Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by yckim124 AKP STAFF 17 days ago

TXT's Hueningkai explains his ethnicity

HUENINGKAI

Finally, we're given an answer to Hueningkai's ethnicity.

When Big Hit Entertainment started rolling out debut teasers, many fans became excited and also very curious about their first-ever foreign idol. But since there was no clear explanation on Hueningkai's ethnicity, various rumors circulated. Some said he's half German, some said Brazilian, some Hawaiian, and on and on.

Well, the idol himself has finally spoken about his ethnicity for the first time. At TXT's debut showcase on March 5, Hueningkai explained, "My dad is American and my mom is Korean."

Hueningkai also shared how he got to make his K-pop debut under Big Hit Entertainment. He said, "My dad promoted as a singer in China so I naturally approached music. My family did get concerned since I came to Korea for the first time after living abroad but I believed Big Hit suits me well musically, so I auditioned and came to work here. I got more comfortable as Korean culture and language became familiar, and I'm thankful to my members who took good care of me."

1. Hueningkai
32 113,707 Share 78% Upvoted

looveLess 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

If I see just one person mocking him because he insinuated american was an "ethnicity" just because he (maybe) didn't know how to explain his dad is white, let me remind you that you sound just like the kind of person who loves to say stuff like:

"I'm like 3/16 german because of my great great great great great grandmother and like 1/8 scottish because when I was a child I had a scottish terrier"

thekimcrystal 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

When Koreans say American, they usually just mean white people. My parents and literally every Korean at my church (I go to a Korean-American church) does this. It always annoys me.

PS. I’m Korean-American