Produce 101's latest season has done little to endear itself to viewers as the record low ratings reflect. Produce 101 season 4 saw its highest viewer ratings during week 2 with 2.3% and have declined to a flat 2.0% in week 7. At just over halfway through the season, the once popular series has logged its lowest viewer ratings in Produce 101 history. Readers from theqoo citing poor editing skills from the production team and a general disinterest with the contestants mark a stark contrast from the high level of interest displayed in season 2 which boasted stars like Daniel Kang.
More specifically, netizens have grown annoyed with contestant Lee Jinwoo's behavior including no shortage of crying, a lack of confidence uncharacteristic of an idol and generally child-like behavior which would not register as unusual for the average 14 year old but as Produce 101 carries with it high expectations, theqoo readers apparently expect more professionalism from the young trainee.
Lastly Turtle Team member Lee Jinhyuk shows difficulty in earning the respect of his team despite shouldering the bulk of the workload while viewers saw his team as treating him with profound disrespect. Netizens cited an event when Jinhyuk attempted to teach his team choreography but several members failed to pay attention choosing to fool around and waste time. Several Nate readers feel Jinhyuk has not been treated with the respect he deserves for the work he has done but others express he should exhibit greater leadership qualities as opposed to giving into frustration.
Posted on June 14, 2019[theqoo] PRODUCE X 101'S VIEWERS RATING SINCE EP.1
Left to right: S1 -> S4
Top to bottom: Ep 1 -> Ep 12
original post: here
1. This season is just so bad...
2. I don't know who's editing this show but I wished that this person learns more about editing. The #1 reason why this is failing is because of the editing
3. Stop pushing those untalented kidsㅋㅋ that's why nobody wants to watch itㅎㅎ they are giving so much screen time to those bad kids, that's why it's hella boring
4. They have no skills, their stages are boring, I'm not looking forward to them and they have no charm... I get that they are still trainees but they intend to debut through a program with those skills...?
5. They should've caught people's interest already so this proves that it failed. The kids are getting cut down and all have already secured their character so that's what you get
6. But I thought that the original Produce episodes were doing better than this too...
7. This is seriously severe. I find commoners' random play dance more entertaining and random street buskers better singers than them. The standards are just too low this time
8. Hul, it's so low
9. They seriously failed this season
10. The editing sucks and they only push those kids with low mental age so I got pissed and stopped watching
[theqoo] SUMMARY OF PRODUCE X' LEE JINWOO IN EP.7
Crying because he couldn't hit the notes in To My Youthㅠㅠ
Crying because "the national producers will be mad if he can't hit the notes"ㅠㅠ
Kim Wooseok who was next to him was crying his eyes out and he was acting with his baby vibes going "I'm not gonna cry, otherwise my mom and dad will think that someone is bullying me"
And they showed him and his "dad", the end
original post: here
1. When he says "dad", I thought they were gonna show his real dad
2. I wonder what Joonyoung is thinking
3. F*cking hate him. Seriously, does he know that he's in this show to become an idol and not to film Return of Superman?
4. They all gathered together and there was a mic but he was too shy so he said that he couldn't sing right? I was so shocked by that sceneㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. I don't know if this is his concept or what but it will eat him up. I get that he's a kid but he needs to cut it down
6. He seriously pisses me off f*ck
7. Can the people who are voting for him wake up?
8. He seriously annoys me, it feels like he's just joking by himselfㅋㅋ
9. Can I cancel my vote?
10. I'm f*cking annoyed
[enter-talk] WHAT PISSED YOU OFF THE MOST ABOUT TURTLE SHIP?
For me, it was when they were dividing the parts. Lee Jinhyuk was asking for people's input and the members were just so insincere and asked Lee Jinhyuk to do everything.
He told that he would teach them the dance and all of them were just fooling around
Lastly, that guy who was the leader that I don't even know the name of, was saying how he was expecting to be #1
Here is Lee Dongwook comforting Jinhyukie
post response:[+263][-2]original post: here
ㅇㅇ |2019.06.15 01:47 신고하기All the scenes for me made me mad ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It f*cking sucked when Lee Jinhyuk was apologizing but he should be the one receiving the apology추천160반대1
ㅇㅇ |2019.06.15 02:02 신고하기More than being mad... I found him pitiful추천154반대0
ㅇㅇ |2019.06.15 01:46 신고하기Lee Jinhyuk still had that face even with Lee Dongwook sitting next to him doing skinshipㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ추천147반대1
ㅇㅇ |2019.06.15 02:04 신고하기I get why Lee Dongwook said that he wanted to take care of him..추천78반대0
ㅇㅇ |2019.06.15 01:46 신고하기For real.. That pink hair leader said that he was expecting to get #1 and was making a fuss;