Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by KayRosa AKP STAFF 25 days ago

BTS' Jimin releases his first self-produced acoustic track 'Promise'

BTS' Jimin has released his first self-produced track.

At midnight (KST), moving into December 31st, Jimin shared a brand new song called "Promise" on BTS' Soundcloud. As a song which speaks for himself and to the fans, the lyrics state: "I want you to be your light baby / You should be your light / So that you are no longer in pain, so you could smile / I want you to be your night baby / You should be your night / So that this night could be more honest to you". The soft sound of the acoustic guitar accompanies Jimin's vocals, rendering a cozy atmosphere to the song.

On BTS' official Twitter, Jimin posted a message regarding this long-awaited song reveal. He wrote: "Everyone, you've been waiting long for a long time, yes? I have finally dropped my self-produced track. This is a song for myself but this is also a song for you guys. This is my first time, so it's a bit raw, but please listen to it. Thank you ARMYs for having waited patiently."

What do you think of Jimin's song?

1. (Bangtan Boys) BTS
  2. Jimin
113 41,671 Share 73% Upvoted

nomanymore 25 days ago 26
25 days ago

It's so beautiful and soothing, the lyrics made me teary in the end, "even though you might feel all alone many times a day, promise me you'll never throw yourself away". Thank you Jimin for sharing this with Army, it means alot for us 💛💛💛

Joshua_Menon 24 days ago 24
24 days ago

Yes, Jimin self-produced this acoustic track 'Promise' based on his requirement but it doesn't mean he wrote it or composed it. I still remember he claimed he wrote & composed 'Serendipity' at the early stage. To everyone's surprise, BTS Leader Namjoon claimed it's not true. He wrote the song & composed by Bighit group of musicians. In fact, when I checked with Korea Music Association they said the lyrics of 'Serendipity' wasn't registered on Jimin's name as the copyright owner.

Jimin is actually a mere dancer & hs no any ability to write or compose a song. He doesn't even hw to play a music instrument & what more knowledge of music.

The reason he has bn embedded with 'Promise' all of a sudden is simply bcoz his popularity has gone down to gutter. And, he's highly suspected of being a gay as claimed by some social media & netizens. He practically can't sing professionally as always ended up with Cracking Voice Syndrome(CVS). Besides, his singing nvr be the same as the CD recording. Even BH also use auto tune system for Jimin. Just check the difference when he sing live without either MR or AR. Just watch hw he ruined 'Fake Love' during MGA Award show. Besides, he also ruined both 'Fake Love' & 'Airplane2' during rendering in The Ellen Show in US. Also listen 'The Truth Untold' when live rendition & on CD.

love_isplus21 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

Bruh stop with this bullshit. Jimin never claimed that. People claimed Jin wrote all of epiphany but that was literally carried about some dumbass armys. And just because he doesn’t frequently participate in the production of music or lyrics does not mean he is TRYING to. I’m pretty sure for the past 5 years he’s been pressured by his hyungs to try something. Don’t act like he can’t TRY. And stop tryna downplay his involvement in this track. It’s literally a fucking guitar strum. I’m pretty sure he put 50% or more effort into that song. Ffs. Also, what the hell is wring with this dumbass website? Everyone believing anything that puts bts in a negative light. Y’all really gotta get over them.

ratmonster 24 days ago 3
24 days ago

I actually agree with everything you wrote. Jimin is a great dancer (not as good as j-hope but still great) but that’s pretty much it LOL

3 more replies

Sera_L 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

Would you like to give us a proof as to when he stated he wrote Serendipity? Because I've never heard about it. Thanks.

Btw, Jimin is credited in 2 songs, Boyz with Fun and Lie.

Lie is a very personal song for him since it's telling the story of his struggles with his insecurity.

As for Promise, this is Slow Rabbit's Instagram post ( https://www.instagram.com/p/BsBGnTWBZhZ/?hl=id ). It's in Korean, but according to translators, it basicallys says that Jimin has been writing it since April and has been doing revisions after revisions for months.

He told RM in Bon Voyage 3 to help him too ( https://twitter.com/Randomsplashes/status/10794816... ).

A little suggestions though, I don't think it's a good idea to have so much dislikes and hatred for someone you don't personally know :) But that's on you. Have a nice day.

19 more replies

-14

keyleejeans20 (Banned) 25 days ago 0

Comment has been deleted

darkangel452 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

Jimin's voice is so angelic!

naomi_jung 25 days ago 1
25 days ago

His voice is not my preference in style and delivery in this song. I only liked the last few minutes- towards the ending part. The way he sang Serendipity is better, in my opinion. But the lyrics are simple, yet meaningful and easy to understand Unlike RMs complicated metaphors. Jimin should gain more confidence and even though not everyone will love his work, I'm sure he will improve his skills in writing songs. He is known to work really hard in everything.

Sera_L 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

Oh, I'm a bit surprised hearing this 'cause for me, personally, I prefer this kind of delivery than Serendipity. I've been playing this on repeat 'cause I like it so much! But to each his own. It's just interesting for me to read many different opinions about it :)

GD_Amber 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

It's actually a good song l, he did well.

Sassysly555 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

looks like jimin finally found his jams

ikarastobtsjyj55 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

This song is so beautiful. Thank you Jimin !

ListeningtoBTS 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

Thank you, Jimin, for this precious gift, it made 2019 so much brighter. Saranghae!

NekoMinSeo 25 days ago 3
25 days ago

Naww, I'm in tears...This song became important to me and I'm glad he released it before the coming of the new year. It just really tied with the reason why I like BTS and Jimin in particular: he didn't just preach and tell us to get better or how to get better, but he put himself on the same level as us. He's flawed and he gets hurt the same way as us, thus we should all work towards getting better together. :') I must be honest, BTS helped me get out from a dark place so *intertwines pinkie* I promise that I won't give up on myself again and I hope the rest of us and Jimin himself won't either. Fighting!

Joshua_Menon 24 days ago 2

NekoMinSeo 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

I'm sorry but what? You really don't like Jimin, do you? xD The only reason I'm going reply to this is to clear up misunderstandings.

1. Jimin never claimed he had no help on Promise or that he was the only one involved in its production. (Also, AKP translated that as "self-produced", but most people translated that as just "my song" lol Take that as you will.) If you check the soundcloud file he shared on Twitter, the credits are written big and clear (aka Produced by Slow Rabbit, Lyrics by Jimin and RM, Composed by Slow Rabbit and Jimin and Arragement by Slow Rabbit). Besides he was talking about having trouble with how he wanted this song to turn out from Bon Voyage so he clearly had fundamental involvement in it and it's something he took as a personal project even if he was helped doing it.

2. Jimin never claimed Serendipity besides stating that he had an idea surrounding the meaning of the lyrics and what he wanted them to express, but he never said he wrote or composed anything. That doesn't change Serendipity is his song as in it's his solo. Same thing with Lie, difference being he was more involved in the writing of Lie than Serendipity as to appear on the list of writers. So I guess that's why you're not even mentioning it.

3. Yes, there I can agree with you, Jimin can't play any instrument and he probably only has basic knowledge of mixing (pretty much required in the industry nowadays), but that doesn't mean he doesn't know how he wants a song to sound or that he can't put two notes together (as a singer you're supposed to know music theory, you can't just yolo your way through it) or that he can't write his own lyrics.

4. *bursts out laughing* What? Jimin's popularity has gone down the gutter? What sources do you use, my friend, because whatever it is, it clearly left out Jimin often going viral or trending worldwide, that he had his own solo magazine cover recently and that he keeps topping the brand values. His popularity wasn't even hurt by the entire controversy regarding the T-shirt, so again, what? x'D I'm not even gonna address the "suspected gay" part.

5. If the singing would be the same live as on CD then they would definitely be lipsyncing lol Also I remind you these people, not just BTS, but everybody that has to dance while singing, adapt live performances to their vocal abilities and the choreography they have to do so of course they'd sound different from the CD counterpart in the harder parts. Did they have bad days? Sure. But everybody does. And yes, Jimin's not the most stable singer, but you giving me 3 performances where in your opinion Jimin did bad (I think the Ellen Show performances were fine tbh, not great but fine) as some proof that he's not a good singer while entirely ignoring the good portion of lives where he did really well just shows me that you're so eager to throw mud at him that you have to resort to logical fallacies so I can in no way take your comment seriously (yet again); your point is to entirely make Jimin look bad rather than making an attempt at an objective evaluation based on both the good and bad performances aka how an evaluation is supposed to be done.

And with this and noting that I have absolutely no problem with people not liking Jimin in general or not liking him as a singer or as a performer because you're entirely entitled to your own opinions and tastes (but without spreading misinformation), I conclude my "essay" and wish you a good day and a good end of the year.

Ricu 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

Can you please get a life/ a hobby or some friends instead of spamming stupid lies all over this comment section?

GrimJeongguk2000 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

As it always I love his soft voice... Best new year gift ever... #BTS #Jimin 💜🎊 The only problem is it ends 😭

bts4ever333 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

You blew my mind indeed...Promise you will continue to be my light and night. *intertwine our pinkies * 😭💜

BunnyKookie97 25 days ago 3
25 days ago

THIS IS AN AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL SONG WITH HEARTFELT AND MEANINGFUL LYRICS!!! It has Jimin's beautiful and soothing vocals along with the picture being taken by Taehyung. It is written by Jimin and RM. This song has me in tears and will be on repeat for a week and even longer. Thank you so much for releasing this song Jimin. I love you and continue doing what you are doing.

Joshua_Menon 24 days ago 2
24 days ago

The reason he has bn embedded with 'Promise' all of a sudden is simply bcoz his popularity has gone down to gutter. And, he's highly suspected of being a gay as claimed by some social media & netizens. He practically can't sing professionally as always ended up with Cracking Voice Syndrome(CVS). Besides, his singing nvr be the same as the CD recording. Even BH also use auto tune system for Jimin. Just check the difference when he sing live without either MR or AR. Just watch hw he ruined 'Fake Love' during MGA Award show. Besides, he also ruined both 'Fake Love' & 'Airplane2' during rendering in The Ellen Show. Also listen 'The Truth Untold' when live rendition & on CD.

BunnyKookie97 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

If you go on SoundCloud and look at the credits, you will see that both Jimin and RM wrote it. As for the rest of your opinion on Jimin, some people don't see it like you do. But whatever, we each have our own opinions.

L7842 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

SHUT UP!!!! GET A LIFE!!!!

nicole62104 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

Jiminie did an amazing job! He left me in tears

PLEASE support him! He is so precious so please support him and don't hate on him and his amazing music !!

asher1529 25 days ago 1
25 days ago

I listened to it and can I just say I never realised just how soft and high-pitched his voice was?

ratmonster 24 days ago 0

It’s really annoying

Datboiyoongz 25 days ago 0

I’m listening to it Rn....IM NOT CRYING YOU ARE GO AWAY IM PERFECTLY FINE

Hatneb 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

I have never listened anything so beautiful, I have tears in my eyes. WOW JIMIN has really excelled, his voice is unique in the world!

Queen_Sana 24 days ago 2
24 days ago

so for this i will download soundcloud or is this song on other platforms ?

Sera_L 24 days ago 1
24 days ago

I installed SoundCloud just for it lmao. On a serious note tho, ppl have re-uploaded it on YouTube, Twitter and Instagram, so as long as you know where to find it, you don't have to install SoundCloud.

Queen_Sana 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

Thanks :)

abigailaudrey 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

This comments section is really funny hahahaha

Joshua_Menon 24 days ago 3

adnirvs 24 days ago 2
24 days ago

Dude. Get a life! If you don't like Jimin, don't listen to him. Nobody is forcing you. And pls don't claim you like BTS and all that. We both know that's not true.

Jimin never claimed he did anything related to Serendipity. It was just speculations by fans. And RM cleared everything on his Vlive. Don't blame Jimin for something he never did.

And he did compose Promise. Us Armys know from a long time that he has been composing one song. They have clearly stated and credited him what all he is involved in.

The fact that Jimin is trying to improve himself day after day and is trying to get involved in music making is more than I can say for half of the ppl in the kpop music industry who is surviving by just their visual or the strength of their company.

And Jimin's popularity is decreasing? Wow! That's the funniest thing ever. He has been ranked number 1 again in Individual Brand rankings. He is still loved by all real Armys.

Sera_L 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

Idk why ppl downvote this even though all you said is true. I guess some ppl are really jobless and need to get a life :/

Mhizdarhmey 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

Please tell them....he trends on twitter than bts themselves

Mhizdarhmey 25 days ago 3
25 days ago

This is the biggest blessing..... Omo... Jimin wrecked me once again.. The lyrics are sooooo wonderful accompanied by his pure voice... Good job jiminie... 👍

Joshua_Menon 24 days ago 2
24 days ago

The reason he has bn embedded with 'Promise' all of a sudden is simply bcoz his popularity has gone down to gutter. And, he's highly suspected of being a gay as claimed by some social media & netizens. He practically can't sing professionally as always ended up with Cracking Voice Syndrome(CVS). Besides, his singing nvr be the same as the CD recording. Even BH also use auto tune system for Jimin. Just check the difference when he sing live without either MR or AR. Just watch hw he ruined 'Fake Love' during MGA Award show. Besides, he also ruined both 'Fake Love' & 'Airplane2' during rendering of The Ellen Show in US. Also listen 'The Truth Untold' when live rendition & on CD.

L7842 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

Stop. We don't need your butt up in this comment section saying that Jimin is bad... So if you think that he is a mere dancer and has no ability to write/compose a song, I would like to you see you try. He is great, better than you. Stop and leave. Get up and get a frickety frackety job for goodness sakes.

Mhizdarhmey 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

Why are you pasting your stupidity all over everyone's coment?

Datboiyoongz 24 days ago 3
24 days ago

Has anyone else noticed how there is barely any news today

SharCx 24 days ago 2
24 days ago

no worries, someone in YG will find themselves involved in a controversy as usual.

GD_Amber 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

Your obsession isn't healthy.

Datboiyoongz 24 days ago 0

Lol true

Euphain 24 days ago 1
24 days ago

This comment section is unbelievable, what the hell is going in this community, some people are really triggered, it’s really toxic, I don’t get how dirty people can get to achieve what they want to be, it’s really sad, Jimin has such a sweet voice, and he was preparing for this song since a while now everyone is entitled to their own opinions but to be this pity it’s really disturbing.

Ricu 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

It's shocking what the internet and anonymity can enable people to do/ say. I always wonder whether they dare to be this disgusting in real life as well. It IS disturbing to think about the fact that behind all those negative comments, rants, and hate speeches are real human beings.

I bet most of them are just very frustrated with their own lives and the internet gives them a platform where they can let their anger and bitterness out on others. But seriously, it's pathetic and disgusting.

thesiiiiickest 24 days ago 4
24 days ago

The fact that each and every one of them uses their enormous platform and influence to constantly spread such positive and meaningful messages 😭😭

thesiiiiickest 24 days ago 3
24 days ago

What is there to dislike about this comment and their message?? Yall haters really are something... I see the mass disliking of all the positive comments under this article... honestly bts will thrive whether you like them or not, and all that negative energy is just gonna rot soul and give you wrinkles lmao

Waf_Niel 24 days ago 1
24 days ago

Don't worry about the downvotes dear...in fact, we army loves the down votes. It shows how much of our comments are affecting them. All of our comments and messages hurt them to the core of their hearts :P

thesiiiiickest 24 days ago 0
24 days ago

Yea and it must be a sad life to actively hate on people on the internet lool I'll pray for them

qUirKy11 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

LMAOO...dont take it personally. This just shows how these kpoppies are PRESSED about bts's success right now. They don't like seeing the truth...

Edh96 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

What a great song as expected. Check out my new channel!!! https://youtu.be/Jz-sj5AravQ

-10

T_Jazz 25 days ago 14
25 days ago

It's painful listening. Why would he do that? And who told him that was pleasing to the ear? His acolytes are paying him a disservice.

PinUp 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

Luckily your "opinion" is not worth even a pile of sh*t ^^

Mhizdarhmey 25 days ago 0

GrimJeongguk2000 25 days ago 1
25 days ago

Just don't listen it if you didn't liked it then... No one forced you to listen it... He made for the fans not you... Poor ears

T_Jazz 25 days ago 0

🤝 Deal! 😉

11 more replies

-12

DelightGalaxy 24 days ago 0

-15

Stopudelulu 24 days ago 1
24 days ago

eggshits and vipshits are upvoting all negative comments abt jimin. What a pathetic losers. Druggie bang is flop vipshits feel so salty. While exoflop is flopping no one even cares eggshits are depressed. Lmao

Datboiyoongz 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

Noofvunfeun

-16

Rainbow_Pearls 25 days ago 20
25 days ago

bts are the only group where all the members can write compose produce amazing songs with all genres they are so talented others can't even relate

BBFOR5VER 25 days ago 0

HA LMAO...no

Louis_XIV 25 days ago 7
25 days ago

........... as if big bang doesn't exist. Please don't re-write history to try and fit your narrative.

7 more replies

Nina14red 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

As a diehard BTS fan you couldn't be anymore wrong.

12 more replies

-18

Stopudelulu 24 days ago 0

exoflop can never relate

Yunho
10 hours ago   25   12,877
Fei
13 hours ago   24   27,742
Zelo, Taeyang, G-Dragon, Daesung, SUGA, Rap Monster, Krystal, Sunny, Heechul, Song Min Ho (Mino)
9 hours ago   16   9,670