Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

Original Content
Posted by Boorjoo 30 days ago

10 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About TVXQ

1.Trainees With the Best Vocal Talent

Each member of TVXQ was supposed to debut as solo singers or lead 5 different groups. However, due to financial problems, SM Entertainment chose the most talented trainees and formed TVXQ as an acapella-dance group. Lee Soo Man stated that out of several different teams, he chose the best member from each and brought them together to create a ‘major-league’ team. That team was TVXQ.

2.Saved The Industry

In the early 2000s, people had lost their interest in idol groups so the K-Pop industry started dying out due to financial problems. As TVXQ debuted on December 26, 2003, with 'Hug', they immediately attracted everyone's attention. Back then digital music sales weren't relevant and selling 100 thousand cassette albums, which were cheap, were considered a huge success. In 2004, TVXQ's debut album 'Tri-angle' and single albums 'Hug' and 'The Way You Are' sold more than 800 thousand CD albums. They gained huge popularity in Asia when they came back in 2008 with Mirotic and paved the way for K-Pop in Asia.

3. No Solo Works

Although they were supposed to debut as solo artistsin the beginning, SM Entertainment in 2008 stated, "TVXQ will not be doing any solo work in the future or neither do we have any plans for it. TVXQ is a group that puts group and team first". Finally, Changmin and Yunho released mini albums in 2015 but they didn't promote them solo.

4."Rising Sun" in Fast & Furious 4

TVXQ's 2nd studio album's title track 'Rising Sun' was featured in the blockbuster movie 'Fast & Furious 4,' during Paul Walker's opening scene.

5. 2 Times they were on the Guinness World Record

TVXQ was recorded in Guinness Book of World Records as ‘having the largest official -paid- fan club’ back in 2008. Apart from international fan clubs and the official Japanese fan club BigEast; the official Korean fan club, Cassiopeia, had well over 800,000 members. TVXQ's Korea fan club closed in 2009, after the split of TVXQ.

TVXQ also put their names on the Guinness Book of World Records for being the most photographed group back in 2009. Through their official activities, the group was photographed over 500 million times.

6.Historic Win on Japan's Kohaku Uta Gassen

TVXQ participated on Japan's year-end show Kohaku Uta Gassen in 2008, 2009 and 2011. In 2011, they recorded a historic win. Besides bringing in 42.6% viewership, TVXQ obtained 49.7% of the total votes cast, leaving 21 top artists such as Arashi, SMAP, AKB48, Perfume, Girls' Generation,and KARA behind, winning 1st place with a record of almost half the total votes. The voting was only open to those within Japan, and Korean fans, as well as international fans, were not able to participate. After excluding the repeated votes, TVXQ maintained the 1st place with a shocking 65.3% of the total votes.

7.One of The Big 3 in Japanese Live Scene

Japan is a country where Asian groups and singers do concert tours a lot. On May 14, 2015, Kei Nishiyama, chairman of online ticketing site Ticket Street called TVXQ as one of Japan Live Scene 'Big 3' along with Arashi and EXILE. Kei Nishiyama stated, "The BIG 3 in the Japanese live scene today are Arashi, TVXQ and EXILE. More than 40% of Avex-held dome-stadium level concerts were TVXQ. Avex will show a big decrease in revenue due to TVXQ's upcoming enlistment."

He also released the list of 'Artists with the hardest to get concert tickets in Japan'. TVXQ ranked #2!

8. The Members Were Initially Disappointed at the Group's Name

When Lee Soo Man told the members about what name he chose for them (TVXQ, which means 'Rising Gods of the East'), the members were very disappointed... Jaejoong and Yunho even cried!

9. Highest Earning K-Pop Group

On December 31, 2009, tvN ENEWS 'Blackbox' revealed the top earners of 2009 in Korea. TVXQ ranked 1st with a revenue figure of $109M USD, followed by Rain ($53M USD) and Big Bang ($17M USD).

On November 25, 2013, Korean media outlet Sports Seoul reported that TVXQ made a career revenue of $1.1 Billion USD up to that point.

On February 22, 2018, Korean media outlet Cidermics reported that TVXQ made a career revenue of $2 Billion USD up to that point, which makes them the highest earning K-Pop group in history.

10. They were Offered The Role as F4 in Boys Over Flowers

Almost everyone knows about Boys Over Flowers and it's Legendary F4 (Lee Minho, Kim Hyungjoong, Kim Bum,and Kim Joon).

In 2007, when the publisher was in the planning stages to produce the Japanese manga 'Hana Yori Dango' into a Korean drama, they wanted to cast the 4 members of TVXQ as F4, and the plan had been specifically discussed. However, TVXQ’s overseas activities in Asia made it impossible to spare time for the drama shooting, so they had to politely decline the offer.

Even though they didn’t make it, but it’s still fun to guess which TVXQ member gets which role in the 4 men of F4, right?

1. JYJ
  2. Junsu (XIA)
  3. Jaejoong
  4. Yoochun
  5. TVXQ
  6. Yunho
  7. Changmin
33 41,255 Share 91% Upvoted

Tenebres 29 days ago 4
29 days ago

Heechul made fun of TVXQ because of their name while JJ and Yunho cried.. I'm sure he wouldn't make fun of them if he knew about his future group's name 'Super Junior' :D

For F4 Cast..

Yunho->Gu Jun Pyo

Jaejoong-> Jihoo

Yoochun->Yi Jung

Changmin->Woobin

and maybe Junsu->Geum Jan Di

teleri 29 days ago 2
29 days ago

So you'd give the lead role, which DEMANDS a good actor, to YUNHO!!!!????? OMG that would have been terrible LOL Nope, have to be Mickey Yoochun cause he's hands down the best actor of the bunch. Totally agree that Ji Hoo would have to be JJ, tho!

Tenebres 29 days ago 1
29 days ago

Nahhh I don't mean their acting skills :X Yunho is a big guy, tall etc.. His facial features are manly. When I look at him, it feels like he looks arrogant, though but a caring guy inside :) just like gu jun pyo <3

teleri 29 days ago 0
29 days ago

Yunho LOOKS so good - that's very true. I just wish he could ACT!!! :( I cry about it every time I try to watch one of his dramas :( The only one where he did really well was Night Watchmen because he basically played this stoic non-verbal guard LOL
But he'd never be able to carry off Gu Jun Pyo in a drama. That's actually what was proposed, that TVXQ play the F4 in the drama - therefore I'm certain the lead & second lead would have been Yoochun & JJ. Cause they can act.
Changmin and Junsu can act, I believe. I saw Changmin in Scholar Who Walks the Night and he did a fine job, and Junsu is the KING of Korean musical theater so surely he can act as well...I've just never seen him do it (except his MVs)

ketisanmo 29 days ago 0
29 days ago

I don't think Yunho will even be considered given his acting skill among the five members since their early days .Critics were very vocal then

tvxqEGY 29 days ago 1
29 days ago

thank you for sharing this no matter what i dont think there is better band than them they are number 1

beleviguge (Banned) 29 days ago 0

Comment has been deleted

Semsem828 29 days ago 2
29 days ago

I don't ask the fans of kpop group nowadays to stop supporting their groups, all am asking just looks to those records and give credit to TVXQ for being your group is so popular right now, you can find that TVXQ, the group who save kpop industry, i'll be a fan of those five legends forever

Emyza 29 days ago 1
29 days ago

They are legendary idols. That will stay forever in my heart.

P/s im still listening to their songs. Their acapella skills is timelessly precious.

Semsem828 29 days ago 0
29 days ago

Me too, even I have alot of their songs as tvxq and JYJ on my mp3 and listening to them in my car

cassiopeian 29 days ago 1
29 days ago

Thanks for adding 'probably' to the title, otherwise I would've commented "I already knew all of this!":D:D

RyenLux 29 days ago 0
29 days ago

Lmao I was thinking the exact same thing. I went through the list thinking, "Tell me something I DON'T KNOW." Still, it was nice to see an article that featured all five of them instead of the current duo.

johwa 29 days ago 0

i only stan TVXQ5

marisara 29 days ago 0
29 days ago

It’s sad TVXQ separated, they were the perfect Kpop group because they could sing any kind of song, act well & dance well. Jae Joong & YooChun are great actors with good dramas to prove it and Junsu is doing musical theather which is more difficult but he is so awesome you can’t get a ticket because every show is sold out immediately! Junho & Changmin still do well. These boys were so talented but now they’re even better! I don’t like to compare BTS with TVXQ as five because each group is very different, they’re very talented but times & fans are very different now. I love BTS & JYJ so I love them both. 😀❤️💜

Fangirlalways 29 days ago 0
29 days ago

what got me hooked on TVXQ were their acapella renditions... years later I still am a fan and always will be... they are simply talented, no doubt

ketisanmo 29 days ago 0
29 days ago

Yuchun has always been the best actor among the 5 since Jdrama days with good reviews on his acting even then . And he was casted in a few jdramas too as lead.so it is a given he would take the lead. I have to agree with everyone on JJ being casted as Jihoo.

2jelooppar 29 days ago 4
29 days ago

Fun fact: TVXQ was supposed to debut with a member graduation concept but when it was rumored that JJ would be the first to graduate, fans protested so he didn’t.

Edh96 29 days ago 3
29 days ago

I don’t think so. Super junior was supposed to be like that but not tvxq. Tvxq were created to be a stable group because lee soo man thought they might be SM’s very last group

Ah_Chuu 29 days ago 2
29 days ago

There was talk at one point in their early days that a Chinese member would be added for Chinese promotions, and that they would be split into 'units' for promoting in different regions... I don't think it played well with fans though, surprisingly enough. SM have clearly been interested in producing an NCT-style boy group for years and I think TVXQ would naturally have been a part of that if they'd figured out how to sell the concept properly back then.

2 more replies

Jocelyn_Yu 29 days ago 0
29 days ago

This is why TVXQ is way better than any other groups!

beashineeshawol 29 days ago 0
29 days ago

Lol they were my first Kpop group so I knew about all these things except the no solo works thing. That actually did come as a surprise but when I think back I realize it's true. They've never had solo promotion. Granted, that was also highly uncommon back in the day.

Emyza 29 days ago 0
29 days ago

1st impression, i cried seeing this. Remembering that I was solely Cassiopeia who willing to spend every penny on their stuffs, i began to recall from the moment i fell in luv with them and their talents. Truthfully, i missed 5 of them so much although Changmin & Yunho are doing great as TVXQ, it would be so much better if they didn't broke off like now.

After the heartbreak, I was going out of kpop fandom till BTS showed up and i saw the same chemistry that TVXQ had. Currently i've became a devoted Army.

thekey 29 days ago 0
29 days ago
I thought everyone already knows most of these..

Ohboy69 29 days ago 2
29 days ago

DBSK's lack of interest in going solo cracks me up every time (Changmin can't be bothered with all that solo effort, duh).

Emyza 29 days ago 1
29 days ago

I know rite, and that momemnt i thiught they are unbreakable till the lawsuit happened.

Ohboy69 29 days ago 0

how does it even relate to my comment XD I meant DB2K

teleri 29 days ago 0
29 days ago

WHICH 4 of TVXQ? Yoochun's a given (he can ACT), one would hope JJ. That's the lead & 2nd lead....
So which one would get left out? Yunho who can't act, maybe?
Interesting LOL

LalaLus_Bangg 26 days ago 0
26 days ago

I am so happy to see TVXQ portrayed as 5 because thats who they are and i am so pleased and i wish more people cared and knew about them

mifzalaudadi 29 days ago 0

😭 miss them so much

Army_of_Inspirit 29 days ago 0
29 days ago

Hooo craaaaap! How amazing is this. They would've been an unstoppable force if they didn't disband cos a lot of fans left after the whole split.

Not_interested 29 days ago 0
29 days ago

I must thank them introducing Kpop to me.

I left the fandom after the split but still look up their activities from time to time.

(Bangtan Boys) BTS