The police are facing heavy criticism regarding their poor investigations into 'Burning Sun'.
Police Commissioner Min Gap-Ryong held a press conference at the National Police Agency in Seoul Monday and addressed the criticism surrounding police investigations into Burning Sun.
Regarding YG Entertainment's alleged denial of prostitution services and drug allegations, the police commissioner said, "We will investigate the case thoroughly. I put my honor on the line."
When asked about the possibility of a raid on YG Entertainment, Min said, "In order to conduct such a raid, there needs to be a criminal connection so we'll have to find a criminal connection first. If the need arises, we will conduct a raid."
But many are criticizing Min for saying he will "put his honor on the line" with regards to the investigation into YG and Yang Hyun Suk because he had promised the same previously with regards to the 'Burning Sun'case which turned out with very different results.
In fact, because of the poor investigations, it appears the police are receiving heavy criticism from government officials as well. At the National Assembly Security Committee general meeting held on the 27th, Rep Kwon Mi-hyuk of the main opposition Minjoo Party in Korea criticized police saying, "the key point of Burning Sun scandal is police collusion but the police sent officers who were "police chiefs" to conduct investigations into themselves and failed to reveal further collusion. Do you remember the police chief saying he would "stake his honor on the Burning Sun investigation?" Well people are now criticizing that he ensured Seungri's victory."
Kim Min-ki of the same party also shared his criticism saying, "The biggest reason that caused the credibility of police to come into question is the Burning Sun case as well as the recent cases involving Yoo Yoo-jeong. Even if the police do their best, it has come to a place where the public has lost trust in the police."
Regarding the heavy criticism on the police's poor performance on the high-profile case, Police Commissioner Min said, "We will form a fact-finding team at the National Police Agency to investigate the negligence in the case. We will use obtain educational materials from teachers and look at the whole investigation one by one. We will carry out further investigations and take corresponding measures where necessary."
- 1. [+1,410, -4] Who's going to investigate and who's going to punish who?? Even a passing dog would laugh ㅋㅋㅋ. We need a special independent counsel who will put Yoon, Sung-Kyung and Seungri behind bars. We need to catch the top line!!
- 2. [+206, -5] Well, I guess honor in Jeolla is a whole lot different from that of the general public ㅋㅋ
- 3. [+201, -3] Is there a decent police officer??
- 4. [+39, -0] I will honor the YG top line and not the YG investigation ㅋㅋ
- 5. [+26, -0] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Source: Kookmin Ilbo