News
Posted by olmal AKP STAFF 12 days ago

BTS recreates their first win at 'Melon Music Awards' in 2016 after sweeping all 4 Daesangs this year

AKP STAFF

BTS recreated their first win at 'Melon Music Awards 2016' after sweeping all 4 Daesangs (grand prizes) this year.

Shortly after the group won a record-setting 4 Daesangs at 'MMA 2019', they tweeted "Teamwork makes the dream work." with a selfie above. This is the first time that a single K-pop group has swept all of the Daesangs at a year-end awards show. In total, the group has won 8 awards: Best Record of the Year, Best Album of the Year with “Map of the Soul: Persona,” Best Song of the Year with “Boy With Luv,” Best Artist of the Year, Top 10 Artists that year, Best Dance (Male), Kakao Hot Star Award, and the Netizen’s Popularity Award.

This tweet and selfie had the exact same feels and message when the group has won its very first Daesang at 'MMA' back in 2016. Some comments from the fans include: "So proud of them. They’ve come a long way!" "I'm happy to grow with them. BTS I purple you" "2013, 2016 and 2019. Only progressing."

Check out the tweets below and congratulations to BTS!

1. BTS
29 32,809 Share 67% Upvoted

Kirsty_Louise10,113 pts 12 days ago 0
12 days ago

I remember their first daesang win which seemed so surreal, they were the underdogs when they won and it took us all by surprise. As much as all ARMY's hoped for it, we were still so stunned when they actually won it. Today they won all four, I'm so proud of them! 😭💜

taeswife0613662 pts 12 days ago 1
12 days ago

I have tears in my eyes, this is so inspiring to see how far they came from giving out free tickets and basically sitting on the floor at awards shows to now having top seats at awards shows and winning them all. Teamwork does make dream work, if they didn't stick together in those had times, I don't think BTS would've made it this far.

1 more reply