Recently, Korean netizens have been in discussion about why TVXQ's outfits always turn peculiar when promoting in Japan.
One netizen posted on an online community various photos with the title "This one group's styling become weird when they go to Japan." The netizen collected various photos of TVXQ's outfits comparing them to when they are promoting in Korea and in Japan.
While promoting in Korea, Yunho and Changmin are seen wearing a fairly clean-cut suit with accented colors or design print. They continue with the same style in different performances as they are dressed with a pair of slacks and a suit jacket.
Yet, TVXQ's outfits change vastly when they are promoting in Japan. While their outfits are sleeker in design, their outfits in Japan become more flashy.
TVXQ's outfits when promoting in Japan don't seem to follow a certain theme except for the flamboyant and gaudy design. After seeing the compilation of the different outfits, Korean netizens began wondering why the group dresses so differently in two countries while some gave their two cents as to why.
- "Only TVXQ can look like that in those outfits because of their nice body lol. It would have looked gross if someone not as fit were to wear them. lol."
- "I think TVXQ dress more fitting for the Japanese 'Johnny's' look. lol."
- "Omg, the costumes are hideous."
- "The outfits they wear in Korea aren't that pretty either but compared to Japan it's so much better."
- "Wow, there is not even one outfit from their Japanese promotion that's good."
- "I have nothing to say...lol..."
- "At least they're good looking enough to pull it off. Without their good looking faces, their outfits would have been total garbage."
- "I guess those outfits are Japanese style. lol."