Create your K-Pop Dream Team!

Create your K-Pop Dream Team and see how they rank in the allkpop Fantasy League!

Create!

Ailee to make her Japanese debut in September

August 3, 2013 @ 2:30 am
by starsung
  • 0
  • 0
  • 50
  • 9797
  • 133
Ailee will be taking her powerful vocals over to Japan where she'll team up with Warner Music Japan to make her debut this September!

SEE ALSO: RELIVE IT: allkpop Live Ailee

The news was revealed by her agency, YMC Entertainment, which announced, "Ailee will make her debut in Japan this September... Ailee will continue to promote 'U&I' in Korea until the end of this month and there is no follow-up song. Ailee will promote with 'Heaven' as her Japanese debut song."

It's said that the singer has been practicing her Japanese skills since her trainee days, preparing in advance for her upcoming venture. Once she's debuted in Japan, she also hopes to spread activities out to other parts of Asia as well.

As you know, Ailee has been picking up multiple wins on domestic music shows lately, so anticipation is rising as fans wait to see whether her streak of success will continue over in Japan!

Tip: Annie

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 50 comments

Sort by:

Omfg! So excited for her!~ Good luck Ailee! <3

BCSN24
· Posted August 3, 2013 @ 7:19 pm

Good luck :)

kpopcrunchindo
· Posted August 3, 2013 @ 6:57 pm

japanese debut? geeez! i hope the company not to make this stupid step! she should going to worldwide debut

JessicaJungFan2011
· Posted August 3, 2013 @ 3:53 pm

I am so happy for Ailee making her Japanese debut next month.  I simply know that every single person in Japan will definitely love having her around and Ailee herself will have major success there.  So I happily and positively wish Ailee the very best of luck on her Japanese debut and I will cheer her on

AILEE FIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kpopbeat1
· Posted August 3, 2013 @ 2:12 pm

I can't for the diva Ailee to debut in Japan too!

c0nc3rt0r_4skp0p_

awkwardasianangie8
· Posted August 3, 2013 @ 11:14 am

I was kind of hoping for a us debut before a japanese debut but whatever -____-

whatever101
· Posted August 3, 2013 @ 11:01 am

*rolls eyes* HERE WE GO

i figured that with the dwindling sales for Korean artists Ailee's label would figure sending her an artist with less then 2 years of releases to Japan would be financial suicide but NO, personally i'd like to see her continue to grow as an artist in Korea before moving on there.

NowNoon
· Posted August 3, 2013 @ 10:39 am

Japan debut? *facepalm* They need to be pushing some US single, too easy to get into Japan market and bank off that Korean success. They should not be afraid to put in some work in the US. She speaks English very well and also can sing very well in English

kimi_kimi
· Posted August 3, 2013 @ 10:36 am

Congrats Ailee. I really like her, but I kinda miss the time when Koreans could debut in Japan because they could the language and worked hard for it like BoA, DBSK etc. I feel that many kpop artists nowadays just debuts in Japan too fast and sings words that they can't even understand. I think Ailee should've debuted in Japan later, too early for her even though we all know she's a powerful singer.

dominicho12
· Posted August 3, 2013 @ 10:24 am

oh my goodness, she is like one of the fastest artist to go from Korea to Japan debut (one year). I wish her the best of luck and I can not wait for the Japanese version of "heaven". Wish her the best and praying for her to reach the top 10 in Japan. Ailee noona fighting

kpopwhatever
· Posted August 3, 2013 @ 10:20 am

ugly outfit lol

chiarisongbird
· Posted August 3, 2013 @ 10:05 am

Ahhhhhh I am so excited about this!!!!!  This is purely selfish on my part but I started with jpop and so sing Japanese very well and Korean is proving to be very tough for me to learn how to sing along with *I'm getting better but its so hard to belt when you don't get the words right LOL*  Now I get to jam to Ailee in 2 languages <3  I'll follow her vocal chords anywhere ^-^

hyorin434
· Posted August 3, 2013 @ 9:02 am

i really love her but it's too early i think she should concentrate on her career in korea :)

mitsuhoney
· Posted August 3, 2013 @ 9:56 am
I agree. While all three of her title tracks (Heaven, I'll Show You, U&I) have done well she still needs more time in SK before moving onto Japan already. Its bad enough that she takes a long time to comeback, this will even make her comebacks take longer. :( Regardless, I hope she does well.

mweew
· Posted August 3, 2013 @ 6:35 am

Ooh, i hope she will succeed in Japan. And hopefully that by doing this it would be good for her! c: