INFINITE's "Destiny" and Kang Seung Yoon's "It Rains" go head to head on real time charts

July 16, 2013 @ 2:57 am
by starsung
  • 1
  • 0
  • 132
  • 23678
  • 0
INFINITE is seeing immediate results with the release of their anticipated track "Destiny" but they're facing some stiff competition from new star Kang Seung Yoon who also released his single "It Rains" just earlier today.

Immediately upon its release on the 16th, "Destiny" grabbed the #1 spot on MelOn, Naver Music, Mnet, Bugs Music, Olleh Music, Soribada and more. Their follow-up tracks, "Inception", "Going to You", and "Mother", also ranked high on the music charts, showing how much Inspirits have missed the boys. However, Kang Seung Yoon is posing quite a challenge as he takes over the #1 spot at times, pushing INFINITE to #2, leaving the two artists to flip back and forth on several real time charts including MelOn, Monkey3, Daum Music and more.

INFINITE will perform their first comeback stage on the July 19th broadcast of KBS 2TV's 'Music Bank', while Kang Seung Yoon is expected to follow up this release with a mini album.

Congrats to both!

SEE ALSO: INFINITE are cool and chic for 'Vogue Girl' making film

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in!]

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 132 comments

Sort by:

miss-magnolia
· Posted July 18, 2013 @ 5:43 am

INFINITE FIGHTING!! "Destiny" is such a powerful comeback!! Your hardwork will be rewarded :) No matter what place Infinite gets, Inspirits will always see you as number 1. Three years since infinite's debut ; they really deserve where they are now :) HWAITING

ekim
· Posted July 17, 2013 @ 7:45 pm

INFINITE Fighting to the top Guys cause u r the best :D all the songs r just great and the mv is really perfect and I'm not hating Kang Seung Yoon or something like that Good Luck for him but I'm an Inspirit Forever

jiyongsandy
· Posted July 17, 2013 @ 1:45 am

as a fan of both parties. It was hard for me to choose which song is better.^_^ so for both of them GOODLUCK & Fighting! :) I sarang you guys!

xxiroo
· Posted July 17, 2013 @ 12:37 am

Yay! Kang Seung Yoon, so happy for you.

MusicAllDay
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 7:25 pm

Congratz Infinite and Kang Seung Yoon for charting

aardbei
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 4:06 pm

I'm so excited with all these releases!!! Only BEAST is missing and then I'll be the happiest fangirl on earth kekeke

baileyismyboy
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 3:16 pm

I like infinite's album a lot!! They didn't disappoint me at all. Every songs on the album was awesome :)) I hope they will be able to top number1 on the chart!! I don't have any grudge against other guy but his song didn't appeal to me much. Fighting guys!!

luna811
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 2:57 pm

i get inspirits missing infinite ...welcome back boys ...but "Kang Seung Yoon is posing quite a challenge as he takes over the #1 spot at times, pushing INFINITE to #2" is something to stand and look at ...that is a tough competition ..and for a competition to even exist between them is amazing ...good job kang seung yoon ...hwaiting infinite

sunnysidealwayup
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 2:33 pm

INFINITE's 'Destiny' and all the other songs in that album are really good and I especially love the ballad.  KSY's 'It Rains' is also a nice song, his voice has a nice vibes;  however lets wait and see, hopefully KSY will stay as successful after this debut after a year or two and not just fade into thin air like a lot of other rookies despite of the big companies' backing.  It is really silly to compare both of them.  3 yrs after debut, and working hard with a little bit of luck, INFINITE  is in a place  where it is now.

kimdongsaeng
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 2:18 pm

INFINITE #INFINITEmyDESTINY !!!:DDDD

iam2ne1yearsold
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 1:40 pm

I like both of them :) they're so talented.. <3

inspiritkpop
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 12:50 pm

GO GO INFINITE!!!

gogoinfinite
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 12:19 pm

Forever an inspirit. First or second place, I'm still proud of Infinite. They will forever be #1 to me.

sakurakou
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 12:12 pm

will I think a lot of computation is coming in the way BAP still haven't release their song I am really excited to see who gonna win in the end cuz all of them is amazing

babyblackjack
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 12:01 pm

I loved both songs :D

lovehaterslol
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 11:43 am

YG IS MANIPULATING THE CHARTS.

lovehaterslol
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 11:42 am

INFINITE ARE NOT ALL THAT POPULAR.SO SAD.

lucc
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 12:12 pm
I hate U've come. :( Go away !!
lovehaterslol
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 3:50 pm
@lucc LOL

slavick92
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 11:20 am

Please dont have hate just because your bias group has some competition now. many people bashed 2ne1 because they lost the number 1 spot to BEG. its competition and you cant do anything about it. kang seung yoon has a strong backing ever since his competition show days and achieved an all kill back then as well.

haiosh
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 11:20 am

Omg so glad for them they deserve it specailly KSY !! His song is so amazing Fighting <3

corn4life
· Posted July 16, 2013 @ 11:12 am

Happy for both of them. Love their new songs