Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by yckim124 AKP STAFF 17 days ago

Cha Ye Ryun admits her father was arrested for fraud + she has paid off nearly $1 million of his debt

misc.
Actress Cha Ye Ryun admitted her father had been involved in a fraud case.

Back in 2015, reports stated the father of a famous actress had been sentenced 3 years in jail for fraud. The actress' identity was kept a secret, however, on November 28 KST, My Daily exclusively revealed that they received a report claiming that Cha Ye Ryun is the actress related to the news.

My Daily reached out to Cha Ye Ryun for clarification. The actress admitted that it is indeed her father and delivered an apology.

She first said, "I'm sorry," and explained, "I haven't seen my father in 15 years since I was 19 years old. But throughout the past 10 years, I tried my best to pay off his debt."

Cha Ye Ryun revealed when she was 19-years-old, her family separated after her father went bankrupt. Following her debut, unknown figures invaded into her filming sets and agency building and demanded her to pay back the money her father has borrowed.

It's revealed that her father has borrowed money from peers by using the name of his celebrity daughter. Cha Ye Ryun said, " I was so scared and afraid," and "I paid off his debt because I felt responsible for it." She added, "I wasn't able to use my earnings. I used it all to pay off the debt."

Her father's debt added up to around1 billion KRW (885,000 USD), according to Cha Ye Ryun.

Currently, Cha Ye Ryun's parents are divorced. However, Cha Ye Ryun stated, "I hope there are no more victims (involving my dad). I will try my best to resolve the issue. I once again apologize."
  1. misc.
  2. CHA YE RYUN
20 21,527 Share 95% Upvoted

Peace0825 17 days ago 2
17 days ago

What's wrong with all these parents' of celebs and why are they trying to ruin their kids' reputation and economic status? Why can't they just work, seriuosly?

jhwn557 17 days ago 1
17 days ago

In Korea, your parents debt becomes your debt if they can’t pay it. It’s unfair and horrible but that’s the reality. That’s why most celebrities end up paying their parents’ debts even if it doesn’t involve them

MyEuphoria 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

Is that the law in Korea or is it just social/cultural pressure that puts responsibility on their children to pay? I've only heard of adults having to pay their parents' debts, not the other way around. Since it was "unknown figures" demanding to be paid back, I guess it was the wisest choice in this case.

NemuriNezumi 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

i don't understand why they have to pay for their parents mistake

I truly can't

the kids are their own person and the parents the same, they shoudln't have to pay for the stupidity of their progenitors, period

you shouldn't ask for compensation to someone who has done no wrong to you, otherwise you're as bad as the person who made the wrong action in the first place

Cutie888 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

I mean they didn’t have any right to demand her to pay back that money, don’t people have to sign like a contract or something when they borrow money? If they did and the father was the one that signed it then he’s the one responsible to pay them back, not his daughter...... unless she signed it and agreed to pay for him which is not the case here because she didn’t even know her dad owed them money.

But I guess she ended up paying because she didn’t want anything to happen to her dad

Illsick 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

I wouldn't have paid that off, let him do it, it's his problem.

walkertexasrange 17 days ago 0

WTF IS GOING ON WITH ALL THESE FRAUD SCANDALS SERIOUS

jeyjin 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

Just throw these families in jail and throw away the key. I know thats her family but she worked hard for her success and she doesn't even get to enjoy the rewards. I feel like i'm about to cry . This is happening to way too many celebrities and its fucked up.

Cheo 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

These celebrities are fucking suckers. Why the hell are you claiming responsibility for something you didn't do?

Kdevil604 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

shows how poor korea really is. People are generally deadbeats who do anything to earn a few bucks.

There was a church in vancouver canada that got ripped for approx 50 million from a korean man who claimed to be a stock pro. He came in and make money for a few people. Those people spread the word and next thing you know he had 50 million from vancouvers korean community and then fled back to korea. I wonder who his kids are.

haliga (Banned) 12 days ago 0
12 days ago

Comment has been deleted

Aloysious (Banned) 14 days ago 0
14 days ago

Comment has been deleted

pinkerwinkle 15 days ago 0
15 days ago

I feel so bad for her...

mitchle (Banned) 17 days ago 0

Comment has been deleted

DorRag (Banned) 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

So many money/fraud articles today....

-12

Wang_Sejung (Banned) 17 days ago 4
17 days ago

Good girl! Please guys, compare cha ye ryun unni act with this piece of shit of Leeteuk who refused to help his father to pay his debts consequently his father committed suicide bringing to death leeteuk grand father and mother !!!

giogio 17 days ago 1
17 days ago

comment from a piece of shit born in the north!

Wang_Sejung (Banned) 17 days ago 0

Comment has been deleted

xhecthor 17 days ago 1
17 days ago

This really crosses the line. Just do the world a favor and suicide yourself.

ilovetzuyoda 16 days ago 0
16 days ago

All your comments are retarded and insecure. First of all, @Wang_Sejung it is morally wrong to put every struggle and debt on your children. They didn't choose to come into the world, the parent made them come into this world. I honestly hope you never get married and have children who will have to suffer under your uselessness and believe that children should carry your burden. Secondly, @xhecthor It's highly hypocritical for you to say that the person has crossed the line. You told him to suicide as a result, and it isn't something funny to make fun of. Think of those who have committed suicide and this guy most likely has relatives and friends who care for him, no matter how stupid and dumb his comments are. Thirdly, @giogio you are a piece of shit yourself if you believe that the troll is born from North Korea. Are you trying to place the view that North Koreans are all like this? You are racist and discriminating against North Koreans who suffer and you all need to self reflect.

misc.