Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

Original Content
Posted by MultiFandomGuy Saturday, November 10, 2018

10 Songs That Got Us Into K-Pop

It's always said that you never forget your first. And it's the same with K-Pop. We all started with with one song, a song that got so ingrained in our heads with its catchy beats, hypnotic melody, and vibrant music video that it pulled us into this wonderful and accepting world. From the newer fans to the K-Pop veterans, we all remember that single song that had us hooked and exploring this new genre of music. Everyone is different, but there are those few songs that many fans refer to as the songs that really got them interested in K-Pop. Here are just 10 of the many songs that brought us into K-Pop:

Psy "Gangnam Style"

Psy shot into the public eye with this gem of a song way back in 2012. K-Pop was still considered a niche thing back then, but with the release of "Gangnam Style" the world was introduced to a small taste of what this genre has to offer. With its over-the-top music video, horse-riding dance, and earworm chorus, millions were intrigued and flocked to the streets to dance along with this song. While some of us may cringe now at how embarrassing we might have been back then, "Gangnam Style" hold a special place with many of us.

Girls' Generation "Gee"

The original queens of K-Pop, Girls' Generation released this sickly sweet bubblegum pop song back in 2009. From its incredibly catchy beat to the adorably sweet vocals and visuals of the nine members, it's not hard to see how people were pulled into K-Pop with this song. While Girls' Generation's future seems a touch uncertain nowadays, "Gee" brings us back to those days where some of the older fans were still exploring what K-Pop had to offer.

Big Bang "Fantastic Baby"

"Kings" is one of the many terms people call Big Bang, and "Fantastic Baby" shows us why. With "Fantastic Baby," Big Bang showed us that K-Pop could be so much more than bubblegum pop and sweet harmonies. It can be intense, powerful, and dynamic, things that got some hooked on the K-Pop drug. Its heavy electronic beats, powerful vocals and rap, and vibrant music video grabs us so easily, and for some it has never let go.

Twice "Cheer Up"

Twice has risen to the top of all K-Pop girl groups thanks in part to their stunning visuals, incredibly catchy songs, and popular point dances prevalent in many of their songs. But their rise started back in 2016 with the release of "Cheer Up." Many of us were instantly addicted after giving it a listen or twenty, and there are so few K-Pop fans out there that haven't tried the "Shy shy shy" dance sequence. Put all of the charms that make Twice so addicting together and you've got one fantastically fun song loved by many.

BTS "Blood Sweat and Tears"

The record-breakers that are never afraid of trying something new, BTS cemented themselves as K-Pop legends with this 2016 song. "Blood Sweat and Tears" shows off BTS' powerful visuals, intricately difficult dances, and angelic vocals, all tied together in one hypnotic music video. Once many listeners gave this song a chance, they found themselves indoctrinated into ARMY and have given no indication of ever stopping being fans of BTS and K-Pop.

BLACKPINK "Boombayah"

A powerful girl crush group, Black Pink came onto the scene with "Boombayah" back in 2016. And come onto the scene they sure did. An intense clubby beat along with fantastic dancing and rapping from the members, it's easy to see how this song became an instant hit for many, and an introduction for many more. Even with their small discography, Black Pink has managed to rope in many new fans to K-pop.

EXO "Growl"

While I don't follow EXO very closely, this song is the one that really got me addicted to K-Pop. The one-take music video of "Growl," together with the perfect harmonies and sick dancing is what had me hitting the repeat button many times. And I know I wasn't the only one. "Growl" shot EXO to national prominence in Korea, but also helped them get immensely popular overseas, while managing to get many interested in K-Pop.

2NE1 "I Am The Best"

Even though they are sadly no longer together, 2NE1 was one of the most popular girl groups in K-Pop history. "I Am The Best" exemplifies just how amazing this group really was. With amazing visuals that fit perfectly with the intricate set design of their music video, coupled with the addicting electro house sound of the track, many were enthralled with 2NE1 and flocked to see what else this group and K-Pop had to offer.

SHINee "Lucifer"

For me personally, "Lucifer" was the very first K-Pop song I was introduced to, and it's still one of my favorites. SHINee showed everyone just how precise and in sync K-Pop groups could be with their dancing, and that's exactly what brought so many people in to K-Pop. The members' stunning visuals and vocals match perfectly with the dance of "Lucifer," and it's that standard that SHINee set that kept bringing in more and more K-Pop fans.

f(x) "Electric Shock"

Even though they haven't had a comeback since 2016, f(x) is still one of the most beloved girl groups in K-Pop. "Electric Shock" shows just how talented these girls are, with their fantastic vocals and visuals, and really cool dance moves. These girls had something different that set them apart from other girl groups, and many who listened to this song and saw the intense music video could see that and wanted to learn more about both f(x) and K-Pop.

What others songs are there that really got you into K-Pop? Be sure to let me know in the comments! ^^

1. Big Bang
  2. Black Pink
  3. (Bangtan Boys) BTS
  4. EXO
  5. f(x)
  6. Girls' Generation
  7. Psy
  8. SHINee
  9. TWICE
  10. 2NE1
57 Share 78% Upvoted

maragana Saturday, November 10, 2018 3
Saturday, November 10, 2018

How do you not have Wonder Girls' "Nobody"? That's one of the first K-Pop songs I heard here in the U.S.

Kurare Sunday, November 11, 2018 0

MultiFandomGuy (author) is new to kpop XD

46fds Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

here too in the Philippines, before 2ne1 debuted Nobody was being played everywhere here

MidnightKpop 30 days ago 0
30 days ago

Yup, not sure it was Nobody first but it was one of the earliest ones I've see here in the states.

Kpoplover1713 Sunday, November 11, 2018 4

We're just gonna ignore Super Junior's "Sorry Sorry" like that

ana_martins Sunday, November 11, 2018 2
Sunday, November 11, 2018

allkpop hates super junior. that is a fact.

i know that a lot of people discovered kpop bc sorry sorry become a hit outside of korea.

Wonder girls, TVXQ and even BoA should be here

kyunyan Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

First time I heard kpop was through Gee, I also heard "Breathe" by miss A a while after, but neither of that times I got really addicted like when I discovered Sorry Sorry. I might say it was not my first kpop song but definitely the one that got me into kpop forever.

ana_martins 26 days ago 0
26 days ago

after all this end up being posted^^

it seemed like I couldn´t comment on allkpop. my comments never showed up (even if i refreshed the page)

DDM1112 Sunday, November 11, 2018 0

As always Alk hate Sj!

kas7ia Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

Where is Super Junior's "Sorry, Sorry"?

Lalazz Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

Rain, Super Junior, Wonder Girls, TVXQ, Bigbang the list goes on with the amount of other groups that contributed a lot more. But whatever lmao.

fantasticlau Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

Well I assume it's only "Part I" so I will not criticize the article. Instead, I'll give some obvious suggestions for the next one. Super Junior's Sorry Sorry, 2PM's Again & Again and TVXQ's Mirotic got me into Kpop. In addition, many people got into Kpop with Wonder Girls' Nobody or Tell Me, SHINee's Ring Ding Dong (maybe more than Lucifer?). In addition, Taeyang's Wedding Dress was what got most of the American (USA+Canada) Asian dudes into KPop. It was their anthem.

teleri Saturday, November 10, 2018 1
Saturday, November 10, 2018

Lucifer actually DID get me into KPop!!! The MV, that is :D

GreenCJason Sunday, November 11, 2018 0

for me it's Ring Ding Dong

nooDLes15 Saturday, November 10, 2018 0
Saturday, November 10, 2018

Mine's the Wonder Girls - Tell Me

lala90 Saturday, November 10, 2018 0
Saturday, November 10, 2018

My very first kpop video was from Big Bang but it was With U. Big Bang, TVXQ, and Wonder Girls were the groups that really got me into kpop.

shapopo89 Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

invalid list when there is no Wonder Girls Nobody.

Breadbyun Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

The song that got me into K-pop was Block B's "Nililli Mambo". Anybody love that song as much as I do? :D

ana_martins Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

allkpop hates super junior. that is a fact. i know that a lot of people discovered kpop bc sorry sorry become a hit outside of korea

Wonder girls, TVXQ and even BoA should be here

anyway the song that got my into kpop was snsd - oh! in 2010

Uibyong Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

For me it was "Abracadabra" by the Brown-Eyed Girls. I was living in Beijing at the time and they were constantly advertising the "Sound-G" album on TV with clips from that video. B.E.G. are still my faves.

ikarastobtsjyj55 Sunday, November 11, 2018 1

DBSK - Why Did I Fall In Love With You

shapopo89 Sunday, November 11, 2018 0

is it japanese.

methodman88 Sunday, November 11, 2018 0

BoA - No 1 got me into kpop back in high school

Brandon7 Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

Without a doubt wedding dress was the song that got every asian person i knew into kpop or at least hearing about kpop

Znewie71 Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

BAP Warrior started it for me!

ladydahlia629 Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

For me, SHINee's "Lucifer" got me into listening to K-Pop back in 2012 (I know the song and music video was released earlier than that). I discovered their MV after I was a show called SHINee's Hello Baby on YouTube (a friend recommended to watch this variety show).

Kittyformeo Sunday, November 11, 2018 0

Bull shit I became a fan beause of Boa nr 1 and B.A.P Warrior

shinyrainbow Sunday, November 11, 2018 0

Beast's Fiction

JKJ Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

My first was "Oh" SNSD, only because they played it during a football game! A US college game. The first song I really liked was "Gee" so they got that right!

woohyun_wifey Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

INFINITE's Be Mine and 2PM's I'll Be Back got me into kpop.

shakesmilk Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

Really "I Am The Best"? Fire would have been more suitable. Fanstastic Baby is a maybe, Lies or Day By Day would have done it, maybe even Last Farewell. As id Wonder Girls didn't make it to this list.

courtney86 Saturday, November 10, 2018 1
Saturday, November 10, 2018

It was a song by Rain, but I can't remember. I think it was Rainism.

lunawinter Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

Was it's raining for me!

Ginny_jean_chass 3 days ago 0
3 days ago

The one that brought me into K-pop was signal by TWICE for BLACKPINK it was Really and for BTS it was Faje Love

Kaneo 25 days ago 0

BoA's Eat You Up!

ddujjjun 28 days ago 0
28 days ago

Mine was BoA's music

shizun 28 days ago 0
28 days ago

Hary Haru? Mirotic? Sorry Sorry?

Rolly Polly? Mister or Step?

walkertexasrange 29 days ago 0
29 days ago

Lee_Ki_Rin 30 days ago 0
30 days ago

The 'Think You Know BLACKPINK' quiz thing is wrong on Q2. The Song BLACKPINK debut with was Boombayah not Whistle. Q3 is wrong as well. The answer is Jennie not Rose. Also I don't remember well but I thought Jennie was also the leader not Jisoo. But, I may be wrong on that one.

whatever101 30 days ago 0
30 days ago

Gee being on this list is enough to earn my approval

crookedshanks 30 days ago 0
30 days ago

SuJu's Sexy Free and Single is what made me fall into the void. Kpop was so magical back then.

celestine 30 days ago 0
30 days ago

Mine was "La La La" by Big Bang, 2008. lmaooo am I showing too much of my age? Good af days! I miss that age and those days! I was 17. *sobbbs*

kevanimeweird Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

terrific songs but how we gonna ignore legends like 4minute hot issue , 2pm heartbeat , wonder girls should be there with hits after hits tell me , nobody , so hot

carling5 Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

A list like this without RAIN is null and void! I have been so deeply immersed in K-drama in particular for nearly a decade now that it is funny to look back to where it all began.

I did not know K-pop or K-drama even existed until after I fell in love with Rain after seeing Ninja Assassins. For me, there is life BR, Before Rain, and AR, After Rain. Big Bang, So Ji Sub, 2NE1, Lee Min Ho, Ha Ji Won, Song Song Couple, Shin Min Ah, soompi, and allkpop became a part of my life because of Rain and I am forever grateful to him.

BangtanVIP Sunday, November 11, 2018 0

for me it was Taeyang with Wedding Dress. I am the older generation :D

Virgobaby Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

Big Bang's Gara gara go and it's not even a kpop song

NORM Sunday, November 11, 2018 0

I got in with F(x) Hot Summer. Pink Tank drew me in <3

Forgotten_sons Sunday, November 11, 2018 0

BAP- warrior

Eleutherna Sunday, November 11, 2018 1
Sunday, November 11, 2018

How about from Boys over flowers: SS501 Because I'm Stupid ???

mvc24 Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

This was my start too. Loved the series and SS501 is still my favorite group. wish they would make a comeback.

SonnyinLV Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

First song I heard about 1 1/2 years ago was a live performance of AOA's short hair. Sucked me in permanently. And it's only gotten better from there.

sagi97 Sunday, November 11, 2018 0

BIGBANG - LIES

ANONYMOSLY Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

this facts for new fans only. Some of old fans have others songs bringing them into kpop. The author are sucks. 🖕🏿

riae158 Saturday, November 10, 2018 0
Saturday, November 10, 2018

Girls' Generation's The Boys was the first kpop song that I ever heard, but I hated it! (Still do lol) BUT their song Gee is the song that actually got me into kpop, so it wasn't a total loss!

Sera_L Sunday, November 11, 2018 0
Sunday, November 11, 2018

Thanks for putting Blood Sweat & Tears there! It's exactly that song that got me hooked into KPop (BTS especially) ^^

allkpop in your Inbox