Oh My Girl's Seunghee made another statement through her agency amidst the continuing threats and harassment from rapper Tank.
WM Entertainment posted their statement on Oh My Girl's official fan club web page on March 25. The agency wrote, "Seunghee's past statement remains unchanged. She has collected relevant evidence, including evidence of the spread of false information, threats, and harassment from the rapper. She has filed both civil and criminal lawsuits against Tank on the 12th of this month."
The agency continued to write, "We will not be directly communicating with the perpetrator any longer because he continues to distribute false information to use in his favor. We will be holding him legally responsible for all his actions. Our company will continue our best to protect our artists from such indiscriminate harassment to prevent further damage."
Previously, rapper Tank released a diss track titled "Suni" that directed the diss at a girl group member. The song did not mention a specific name, but the photo used in the cover was of Seunghee and the rapper's social media page was filled with photos of the Oh My Girl member.
Since then, the two parties have been in constant conflict as Tank continued to direct threats at Seunghee while Seunghee's agency continued to fight back in their official statements.
Below is the full translated statement from WM Entertainment:
"Hello, this is WM Entertainment.
We would like to share with everyone our final position regarding rapper Tank, who continues to circulate malicious false rumors.
1. As stated in the previous notice, Seunghee and Tank only had a senior and junior relationship as they attended the same school. After receiving a phone call that Tank might attempt to take his own life, Seunghee sought out help for the rapper with a good heart. However, the rapper continued to oppress Seunghee by threatening to take his own life if she does not reciprocate his feelings. Our position that Seunghee is a victim remains unchanged.
Seunghee continued to contact her senior and worried about his safety despite her busy schedule. However, Tank did not stop distorting the truth and continued to spread false rumors. We have found multiple instances he had shared malicious false information on his social media.
2. We collected evidence related to his threats and harassment to file a complaint. We have officially filed a complaint of defamation, spreading of false information, threat, and harassment with a legal representative on March 12.
In the process of preparing the lawsuit, we have confirmed that Tank's home address he revealed on social media was different from the one we had on file. In order to send him the certification of contents, we went to his home but he refused to open the door, hence, we were only able to deliver the certificate.
3. Contrary to Tank's claims, we did not give him any suggestion or appeasement. Also, our stance that we will be taking strict legal action against all his claims still remains unchanged. It is still unpleasant that the rapper continued to mention our artists in his absurd claims. The rapper is able to report to the police if he feels there is anything that is unfair to him. Still, he continues to spread false information on social media and through YouTube.
4.In one of his messages to Seunghee in the past, he wrote, "If I die, then reveal the Kakao messages I sent you to defend yourself. The world will either see me as someone who took his own life because he loved one woman. The media will forever remember you as someone who killed me." He continued to threaten to take his own life, hence, we were being careful. However, Tank continues to bring shock to the public by uploading videos alluding to suicide. Therefore, we decided that we cannot overlook his actions that are giving discomfort to many people as well as our artists.
5. We will not be directly communicating with the perpetrator any longer because he continues to distribute false information to use in his favor. We will be holding him legally responsible for all his actions. Our company will continue our best to protect our artists from such indiscriminate harassment to prevent further damage.
6. Despite this current situation, Seunghee is doing her best to prepare for promotions for everyone who cares about her. WM Entertainment is also focusing on preparing an album for the group.
We would like to apologize to everyone for causing such a concern. We ask for your understanding. We apologize for the delayed response. We want to be careful and be thoughtful since it involves another person's precious life."