was 0% scary and at the same time was a below average shooter. That is what I mean as they did not know what they wanted to do. They wanted to make Leons campaign more tense like you said, but instead I felt annoyed most of the time since the horror moments felt so forced (if that makes sense). Chris his campaign was garbage for me, because it was simply a below average shooter (and I still cannot forgive Capcom for making him look like a Terminator since RE5). Sherry/Jake was forgetable and simply not interesting (not terrible, but not great). Ada was the better one from what I could remember and had some interesting moments. About the nostalgia bit, RE 1 on PS1 I did not like either, but I love the Remake version on Gamecube. Resident evil 2 I still play time to time from which I cannot remember getting any glitches (at least not more than I get with the average games nowadays). The reason why the gameplay from RE4 worked for me was because it gives you the freedom to shoot wherever you want without making you too fast. Making you move fast takes out all the tense moments, because you can now simply run past/ roll / kick etc, to freedom. For me I like the games as following the most: RE:Remake, RE2, RE Zero, RE4, RE3, RE:Code Veronica, RE5, RE6 (not counting the spin-offs beside Code Veronica). Some people do not like the tank controls of the older games, but I never had any problems with it. I do think it is funny to read how two different kind of people can have such a huge difference in view of a single game serie. Because it speaks for itself that this is simply my view of the RE games and tastes differs. And from what I can see of the RE7 trailers it looks like Outlast (don't know if you ever played it), but with some shooting moments and some puzzles. Those are not really my kinda horror games where you got to hide a lot of the times, but i hope to get proven wrong and cant wait to play it.

kpopace9 Blue82 4 days ago

Never thought I would write so much about Resident Evil on AllKpop :P

Blue82 kpopace9 4 days ago

See for me when I played the originals they felt clunky and the glitches were numerous they've even been mentioned in articles on Kotaku as well as other gaming sites. The one that annoyed me the most was when you were being stealthy down a hallway and suddenly you'd be stuck and not able to move forward because you were 'caught' on the wall. You'd have to back up a bit then go forward. I hated that so much. If I'm sneaking around trying to avoid dogs and zombies then I don't want to get stuck when there is nothing actually blocking me. The controls improved in 3 but for me it wasn't worth playing more than once. 4 I will admit is good but I absolutely hate escort missions and Ashley the daughter you have to help drove me nuts. I wanted to kill her myself. I'm not a fan of games like COD I'm more Skyrim, Mario bros, Devil May Cry, Soul Calibur, because storyline is important to me. If it's a two player game then I want to feel like there is team work involved. That's one of the reasons I enjoyed 6 is because there are things that are definitely team work but you still have the feeling of playing independently too. Like you said for different people they have different preferences. I'm old enough too that seeing video games evolve it doesn't bother me as much as the die hard people who would gladly play the same game over and over just repackaged. I'll play a reboot of a game I love but for a series I want to see it evolve in game play to match the newer generations abilities console wise and I want to see story progression for games with a strong history of backstories. There are remakes I don't like such as the Devil May Cry remake where they completely changed part of Dante's history and geneology and then there are others like the newer Mario bros titles where I think they have done the series justice. I think I'm more excited about the new Zelda game than I am Resident Evil 7 at this point though. I had a hard time getting into Skyward Sword so I'm hoping this one is more fun for me. Twilight Princess was beyond fun (except the annoying escort mission.)

kpopace9 Blue82 4 days ago

Luckily i did not got the problem with getting stuck (or at least not that I would remember). The changes made in newer RE games made everything too easy I think and did not give me the feeling I was having fun, but almost like I am asking myself "am I almost at the end?". Rebooting a series I do not mind so much, but it should keep the "soul" of the game in it. RE6 threw that out the window completely. Mario and Zelda as a example knew how to evolve the game without losing what they were. Everytime the series evolved people kept recognizing the series without feeling they were playing a entirely different series but this time with Mario/Link in it. I have just pre-ordered the Nintendo Switch, so I also will be waiting for the new Zelda game. Since it will be coming early March, I will just (hopefully) enjoy myself with Resident Evil 7, Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and probably Yakuza 0 soon. I do have to confess that I have not yet played Twilight Princess and Skyward sword (please don't kill me). What did you think of Mario Odyssey which was anounced just now?

2fat 5 days ago

One of my favorite franchises. I've been waiting a year. It's to be the last installment. (sad face) But, bright spot, it's got my man Lee Jun ki. Softens the blow. I know he'll be badass cause Milla already said he is.

nami_chan 5 days ago

she is so pretty and jun ki .. well he is just perfect <3

infinitecharlo 5 days ago

He is one fine looking man

iluv1n2d 5 days ago

"Also her husband looking happy on her side.".... looks for this husband of hers....nada only pair of hands...how do they know he looked happy?

minwooswifey19 5 days ago

BAD ASS MILLA!!!!!!!!!! I love her

big_kpop_lovers 5 days ago

woah she always my fav tough !!

BngTnLvr 5 days ago

Junki looks like one of those salesmen people that just tricked the costumer into buying something for a price higher than it actually is... and Milla looks like the innocent person who just got tricked thinking she bought it for a "GREAT PRICE..."

MyTwoCent 5 days ago

He's so thin!

2fat MyTwoCent 5 days ago

Yeah too thin I think. He lost something like 30k before Moonlovers and it looks like he hasn't put it back on. It's harder to tell in traditional garb how skinny he got.

hi dad hat