Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

Rumors
Posted by yckim124 AKP STAFF 21 days ago

Netizens displeased with the 'Daesang' winner of the '2018 SBS Entertainment Awards'

Netizens are displeased with the unexpected 'Daesang' winner of the '2018 SBS Entertainment Awards.'

On December 28, the award ceremony took place at Sangam-dong, Seoul. Lee Seung Gi of 'The Butlers' overcame the viral variety stars and top MCs such as Yoo Jae SukBaek Jong Won, and Shin Dong Yup, and won the 'Daesang' or the 'Grand Prize.'

Many netizens are baffled by the results and claim Lee Seung Gi is unworthy of the 'Daesang.'

Netizen comments stated,

"Lee Seung Gi for 'Daesang'? Are you kidding me? lolol Baek Jong Won deserved it but he didn't win anything. Do you think this makes sense? Was 'The Butlers' even that viral at all? lol I'm skipping SBS Entertainment Awards from now on. lol They gave the 'Daesang' to the grandmas of 'Ugly Duckling' last year and now this lol They just thoughtlessly hand out 'Daesang',"

"This is nonsense."

"Seriously, it needed to go to Baek Jong Won or Shin Dong Yup. I waited until late at night for the 'Daesang' and now I'm so angry. Why Lee Seung Gi? What is wrong with the Entertainment Awards and their daesangs?"

"Really unexpected."

"Seriously, him out of everyone?"

What are your thoughts on the 'Daesang' results?.

1. Lee Seung Gi
35 79,178 Share 69% Upvoted

taichou_san 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

i knew it ppl will make a buzz about seunggi win daesang tho...tbh the butler show not even reach 1 year yet plus he just comeback from military which is absurd straight get daesang...the butler rating not always high either...tbh im quite shocked that byungman lotj not even the nominees...and lotj just win 1 award which is more weird...was hoping shin dong yup,byung man or baek jong won tho...heck even kwang soo even more deserve than seunggi...sorry to say

crazy_parrot 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

i like him but I agree he doesn't deserve that daesang award yet. It is still too soon. His achievements are still not to that level. 🙄

miki96 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

I love Seungi but I was also pretty shocked when they announced his name while watching the ceremony live, since too many top stars names were tossed in the air, so it was quite weird he won, but it's SBS's thing to do that. I still remember when Joo Won got a Daesang in his first ever SBS drama (he should have won best new actor).

Celebration 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

Maybe he deserved one before he join the Military, with Strong Heart and 1n2d, but certainly not with Butler

elfinkyy 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

Thought it was just the music daesangs that were becoming a popularity contest, I guess the entertainment daesangs are slowly following suit

Gypsy_seoul 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

The board has already decided....its Lee Seung Gi no matter how people may take it...anyways every awards, every year theres always this thoughts that the winners dont deserved it, but it doesn't mean that the people you wanted to win didn't get it, the winners dont deserved it.

LEE SEUNGI GI....HOLD your head up...they see something in you that's why you won the award.

Airens are always behind you!

RizalmieHisham 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

Being most viral doesn't mean most watched and most popular.

Gly 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

I think it is a little earlier for Lee seungi to be awarded as the grand awardee but in any case a big congrats.

Julian_Chen 20 days ago 1
20 days ago

Gosh... I was actually fine with the grandmas of My Ugly Duckling winning last year because the grandmas deserved the daesang especially My Ugly Duckling is really popular and records high rating every week. But this year the result was kinda disappointing. I have nothing against Seunggi (i neither like nor dislike him). But seriously how could he win DAESANG? HOW? His program isnt even a big of a hit. I to be honest dont even know if the program is still running. So, how could he win? Confusing!

Yakumuini 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

Im sorry i just can’t help but comment - since when are you a majority?? 😅 😅😂 let’s face it - we are not smarter than the people behind the decision of awarding deasang to seung gi . The comeptetion was tought - yes - but that doesn’t mean seung gi can’t win. See - he did:)

Chenphe 20 days ago 1
20 days ago

If he wasn't deserving why even nominate? He got a nomination means he was deserving and he won among the nominated candidates. The netizens should have protest wen the nomination list was revealed, why wen he won? Just because he is young doesn't mean he doesn't deserve. But I am more happy bcos Yook sungjae won excellence award lol

gureumcloud 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

That's too much of a reductionist way of thinking about it. The fact of the matter is, none of the shows he's a regular on are particularly popular. This is in contrast to Baek Jong Won, who others have mentioned should have won, whose shows are incredibly popular right now and one of the most watched newer variety shows in Korea. They're not ragging on him because he's too young. They're displeased because it actually doesn't make sense.

Dconan98 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

Lol you should read articles before this event held. How many upvotes and comments that want Lee Seung Gi won. There are so many articles that wrote the rivals between LSG and BJW, and many people choose LSG over BJW. The one that comments are mostly doesn't watch the show or maybe BJW side. If BJW win last night, can u imagine the hatred will be more outrageous and I think SBS will be burned by LSG fans.

Queen_Sana 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

That was actually shocking for me too i love his show and he is funny but may be he won too soon there are others who deserve this award not saying he don't but for next year may be not this time

rosescott 21 days ago 1
21 days ago

Seriously, All K-pop gave importance to some k-netz questioning Lee Seung Gi's win? What about another article citing netizens who are happy for his win? To each his own opinion and for me, Seung Gi is more than deserving of the award. Never ever look down on him because of his age, but if you haven't seen Master in the House but only other variety show, I think, it doesn't give anyone the right to say they're displeased of his winning. Master in the House can't stand if you remove Lee Seung Gi. He is for me, the heart and soul of the show. He's the "unofficial" leader, he's the captain of the show! How he works really hard for what it is now is so evident. He's been in variety for such a long time and even his seniors from entertainment like Yoo Jae Suk and Kang Ho Dong is acknowledging his worth. On the other hand, what is winning without some negative reactions, right? I guess, it's pretty fine because that would even make SeungGi work harder. To Lee Seung Gi, congratulations!!! You're very deserving. We know your talents and your effort.

crazy_parrot 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

i watched Master in the house since ep1 and looking forward to ep each week. I disagree with you that MITH can't stand without LSG. All members are equally important and they have their roles to portray.. If i were to gauge their roles that makes MITH surviving 1 for me is the comedian guy coz he is so darn funny. 😁

Yakumuini 21 days ago 1
21 days ago

If MITH airs without LSG - it sure will not have the same impact it receives now - it will be difficult for an audience like us to know the exact weight a deasang winner has to have to win the award so dont play smart as if you understand the industry well- lee seung gi’s impact on the show he is in - is what he earns from all the effort and the heart he brings in his craft - he deserves the award :))

rosescott 21 days ago 0

I agree, 100%!

tenty_tenty 21 days ago 3
21 days ago

Everyone has a right to her/his own opinion. I believe it is well deserved, I don't see it as an award for only his current work, but for his entire work in the entertainment business. He is a hardworking, talented, kind and humble man. In his speech he thanked all of his seniors that helped him throughout the career and his fellow cast members for helping him achieve so much. Master in the House is an amazing show, and,yes, it is quite popular. Instead of judging it so easily, why not watch it from episode 1 till now.

pablo27 21 days ago 2
21 days ago

Well, this is a year end awards show which takes into account the recipient's work for the year. It isn't a lifetime achievement award. Sure he deserves it. Anybody who wins does, no matter what people say. However, there are more deserving people. He may be an integral part of Butlers but one cannot compare his impact on his show when compared to Shin Dong Yup on his show and Yoo Jae Seok in his.

hiroonakamura 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

shin dong yup has only two SBS shows, life bar and my ugly duckling. he is a good mc on life bar but he hardly does anything on MYD. seo janghoon is more active than him there, and both of them are always outshined by the hilarious moms.

tenty_tenty 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

As I said: I , personally, don't see it as an award for only this year.. I was stating my own opinion, not talking about other things or other nominees. Each one of them did an excellent job throughout the year, as someone who has watched Master in the House since the beginning, I can say that he has a great impact on the show, he brings members together, makes sure that all the masters feel at ease and that the entire show goes well, he always steps up when other members feel shy to do something, and he looks after everyone. He always appreciates other members' efforts as he mentioned in his winning speech. He did an amazing job this year, even Jae Seok said so in the phone call he had with the cast of MITH in one of the episodes, he complemented Seunggi's efforts in the show.

torilyn 18 days ago 0
18 days ago

Well... Master in the House is incredibly popular with foreigners, the show is freaking hilarious, and I'm in tears from laughing every episode. Also, tears from the sad/sentimental moments. They have had incredible guests and I learned about so many famous people from South Korea; whom I didn't know existed. The four make a fantastic team and I believe that Seung-gi deserves the award. Out of the four cast, two are relative newbies, and Se Hyeong is rising comedian but only just (in fact I did not like him before this show and still don't like some of his other work). So all together they are doing an excellent job holding everything together. I can't imagine how stressful it's been for them. Actually, they have had an episode where they broke down and talked about how hard it has been. The fact that the show hasn't become an epic failure, and they don't have Yoo Jae Suk (I love the guy but he is in everything) or one of the other go-to hosts carrying the show, is a huge testament to them. Seung-gi is so happy and grateful to receive the award, so you should just say "congrats" and move on IMHO. Why do people have to be so negative?

Fangirlalways 18 days ago 0
18 days ago

I just hope instead of being disappointed learning or reading people's comments Seunggi will be more motivated to work hard and be more deserving of the award. Yeah im surprised but considering his efforts for the show, on that note, I think he is deserving and that's probably what the jury or the station thought so. If ever the ratings were low probably his ability to lead make up for it. He supported well his team and they even speak about it many times in the show. Many actors are adamant to let go of their image yet he gamely take on some of the challenges in the show. Yes he may not be the only one but we can't really know everything and people who chose him may know more. I just wish him more blessings and stronger mindset in a challenging world he chose to belong to.

Yakumuini 21 days ago 1
21 days ago

Funny how other people think their smarter and are so sure about their opinion 😂 Seungi might have won from a very slight margin against other nominies - still he won. The award is not for that who sufferred the most (Each gets pay check for that) also - nomination has A cut off time for this year’s award - the fact that seung gi being in MITh is within the cut off- you can not say it is too soon for him to win. Sportsmanship is free try to get some.

gureumcloud 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

They're not saying other should have won because they should have suffered more. His show is simply less popular compared to the other suggested nominees like Baek Jong Won or Shin Dong Yup. Lee Seungi is not a variety newbie, he was doing incredibly well for himself on Strong Heart and others before his military enlistment. But the fact of the matter is, he's not where he used to be and his show is doing well, but not that well. He's a popular guy, though, and I can see why.

hiroonakamura 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

shin dong yup doesnt deserve it at all. he doesnt do much great on sbs. should've gone to baek jong won, but i heard rumours that he doesnt like award shows and might've declined (which is why he won 0 awards)

qnaug 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

I suppose he just got back...

Kosmo_Lap 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

This is outrageous. I should have won it.

Kosmo_Lap 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

This is outrageous. I should have won it.

_Jarhon 21 days ago 2
21 days ago

Yeah was expecting this reaction.

It is bit fucked up. The butlers is a semi fail as a show, and then to give a daesang, the most prestigious award to only 1 person from the cast who no way stands out there and isn't anyways clear MC... its a clusterfuck. Even LSG fangirls have to admit to that.

Just keep giving it to YJS if you can't find anyone else worthy, at least then it makes sense.

hiroonakamura 21 days ago 1
21 days ago

calling it a semi fail is very harsh. it has pretty good ratings for an sbs variety show , especially considering its competition on kbs.

Damjia 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

It's very popular here in the states, we watch it on Viki

ase 21 days ago 1

he is so ugly.

Damjia 21 days ago 0
21 days ago

In America there are a LOT of women that thinks he is hot... just saying

Taeyeon