Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by kiim AKP STAFF Monday, December 17, 2018

Lee Hongki under fire for his comment on Seolhyun’s apology

There has been controversy regarding Lee Hongki’s comment on AOA Seolhyun’s apology.

On December 15th, Seolhyun fainted causing worries to many fans. On December 16th Seolhyun explained, “I was fine before I went on stage, but since my condition wasn’t good, I think there was trouble during the performance. Although I wasn’t cold, I’ll make sure to dress warmly in the future. Thank you for your concerns. To my members and fans who came to watch the performance, I apologize for causing worries. I will show a healthy appearance and good performances from now on.

To this post Lee Hongki commented, “Being healthy is the best. Gain weight like me.

The netizens are split between, “He’s saying this to comfort her” and “It sounds like he’s blaming Seolhyun”.

Absurd or what?

1. Seolhyun
  2. Hongki
34 76,551 Share 19% Upvoted

NgohiongPuso Monday, December 17, 2018 0
Monday, December 17, 2018

Why would he be under fire for that? lols Double Standards!

xo_awfa Monday, December 17, 2018 0
Monday, December 17, 2018

Tryna figure out the “under fire” part

candye1127 Monday, December 17, 2018 0
Monday, December 17, 2018

More and more people with a hypersensitive button on them these days

WonderSara Monday, December 17, 2018 0
Monday, December 17, 2018

He wasn't wrong after all! How can idols work and perform when they lack of energy?

ko0kie76 Monday, December 17, 2018 0
Monday, December 17, 2018

Why the criticism? I think he was only telling her to eat healthily and tbh, Seolhyun is just too skinny.

Blueblankety Monday, December 17, 2018 2
Monday, December 17, 2018

It’s true a lot of idols are so unhealthy! Then go on interviews talking about their unhealthy diet of boiled eggs and yam.. or just chickpeas.. like keep in mind these idols are practicing, dancing, going to shows almost everyday. A lot of them are so underweight and people would be like “that’s just genes”.. yes part of it are genes but hell no 100% of idols are just naturally skinny.

How can you be 5’6 and be close to 100lbs, it’s not sustainable, but somehow that’s normal? Idols need to eat, it’s not normal for idols to be on IV drops, taking vitamins as opposed to eating, etc.

The culture is disgusting in Asia when it comes to thinness but I’m a hypocrite bec I’m influenced by it.. I hope healthy weight lessens it stigmatized status.

krell 29 days ago 1
29 days ago

Actually, some people are naturally slender ; SUNMI (Wonder Girls) is an example. Recently, they had a photo of SUNMI and her two brothers together ; ALL of them are SLENDER body style ... But I agree with you on the DIET discussions. I often wonder IF there is any truth to it that they actually used that 'crash' diet as described.

Blueblankety 29 days ago 0
29 days ago

But I never said all of them arent naturally slender I said there’s no way that all of them are naturally thin.. meaning there are idols who are skinny.

SadChemE Monday, December 17, 2018 0
Monday, December 17, 2018

I'm still trying to find the controversy in his comment....telling someone to eat healthy....oh no how could he. I'm sure she took in as a caring comment also. The new akp is wack not everyone should attempt to be a reporter. We have enough crap thrown in our faces everyday stop adding to it people

arieam Monday, December 17, 2018 0
Monday, December 17, 2018

are we just supposed to just believe knetz are outraged by hongki's words when there's no examples of their ovewhelming outrage in the article?

teleri Monday, December 17, 2018 1
Monday, December 17, 2018

Nothing wrong with Hongki's comments!!!!! Good GRIEF! I'm a lot more upset because Seolhyun felt she had to apologize cause she was SICK!!!!

krell 29 days ago 0
29 days ago

Quoting this AKP Article -->Seolhyun felt dizzy because of the smoke and gunpowder that was used on stage. She was taken to the hospital right away <--

In other words, it MAY be NOT even about eating FOOD or not. But rather BREATHING BAD AIR ... ;)

Which, maybe NOW, they are claiming 'NOT BAD AIR' in order to make the STAGE folks seem NOT at fault? ... :)

Anyway, make of it all what you will ... ;)

Indri_hapsari Monday, December 17, 2018 0
Monday, December 17, 2018

i think the comments r just fine...

shyloone Monday, December 17, 2018 0
Monday, December 17, 2018

well he was just telling the truth, aint nothing wrong with that comment,

MunchieMinx Monday, December 17, 2018 0
Monday, December 17, 2018

Can anyone laugh at things anymore? Jeez the comment sounds like a friend, gently teasing another friend to be more aware of their health. Besides telling others to eat OR asking them if they have eaten is a common sign of endearment in Korea. Relax the torches, my goodness!

crookedshanks Monday, December 17, 2018 0
Monday, December 17, 2018

He's just being funny... He jokes about his weight gain a lot

Oh_Ha_Ni_Chan 13 days ago 0
13 days ago

Lol no one's getting rude to him. Stop trying to create drama.

Chenphe 28 days ago 0
28 days ago

Nowadays you can't even say to stay healthy...

hiroonakamura 29 days ago 0
29 days ago

it's not like he is wrong. he is just stating facts. The more fat you have, the warmer you'll be.

Fatimaaxo 30 days ago 0
30 days ago

Under fire for absolutely nothing, sounds right.

jeyjin Tuesday, December 18, 2018 0
Tuesday, December 18, 2018

I don't get it.

changminbaby Monday, December 17, 2018 0
Monday, December 17, 2018

what??? im the only one not feeling offended?? he was telling her to eat healthy....

kpoplovermay Monday, December 17, 2018 0
Monday, December 17, 2018

this is so ridiculous *smh* i swear poor hongki has some real anti fans :/ theyve been out to get him for the longest time :/ i wish theyd leave him alone

pink_oracle Monday, December 17, 2018 0
Monday, December 17, 2018

He's saying he's been feeling happier and healthier since he gained weight and recommending it. If he blames anyone is the Korean standard of emaciated.

primazaza Monday, December 17, 2018 0
Monday, December 17, 2018

The only thing that can divert Knetz from their hate toward FTISLAND is FNC. Since Hongki is somehow shading FNC here then he doesn't get that much hate. And it's sad because Hongki / FTISLAND have never done anything worth the hate they got.

DG225 Monday, December 17, 2018 0
Monday, December 17, 2018

Well, he is right. There's nothing more to it. Once again I can't phantom the reason why is it even written here, but I guess this site really loves unnecessary drama.

primazaza Monday, December 17, 2018 0
Monday, December 17, 2018

Hongki is Seolhyun sunbae from same label and they are actual friends so of course he's concerned about her health. When he was still Hongkira DJ he was always encouraging hoobaes to eat well, that they needed it to perform.

yaya202 Monday, December 17, 2018 0
Monday, December 17, 2018

LOL he didn't say something bad ....

NekoMinSeo Monday, December 17, 2018 0
Monday, December 17, 2018

What the hell is he under fire for? lol telling her to eat healthily? Oh I see, k-netizens would rather see their idols faint and feel sick and potentially die instead of eating healthily and gaining some weight. My God, and then we wonder why idols got so many problems with their image. =.= (yes, i'm sorry, I'm particularly sensitive when it comes to these topics)

Indri_hapsari Monday, December 17, 2018 0
Monday, December 17, 2018

i think the comments r just fine...

Biggiecheese_18 Monday, December 17, 2018 0

bruh

Vindieselq (Banned) Monday, December 17, 2018 0

Comment has been deleted

RyenLux Monday, December 17, 2018 1
Monday, December 17, 2018

It sounded like a joke between two friends, while offering comfort at the same time. If the knetz have a problem with this (something they seem to find in a lot of things), they are welcome to start ANOTHER petition. These people really have too much free time on their hands. *smh

kizaru_hijin Monday, December 17, 2018 0
Monday, December 17, 2018

still pathetic, when you racist try so hard with this account to seem nice, while being one of the biggest haters this site knows...just like with your new hater stopudelulu account, showing your true hateful personality, and your older ones like bigblueagain, bangeryun94, wang_sejung and holdthisLnoobs, who hates south korea and kpop because it got bigger and bigger...

Lisa