Sungmin not joining Super Junior for comeback + apology letter to fans

By elliefilet   17 days ago   179,644   24,564   1
Sungmin,Super-Junior,Sungmin

Sungmin will not be joining Super Junior's long-awaited comeback.

SEE ALSO: KARD x AKP Collab Merch!

It was previously announced Sungmin would be absent for the upcoming 'SMTOWN Live World Tour VI' concerts in Korea and Japan due to fan objections, and Label SJ of SM Entertainment has now confirmed he will not be a part of Super Junior's comeback promotions either.

On July 6, Label SJ released an official statement saying, "Label SJ will respect Sungmin's decision to not take part in Super Junior's upcoming album. Super Junior are a group created with member flexibility in mind, and they've received a lot of love due to their new and different units of groups. Currently, Super Junior are preparing with the goal to release their comeback album this October, and the company is doing its best for Super Junior to have more developed promotions than previously. Though Sungmin won't be joining the album promotions, Label SJ will support him in all other ways."

The agency concluded, "Thank you to everyone who've given Super Junior love for so long, and we ask for your interest and support of Super Junior in the future. Thank you."

Sungmin also reached out to fans personally on social media. His message is as follows:

"Hello, this is Sungmin. I'm writing to you all for the first time in a while because of various situations. Firstly, I'd like to apologize for causing worry to so many fans. There has been a lot of negative talk about me recently, but it was a situation I couldn't act alone on. I'm sorry for the late response.
When I look back on when I was preparing for marriage, I don't think I was considerate or truthful to the fans who've loved me for over 10 years now. I think I should've communicated more with my fans, who were hurt due to rumors and misunderstandings.
When I was serving in the army, I always looked forward to promoting with Super Junior once again. However, I really want the next album to do well, so I decided to withdraw from their promotions. As a Super Junior member, I want my group to receive love for a long time. In light of ongoing controversies, I feel my decision to step away for this album is the best for the group.
I feel very sorry to the fans who've loved and supported me, but I think I need to work harder and have more time to reflect on myself. I ask ELF to support Super Junior's comeback."

What's your take on the news?
  1. Sungmin
  2. Super Junior
  3. Sungmin

Annggeell 15 days ago

On the bright side, Siwon, Donghae, Eunhyuk are being discharged soon, Leeteuk, Heechul, Shidong and Yesung just wait, the 3 sunshines are back :), cheer up #Superjuniorcomeback

BTS061313 15 days ago

I really don't like the way fans are saying that, "as a true/genuine ELF," or "I'm ashamed to be called as an ELF." I hate myself whenever I let my emotions speak first, but I will allow myself to be the sensitive one. I love Super Junior ever since 2005. (I stopped stanning them after being hurt from his unannounced wedding.) I will not say that I'm a "true" fan. I don't need to say that. Sungmin is a mature man. He knew what done. He knew what his job's like, and should have known the payment for his actions. No, there's nothing wrong with marrying someone. Like with Taeyang and Hyorin. Gosh! People are actually very supportive. Why? Because they told us. They prepared us. Not just one day, without telling, they got married. That's the point here, he didn't give any consideration towards his co-members and ELFs. For f sake, Leeteuk even shot WGM with Kang Sora but almost none complained. Even the the mere disrespect to fans. Like writing something for/regarding his wife for FANS who waited and bought bundles of albums just to have that sign. Wow~ I just... I don't know. I am really disappointed. And the reason why there's no big drama regarding him deciding not join because I think that is the only decency that he can do now for everyone. He should have done something better before all these unfortunate events, but yeah, it's all in the past. You can hate me or anything. But for me you will not feel the same sentiment with the majority of K-ELFs you were not that invested with Super Junior like us. We, fans who gave our money and devotion to them for all these years, were reall gravely hurt by his actions.

allkpopellie BTS061313 15 days ago

Don't worry at least now it's clear that he's not needed in SUJU, SUJU is gone shine without Kangin and him not matter what :). His wife is trying to get some spotlight by acting like a victim of hacking on instagram, even though she is, but not that many people would actually post a message asking hackers to stop hacking, poor her lol, she and Sungmin are already missing the fame and want some attention, I'm not an Elf but I support SUJU all the way :).

BTS061313 allkpopellie 15 days ago

Thank you for agreeing with me. Although, saying that SJ doesn't need Sungmin is wrong. No, SJ will never be SJ without Sungmin. Even KangIn. Yes, they did a mistake but it doesn't justify the notion that SJ will shine like how they did without the two. With regards to his wife, we will never know how she feels right now. As long as we haven't experienced something she did, we will never know. Knowing fans, we can be a bit overbearing. And yeah, I agree with you that I will support them all the way.

allkpopellie BTS061313 15 days ago

U know, as an EXO-L, I personally don't care anymore if a member leaves or stays, I can understand the nostalgia people have about OT whatever and OT whatever, but I have come to realize that what matters to me is the music and effort the members who stayed or who fought for their spot put into the comeback. I don't care what people say or how they compare, the EXO of today is as amazing as the one from the Mama era or of the Growl era, if not more because they have grown through adversity. They are different, brighter and more mature, more talented. I think the same of Super Junior, they will shine and will shine brighter even though they are missing 4 members, and 2 of them are the lead and main vocalists. I don't care about the wife anymore and how she feels. I'm focusing on EXO and Super Junior's comeback, and hoping for TXVQ. Leeteuk is crying and 3 members are about done with their military service. Sungmin and his wife, oust, the kings and the legends are back. Sorry, I'm a bit careless.

Jungkook58 16 days ago

I have been an ELF for many years. But honestly, I will not side with Sungmin this time. Way before he even announce his marriage, I barely see any interaction between him and the SJ members. Never seen him supporting the members in their individual activities. In an interview many years ago, it seems that he subtly hinted that he dislike some of his own members. He doesn't show any team spirit and the fact that the Korean fans and the SJ members advised him to postphone his marriage until after their comeback, he refused to do so and went ahead with his decision. I can understand that he's a normal human being and there's definitely nothing wrong with him wanting to get married. But if he wish to remain in this group, he has to put his members and the fans' feelings into consideration. On top of that, he did not make an effort to apologise to anyone after he announced his marriage. After his marriage, all I see are pics of him and his wife but none with the members. I can understand how upset the Korean fans must have felt. As a loyal ELF for many years, I feel disappointed with him too.

JORGEee 16 days ago

I'm going to be very honest. First of all being and Idol is a job. You get the money from the fans, they are the ones that feed you in the end of the day. That does not mean you should not have a life, get married and have kids. However you should be careful they way you treat your fans, the way you anounce things like this. He is in fault, first for using his fans to leave massages about his girlfriend, and  giving her their gifts, that was just a stupid move. And then denying he was getting married just a couple of weeks before it happen. Really? should have anounced it already, they hed acted like he did not care about anything , nor his job, nor his fans. He actualy believed they were going to forget about all when he went to the army and came out. He was pretty much very very wrong. I'm not saying he should hae not married, for sure not. But knowing were the money for his wedding and living comes from , he could have being careful.

iris7 16 days ago

All these people that bullied him all this time, I'm wondering, are they able to sleep at night? Shame on you all...

melon 16 days ago

wow Suju Sm and him did not put up a fight at all. They just went ok haters you can have what you want. So haters can keep doing this type of things to others. Shame

allkpopellie melon 16 days ago

I feel like he's the one who didn't put a fight at all. Leeteuk did fight for Kangin and Sungmin, read his message to fans, but those 2 dummies :( can't do things right.

melon allkpopellie 15 days ago

they have hater and supporters instead of rewarding supporters they decided to give into haters. so disappointing.

allkpopellie melon 15 days ago

Kangin for sure can't be in it, Sungmin should have begged his way in! That dummy lol.

allkpopellie 16 days ago

I can't blame k-ELFs honestly he failed them, and he failed the SUJU members. I truly think he didn't want to be a part of this comeback, he was so fast at saying ok I won't be in it. It's sad, when he needs money, how is he gone do? I hope he saved and invests well in the future.

xindoubleff allkpopellie 15 days ago

His father is very rich

allkpopellie xindoubleff 15 days ago

No wonder, well he can wait for his will and spend his money :). No wonder he's so bad at fan service, if he were to open a restaurant he would fail and maybe learn that money requires effort, his dad must be good if he's a business man. But how come Siwon acts different from Sungmin? Siwon makes more money and isn't he a chaebol? Wow all SUJU members have rich parents except for Angel Leeteuk, I love him even more now :(.

xindoubleff allkpopellie 14 days ago

Actually only Siwon, Kyuhyun and Sungmin were born in a rich family. Many of the members were comparatively poor pre-debut. Such as Donghae, Eunhyuk and Heechul. I can't say much about Sungmin's personality, I don't know him that well. But different people has different personality for sure.

Im_so_sugoi 16 days ago

......This fandom sucks........ From today on, I'm not calling myself an ELF........

DefineImaginary 16 days ago

Well the Sungmin haters got exactly what they wanted...I hope they're f**king happy...Breaks my heart that Sungmin thinks he's a detriment to the group just cause people got pissed that he got married...

IARMYGIRL93 16 days ago

I've been waiting for him to come back from survive for too long and i REALLY REALLY wanted to see him back in SJ and now that he is finally back knetz dont want him back and they got their wish, but what about MY wish what about REAL ELFs wish and what about his wish to be back in the group, *sigh* this is really sad cuz we real fans really missed him alot, i can imagine how excited he was to be in the comeback but no brainless netz are against that. He is one of my baises if he is out I'm out.

just lve