Special Features, Original Features

The Top 10 selling albums of 2016

By GhostWriter   4 days ago   287,876   6,206   262
Intro
The Top 10 selling albums of 2016
Out of all the Korean music charts, Gaon is one of the largest and most influential. The Gaon Chart is compiled by the Korea Music Content Industry Association and sponsored by South Korea's Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. It is intended to be the equivalent of Oricon in Japan and Billboard in the United States. Let's take a look at the top 10 albums of 2016.

SEE ALSO: Former F-ve Dolls' member Chanmi called out by netizens for racism

1. misc.

ArmyChimChim 2 days ago

I'm so tired of exo ...... the whole list is full with their boring albums . I just don't get it how blind are people these days and how they can't see the real music and talent . There are a lot groups with a perfect albums for the last year ....and yeah in the end every year is almost the same . Congrats to bts ,my babies <3 thanks for them ,I see some hope left in the kpop ..

kimmiefonze ArmyChimChim 2 days ago

Can you please define what "real music and talent" is?

wisteriia ArmyChimChim 2 days ago

why do ARMYs have to be so rude

ArmyChimChim kimmiefonze 2 days ago

Talent is when you are on the top because of your special skills ..for real,and yáll knows that exo won't be number one if sm are not behind them .As I said before the power of the big companies is very important ,they put them everywhere and paid for some stuff.For example for Kai's lead role in drama even if he can't act at all..and is just not fair.This is what they do in the music.The big companies always will dictate the rules in Kpop.

ArmyChimChim 2 days ago

Sorry Allkpop don't allow me to write a long comments so I'll keep now . So even if the company come out with some group without any special skills or sing talent ( you know these groups who can only lipsync and can't even sing one song live ,only jumping around the stage and ''dancing'' ) ..they will be successful only because they are under big company.And everyone runs after the crowd u know ...like a sheeps,the fans start to not pay attention what the group do as music ,only how handsome they are ,how populary they are ,who they dating and etc.

ArmyChimChim 2 days ago

Even if the group drops the worst song in the world,the fans will say that is ''amazing'' and I'm a hate only because I'm realistic and not a biased.So the point is that exo are good yes ,there are a few songs that I like ..but they don't deserve to be on the top ..they are not so special.For example B.a.p,if they were under sm and back then everything happened with the lawsuit ,and they back.

ArmyChimChim 2 days ago

The will be on the same level as before to leave the company .Because this is sm after all.But now b.a.p are not even in top 10male groups,why ?Because they are under small company,there not much money for reclame,awards ( yes I bet that sometimes big companies paid for awards ,this happen everywhere),promoting,and they can't allow to put them everywhere.

ArmyChimChim 2 days ago

Even if they have killing live stages,tours,different concepts and good quality albums everytime...there is not place for them.And this is makes me sad .Yes I can say that b.a.p are one of the groups with more talent than exo

ArmyChimChim 2 days ago

Everytime when I click on new exo's MV ,I expect to see something different,a fire ... a bomb..and after all I see only songs almost the same with the rest of their previous songs and concepts.

kimmiefonze ArmyChimChim 2 days ago

Sure, Jan.

kimmiefonze wisteriia 2 days ago

Some fans actually think BTS is the second coming of Christ when in fact they are in the same cesspool of KPop artists who are heavily influenced by Western pop music. I truly adore BTS as well as EXO but none is better than the other. Its Ok to love another group and dislike the other but don't be delusional, at least know the tea.

ArmyChimChim kimmiefonze 2 days ago

I just share my opinion :) I don't insult and put ugly names on exo ...but when someone is with different opinion and see the things from a different view ..yáll say that this a hater ...hater is when you insult someone without a FACTS and talk only nosense .Better read again what I wrote and you will see that 99% is true :)

bangeryun94 ArmyChimChim 1 day ago

The point here is that ARMY are not allowed to disparage other groups. It's the number 1 reason for being banned from the fandom. It's important to remember that no matter how much I agree with you. I don't believe you're trolling or a hater but you really should be careful what you say about you know who. Congratulate them and save all the good and warm feelings for Bangtan

bangeryun94 3 days ago

Yaow!

nitika11 3 days ago

I feel the writer of this article is a bit biased, based on the choice of words used. --'always sell well'??-- they are always good, thats why they always sell well, not just a phenomenon.--'barely edged out'-- what do you mean to say??!!

bangeryun94 nitika11 3 days ago

He is listing the albums sales directly from Gaon. I don't know how that can make him biased. The winter albums do sell well, there's nothing hurtful or untrue. And barely edged out means there was just a few votes separating SVT from #10.

vincentrob11 3 days ago

Yay! No more SM!

kimmiefonze vincentrob11 2 days ago

Ummm... There's six EXO entries so...

vincentrob11 3 days ago

Girl group power!

rominess 3 days ago

WINGS only had one version and they released it in the last quarter of the year and they reached the top sales. I'm so proud of my babies! "teamwork makes the dream work" :')

SunnyNotSunHee rominess 3 days ago

You mean the four versions of this album counting as one, right? Of course they achieved an incredible result last year compared to the last albums, but this helped a lot.

bangeryun94 SunnyNotSunHee 3 days ago

You have Wings confused with the albums before that. Wings had one version.

alsk20 bangeryun94 3 days ago

Wings had four versions W I N and G version

bangeryun94 alsk20 2 days ago

There weren't 4 versions. It was just photos of different members. It was also random. You didn't know who you were getting

alsk20 bangeryun94 2 days ago

What do you mean?? On all the sites to buy kpop albums you can choose which version you wanted...

bangeryun94 alsk20 1 day ago

Really? Lucky you

bangeryun94 alsk20 1 day ago

Do you have a problem with my comment sweetie? I didn't have the opportunity to choose which version I purchased.

alsk20 bangeryun94 22 hours ago

That's not my issue but you could've if you wanted to, eBay, kpoptown, and a dozen more sites gave you the option of choosing the album. You're the one with the problem clearly...

bangeryun94 alsk20 20 hours ago

I don't have those sites where I live sweetheart. The world doesn't all have the same opportunities that you have. Clearly YOU don't see that.

alsk20 bangeryun94 18 hours ago

There could've still been a way for you to choose which one you wanted is what I'm saying.. I'm not saying those sites are the only in the world. I can see just fine thank you very much and this is the last time I'm responding to you because you were upset I voted down one of your comments. It's not that serious.

bangeryun94 alsk20 15 hours ago

I've been commenting here for years and I could give a doodly damn about dislikes. But hey thanks for letting me know I was having a conversation with a kid. Feel free not to respond

shyloone 3 days ago

BTS and EXO dominate when it comes to albums, im so happy Got7 were in the top 10 too

hikebeco shyloone 3 days ago

This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)

hikebeco shyloone 3 days ago

This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)

ND01 3 days ago

BTS<3

Moogirl 3 days ago

WHOA EXO SLAYED EVERYONE BY BEING ON MORE THAN HALF OF THE CHART!!!

shyloone Moogirl 3 days ago

im sure if Bts brought out chinese version too it would pretty much look the same

Exbbsy12 shyloone 3 days ago

I dont think so. They dont have mny chninese fans. Moreover i doubt their solos would be so successful.

ArmyChimChim Exbbsy12 2 days ago

Don't doubt so much :) Don't forget that the power of the companies have a big role in the game ... this explain a lot about exo ,u know . I doubt too that exo would be that successful without SM and the way the company put them everywhere and paid of course about some stuff ...as the case with the new PRO ''actor'' Kai .

shyloone Exbbsy12 2 days ago

and what do you count all there Chinese fans aye, how do you know im not one of those Chinese fans

shyloone Exbbsy12 2 days ago

and what i guess when you were listening too August D , you were unaware that thats Suga right from BTS, dont be such a bitch, every single one of BTS could hit with a solo

bangeryun94 Exbbsy12 1 day ago

LMAO! Their covers have more views than entire solo albums. Go be bitchy and troll somewhere else. You're bringing down the mood for both EXO L and ARMY.

zergelultor1 3 days ago