A report from Dispatch, one of Korea's most reliable sources of investigative journalism has revealed A-list actors, idols, and even a famous chef have been successfully blackmailed by malicious hackers who accessed their private data through vulnerabilities of Samsung's flagship mobile device, the Galaxy.
Once hackers are able to gain access to a celebrity's phone, they have access to their text messages, photos and videos. After securing the celebrity's private data, they demand money. If the celebrity does not pay, all the data goes public.
As all kpop fans know, Korea does not forget about scandals easily. When a celebrity finds themselves in such a predicament, the options are few. As a public figure, you either pay up or risk your career.
Dispatch has been covering the phenomenon of celebrity hackers for 2 months and what they have discovered is all the celebrities who were blackmailed used the same brand of phone: Samsung.
Source: Dispatch via Nate
1. [+1,003, -38] Wow... I think Galaxy's sales are going to drop with this scandal. I'd be too scared to use it anymore.
2. [+753, -45] I noticed that a lot of celebrities, especially idols,
use iPhones so I'm glad they aren't exposed with the Galaxy phones
3. [+689, -7] The system of the cloud itself is that once you infiltrate
its security, all of its users are left exposed, which is what makes it
dangerous. Please make sure you save your photos and videos on your
personal computers. Leave the cloud for saving stuff like music, dramas,
4. [+91, -9] This is more of an issue with the cloud system than just
the Galaxy phones. America had an issue with people having their photos
exposed with an iPhone hack as well.
5. [+78, -1] I don't think his phone was hacked but moreso his Google
account. It saves all your phone numbers, pictures, and account
information so it puts you in a pickle if you get it hacked. Google's
safety features are so weak.
6. [+54, -14] So many fools saying iPhones are better when America had a
famous scandal where celebrities got their clouds hacked and had all
their pictures exposed ㅋㅋㅋㅋ this is a cloud issue
7. [+29, -2] Maybe Dispatch was quiet earlier in the year because they were digging into this
8. [+24, -1] This is not a Galaxy issue. Issues arise once you start
sharing things to the cloud. Just leave your pictures on your phone and
move them yourself to your computer.
9. [+21, -8] The reason a lot of idols use iPhones is because of these hacking issues
10. [+20, -1] There was already that huge scandal of Hollywood stars getting their iClouds hacked ㅋㅋㅋ Galaxy is pretty late