Variety

'Produce 101's Kim Dong Bin also accused of cheating

By jennywill   22 days ago   137,542   6,374   136
misc

'Produce 101's Kim Dong Bin is accused of foul play.

During season 1, girls got to mostly choose which concept they wanted to go with. However, in season 2, viewers are being asked to create their own teams for the concept round. The boys themselves cannot influence the voting (except by casting their own one vote).

Recently, Kang Daniel had been accused of (and apologized for) hinting to his fans about which song he wanted. However, now Kiwi Media Group's Kim Dong Bin (rank 33) have been accused of similar actions.

Kim Dong Bin's fan union tweeted: "Hello!! It's Kim Dong Bin's fan union Shining Star. Concept song votes are starting today, and we heard that he wants to do 'Please Open' or 'Never'. If you are his fan, please vote for one of the two songs!!"

However, just like with Kang Daniel, the tweet grew problematic. Joongang Ilbo contacted the fan union and was told, "I wrote about the song voting because Dong Bin's father asked me to. I always make the announcements and I saw the leader didn't write it, so I did. Dong Bin's father asked me to delete it not long after, so I deleted it. I also wondered if it was okay to post it. But he asked me to make the announcement. Sigh... His father told me that Dong Bin liked those two songs and suggested we vote for them, and asked me to spread it to many people."

What do you think about these 'Produce 101' controversies?

1. misc.
    2. produce 101
    3. kim dong bin

Sam091094 15 days ago

From what I understood, the fans are the producers. It would be a lot better if they involve the fans a lot more. Not just voting on who they want to stay.

minzeliron 21 days ago

Oh for the love of-! Cancel it, just cancel it!

federick 21 days ago

Disaster 101

Hellotreasure 21 days ago

Oh the drama 🙃

Jessica20 21 days ago

I can't understand why mnet  is being such assholes to these boys.

elfantasyhand 21 days ago

Oh my goodness, that's me on that picture.

Leila_ssss 21 days ago

It technically isn't cheating. From what it sounds like his father only told the person to post it because he thought his son liked those two songs. Plus it seems like ever since he found out it was cheating, he asked the fan to take it down right away so his son wouldn't be blamed. Sounds like a good dad to me.

crystalCassie91 21 days ago

How is this even cheating?? His father basically knows what his son likes, and asked the fans to vote... Is there such a rule that this isn't allowed?? How can the show control the public?! This makes no sense! Plus the trainee has nothing to do with it... The show is absolutely ridiculous!

purplematoki 21 days ago

I dont understand wtf mnet wants like they want the views but theyre like oh but no cheating so what are they supposed to do?!?!

Sacredproz 21 days ago

IMO it was a bad decision by MNET to let voters decide which songs they perform, they should have just did it like season 1. How are you gonna prevent these kids from voicing their opinions completely? And it wasnt even their fault directly one was suggested by a follower while another's father was the one who suggested it. Are they gonna completely cut off their connection from the world?

ramericano Sacredproz 21 days ago

yess!! mnet should understand the point of social media..

totes