Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by beansss AKP STAFF 7 days ago

Japanese media outlet reports that all year-end music programs in Japan have decided to withdraw BTS's invitations

(Bangtan Boys) BTS

On November 10, one Japanese media outlet reported that in addition to TV Asahi's 'Music Station' postponing BTS's appearance earlier this week, all other Japanese year-end music programs have now decided to withdraw their invitations for BTS to perform at their events.

As many of you know, BTS's appearance on 'Music Station' was postponed just one day before the scheduled date on the basis that Japanese audiences found a shirt worn by member Jimin in the past, to be problematic. The shirt's contents dealt with Korea's liberation from Japanese occupation, as well as the end of Japanese imperialism.

Now, Japan's media is reporting that NHK's 'Kōhaku Uta Gassen', one of Japan's most popular year-end music programs, has decided not to invite BTS to this year's ceremony after lengthy deliberation. Earlier this year, many were positively looking forward to BTS's first ever invitation to the year-end show.

Furthermore, Fuji TV's 'FNS Music Festival' scheduled for this upcoming December 5 and December 12 has also decided to reject the idea of inviting K-Pop group BTS to this year's programs. TV Asahi's 'Music Station Super Live', another year-end special scheduled for this December, will ultimately carry on without inviting BTS to the event after deliberating on the matter.

All of the above decisions were allegedly reached due to the controversy surrounding Jimin's liberation shirt.

Stay tuned for updates on the ongoing course of events.
102 Share 71% Upvoted

teleri 7 days ago 7
7 days ago

There is nothing wrong with any Korean wearing a shirt celebrating the end of 45 years of oppression and cruelty at the hands of the Japanese in the first half of the 20th century. The Japanese government need to take a hint from Germany and apologize.

AlexisChan 6 days ago 3
6 days ago

Japan has given the Korean government money for the victims but the Korean government took the money all for themselves and only give the victims little money from it. They hid the fact from the people of Korea for over 50 years. Seriously just get over it.

teleri 6 days ago 2
6 days ago

I think YOU need to get over it. Japan is the one having conniption fits over a t-shirt that Jimin wore over a year ago. That's inane. Plus educate yourself - no, the Japanese government didn't exactly admit and apologize for everything they did.
BTW, this whole t-shirt kerfluffle is NOT the real reason for canceling these KPop groups - it's political.

2 more replies

_Jarhon 6 days ago 2
6 days ago

Thought who the fuck is so deluded that they try to shield a braindead idol who glorified the use of atomic bomb. But its the moron who thinks KHJ isnt a womanbeater.

Oppa didnt mean it this time either, right?

2 more replies

bright_light 7 days ago 10
7 days ago

Japan's loss, really though it's unbelievable all this over a shirt Jimin wore acouple years ago. If there is a bright side to this they can have time to themselves instead of doing thise shows, i hope Jimin doesn't blame himself cause of this, i hope they know we support them

huining 7 days ago 5
7 days ago

Does it matter when he wore the shirt? The fact is, he shouldn't have worn it at all. No use being sorry for something when the damage has already been done. Let's just hope that Jimin and BTS is more careful from now on. Fans need to stop making excuses for their idols mistakes. They need to admit that their idols were in the wrong and help their idols learn from their mistakes.

BTS_NoonasRock 6 days ago 1
6 days ago

Why should he not wear a Korean independence day shirt?

huining 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

You clearly do not know what the shirt is about? It is not about Korea's independence day. It is about Korea's liberation from Japan. It is about the atomic bombing. As someone who grew up in Singapore, a country who also suffered greatly in the Japanese war, I understand. Some Koreans are happy that the Americans dropped the atomic bomb. It ended the war and their suffering. But innocent lives were lost. As an idol with fans in Japan, you should not be wearing a shirt that talks about something so cruel. He should have been more careful.

shy_kpop_girl 6 days ago 2
6 days ago

Lets just wait and see - I'm sure this over-sight will be followed up by an apology and perhaps some sensitivity training. After all Namjoon went to do some women's studies at the university level after BTS were criticized for being misogynistic towards women within their lyrics. I'm not making any excuses for them - But I'm not against people making mistakes especially if they just weren't thinking. So long as they apologize and correct their mistake, i'm good with that. People deserve 2nd chances - idol or not.

2 more replies

Azure_Aurora 7 days ago 1
7 days ago

bright_light, hey, I totally agree with you, and I also feel that something fishy is going on. Why is this year-old issue brought up NOW? When we are waiting for news from the Grammy? When something like this could affect BTS' career in Japan at this juncture?? When BTS was invited to big Japanese music show for the very FIRST TIME?? When BTS is both physically and emotionally exhausted from the continuous hectic schedule? WHERE WERE THESE RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE LAST YEAR WHEN THE EPISODE WAS AIRED?

I'm just hope that this isn't some deliberate ploy by someone or a group of people. Why now??

chillaxin 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

Well from the Grammy’s perspective, they could care less about a liberation t-shirt. In fact the mess could work to give greater credence to the message of Love Yourself in spite of others

Love__Peace 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

i too hope he is o.k we all know his personality 😥

shy_kpop_girl 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

When i first read this on the internet it sounded like he went to this Japanese show wearing that t-shirt which I was puzzled as to why the staff and other members, as well as Jimin, wouldn't think that would be controversial regardless if there was any ill intent or not. Then I learned this was over a year ago on Bon Voyage 2? Sheesh!

Love_myself 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

I am not fully aware of the issues between Korea and Japan. But I will continue my support for BTS as they changed me with meaningful messages in their songs

NaemJock 7 days ago 7
7 days ago

"The shirt's contents dealt with Korea's liberation from Japanese occupation, as well as the end of Japanese imperialism."?

No, the shirt had an image of the atomic bomb on it.

ARMYs are willing to dismiss this but I wonder what would have happened if one of your faves would dance into the states, wearing a shirt celebrating 9/11.

tikijj 7 days ago 2
7 days ago

It is believed that 70,000 Korean forced laborers died in the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings. This is one of the biggest reasons why Koreans would never celebrate the tragedy. The shirt design is a chronological representation of the Korean independence from Imperial Japan.

If you're going to compare 9/11 to the Japanese atrocities leading up to the atomic bombings, then consider this:

- Historians estimate 500,000 Korean women were abducted as sex-slaves by the Japanese. They had to face up to 40 men per day. Most of these women were either executed or died from physical trauma.

- 450,000 Korean men were involuntarily taken to Japan as forced laborers.

- An estimated of 250,000 Chinese, Koreans, and Mongolians were subjected to horrifying medical experiments by the Japanese.

- 200,000 Korean men and women were worked as forced laborers under unimaginable conditions.

- 200,000 Korean men were conscripted by the Japanese to fight their wars.

- Imperial Japan's colonialism began in 1910 and ended in 1945. Koreans were considered to be sub-human during this period.

In spite of all their atrocities, Japan still teaches their children that Japan was the victim and not the other way around. You're trying to do the same here.

MidnightKpop 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

This is shocking and sobering facts you just listed at how low human can go. I sometimes wonder what my actions would be if I was a Japanese soldier carrying out the horrific decisions of Japanese leaders knowing I would face harsh punishment or death if I don't comply. I like to think I would rather face harsh punishments and maybe even death. I want to run away from such orders but fear of punishment to my family in Japan would also way heavily on such decisions. I'll never know until I'm faced with such decisions. That is one of reason I can come to understand these kind of atrocities done by the masses. Although the raping by the masses is harder to understand as I don't think I would be severely punished if I don't comply as more likely I would probably be ridiculed etc. Complying would be against my moral ethic and slap in the face to all the important females in my life. Though the temptation and urge would be extreme when you know you can and encouraged by peers. That's why power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. This is true from the leader all the way down to the individual soldiers in the army. I like to think I'll NEVER do such things but I would only really know when I'm truly tested in such situations.

superkintaro 6 days ago 0

Anonymous150 7 days ago 3
7 days ago

You’re argument is wrong, 9/11 is an act of terrorism during peacetime. Who in the right mind would glorify 9/11? The bombing of Hiroshima is an act of retaliation by USA when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor and for refusing to surrender after Germany in WWII. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. I’m not condoning the act but Japan has brought it upon themselves. The fashion statement was taken out context. The hipocrisy of Japanese asking Jimin and his agency to apologize when last month they just used the flag of the rising sun during naval fleet review hosted by South Korea. It’s a symbol of Japanese Invasion during WWII. And up to this day, Japan has not owned up to the mass genocide and violation of human rights they have inflicted during Japanse occupation and continues to uneducate their people about the truth of their atrocities.

3 more replies

JKJ 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

Of course!!! You have a entire generation of young Japanese people growing up loving Kpop.....with worse yet for Japan! Idolizing Koreans!!!! I live in Japan, and it is a serious threat to their national identity! They will make up any excuse to keep the Kpop promotions to a minimum....Wouldn't be surprised if they start to try and ban Youtube! Unfortunately for JPop, Kpop just crushes it on all levels!!! Japan will have to alter their style of pop....and make it maybe less cute and child like and more mature and international!

Love__Peace 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

J-media trying too hard dragging this issue, nothing gonna happen to BTS if broadcast stations think appearance is a big deal then i guess DOME tour is more important than it 👊

BTS manage to sell 327+k copies in just i day so why they even need to worry 💪 anyway I'm happy BTS now can take a rest than they planned to have

Stopudelulu 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

LOL. Bts is not even attending most of the programs due to schedule conflicts. Don't trust the jap medias. There are already some articles that have clarified the issues. Do your research akp

NekoMinSeo 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

Honestly I think this is getting blown out of proportion. I feel like this is not about the shirt at all in the end, but just Japan being like "muh!" towards S.Korea because of the recent political tension. If you've been following their relationship during the past years it's been sort of a constant indirect biting at eachother in one way or another. Now BTS is just the trend right now and so of course something that happened in the past would be brought up while other celebrities doing it is no problem (hello, double standard). I realize the shirt is distateful even if the intention was not to celebrate the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings, I'm not defending that under any means, but keep in mind the awfully convenient time all this is happening in and ask yourself some questions of what's the real problem behind all this. It's just naive to take this situation at face value.

NORM 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

This is NOT abt the shirt. its cos of the current politics, but they are using Jimin's shirt as an excuse to back out.

(if it was just cos of the shirt they wouldn't have canceled twice as well)

changminbaby 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

people trying so hard to drag this issue

allkpop need to blow this up,make articles everyday about this, bad news is your good news

anyway im happy they are resting

Rainbow_Pearls 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

bts have dome concert lol they ain't going to this stupid end year stupid program they are too busy

robocop52 7 days ago 1
7 days ago

They have been invited only to one of them, the author of the Korean article was wrong.

LaniJ 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

I don't think so, I remember reading the actual article sometime earlier and it said that they had invited them but withdrew their invitations.

teejim 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

I read somewhere that this shirt jimin was wearing was back in 2017 so why are they bringing it up now?

Kiciana 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

Meanwhile Japan refuses to own up to comfort women issue, they don't educate youth about it and are butt-hurt that South Korea does not remove the statue for memory of comfort women. They never care about owning up to their own wrongdoings and just care about their face. Just shows you they don't want to learn from history at all so I would shove the nuclear bombing pictures in their government faces every chance I got. Also South Korea should ban any Japanase performances as well until they apologise. F them.

Winston 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

The same thing is like having a Japanese member wearing a Rising Sun T-shirt i guess, i think idol groups who have foreign members or promote in other countries must understand some taboos and customs to take note off, and some slangs and icons may be offensive to others.

Andaru 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

Lol Jokes on them. They don't need Japan.

shyloone 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

hmmm well i think its time to move on dont you think, all the fans in japan be the only ones suffering, there loss then i guess

Symera 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

Seriously? Because of a F******g T-Shirt? Isn't that a bit overreacting?

BangtanVIP 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

what's wrong with them ? I mean its not like this did not happen. He is Korean and has every right to wear a shirt like that. This doesn't mean he hates Japanese or similar.

JMJPJCYBKY 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

No other countries hold so much resentment towards each other due to what happened during the war. Millions were killed in the Holocaust and you don't see Europeans blacklisting foreign artists.

I get that there's tension and anger, I just don't see why it should affect music.

hyukki 1 day ago 0
1 day ago

It's their loss, not BTS's

DsChubba 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

Do you honestly think a memeber of BTS would wear a shirt to purposely terrorise Japanese people? He is Korean with Korean and Japanese friends. This shirt is clearly a statement of showing the painful truth of war and the break from it where Korea was liberated. This is of historical purpose and is not meant to threat or intimidate anyone. BTS, if anything, are very politically sensitive and have always advocated as respectful and encouraging members of the world. The only reason I was compelled to comment this was not because of a shirt Jimin had worn several years ago, but how ridiculously the Japanese media and tv networks have responded to this and turned it into some scapegoated misguided attack on Korean popularity and identity. The overreaching sensitivity needs to end before they push us right back into the past.

Soulbrother 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

Who are the actual adults here?

Sassysly555 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

sorry but don't these idols have a stylist? just curious who's more at fault here, jimin or the ppl who dress them?

Namj00nlt3 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

This isn't about BTS, what they're doing is purely political. All the war crimes that Japan committed significantly impacted Koreans, and there's still tension between the two countries because they won't apologize for their wrongdoings. They think money will "compensate" for everything, but they haven't done anything to make the Koreans feel any better about the two countries' past. I hope the Japanese government fixes their problem of not admitting their mistakes in the past, they need to apologize before they can fix their relationship with Korea. Honestly if their plan is to leave BTS out, well, it's their loss. @Japanese fans, please prove that these music shows are making the wrong move by boycotting literally one of the biggest boy groups in the entire entertainment industry. I hope the BTS members don't blame themselves for this event, they worked hard to earn everything they have right now and politics shouldn't ruin their careers.

FakeIsMyLove 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

i know Jimin would never do this because he is such a kind individual but id be wearing the shirt again and be like "fuck all you's. I do what I want. How you gonna get mad at you oppressing my ancestors for years." But I'm just a sarcastic bitch and jimin is a little cute angel.

ebbie28 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

Is this in retaliation to the fans who were concern about that Japanese producer guy.. Cause to find a past Shirt that Jimin had on , in which the complaint about the guys was something he said in the past as well.. It just look like this is the case .. But its very petty , specifically when Japan know that did all that shit that the Shirt said.. So what he is free to speak his mind no one should forget what happen yeah time moves on but no one should forget.. Why so it won't be repeated again..

lacreme 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

Putting the atomic bombing picture on the t-shirt is wrong, period. Koreans always have this beef against Japanese and the designer's explanation is pure hogwash. The company that made the t-shirt also made a design about Dokdo so it's really anti-Japanese

whatever101 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

leave it to some ya'll ARMY to be as MESSY as always

these comments are extremely ignorant and disturbing. The fact people are so heavily focused on the Korea's Liberation and not the atomic bomb picture of the shirt when Jimin knew damn well he could worn a million other better shirts and was even warned about it perfectly sums up the world we live today.

Just because Japan is messy af with dealing with its history doesn't give us the right to ignore their own feelings over the Atomic Bomb, at the end of the day you're pushing a US vs THEY narrative that is exactly the reason why places like America are so fked up at the moment.

noble654321 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

I do not why this became a problem, if foreign artist trying promote their music in certain country they should show respect to that country despite of their past wrongdoings, also their are more Korean artists releasing Japanese and Korean albums and performing in japan and then Japanese artist performing in Korea or releasing their album and main reason for that is because Japanese music industry is second largest after U.S despite K-POP growing.

Mkm 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

did bts even have time with all end of the year korean award shows and their tour on top of that.. I don't think soo.. and it wont affect their popularity or the love they get from the world so thanks anyway ;)

Mitch1 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

after china, its now japan..the agencies must be cryin

hiroonakamura 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

japanese racism at its worst

aldebaran 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

ohh now koreans are angry because japan is doing what koreans wanted to do with japaneses idols in first place...

2fat 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

Oh well. When your own "standards" come back to bite you in the ass. Koreans don't like the rising sun flag. The Japanese don't like mushroom clouds. Stalemate.

lemonpop 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

Why do they even make that kind of shirts if they cause huge mess?

ravenftw 7 days ago 1
7 days ago

Bighit has brought this upon itself by refusing to make a statement, after the issue started gaining traction. Whenever a celebrity is caught up in an issue they have been able to move on after an apology. In this case, the company could at least issue a clarification statement. The makers of the shirt itself have issued a statement. For Bighit to not say anything makes matters worse.

Stopudelulu 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

Nah the matter already died down. Bighit dont have to apologize. Stop your bullshit

NJMSJMDCT_TW 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

They still lose lots of money though.

Namstar_Ash 7 days ago 0

You can keep it.

AlexisChan 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

his shirt was in poor taste

judithleexd 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

Hmmm. I think it's hard for anyone who is neither japanese or korean to comment, due to the feelings being involved because of the nations pride and losses.

I actually dont really want to defend jimin, but at the same time i dont want to have a go at him.

Koreans have a problem with the rising sun and it seems japanese people have a problem with the atomic bomb symbol. I cant in good concious fault in why japanese people feel as they do in regards to the symbol, and vice versa with koreans and the rising (the actual image of the rising sun and none of that bs in similar images of the rising sun).

Im all for celebrating independence, but im not for celebrating the deaths of human lives. On either side. And sadly for me, i think the atomic bomb can be interpreted for doing that

jeyjin 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

Both Korea and Japan are really sensitive about this. It doesn't help that the victims and the victimizers are still alive and they remember. This isn't something that can be fixed quickly ; maybe it can't be fixed at all.

MidnightKpop 7 days ago 2
7 days ago

I think both side should not be blamed for their actions. What BTS shirt intent might be liberation from imperialism but there is a picture of atomic bomb which to Japanese is a symbol of their loss of war and more importantly loss of tens of thousands of innocent civilian. The action of Japan and Germany represents the worst of human actions during time of war and horrific to say the least and leaders deserve punishment and countries pay retribution. Though I think atomic bombs were justified, the Japanese's media action is understandable as it's a painful reminder. Just like it's also a symbol of finally ending the war and liberation to the rest of the world. Big Hit will be lot more sensitive to such political statements in the future though be it good or bad thing going forward.

2fat 6 days ago 1
6 days ago

Try a quarter of a million, more like 250 thousand and at least 70k Koreans were living in those two cities. The loss of civilian life was huge. Two bombs killed 250 thousand people. It's why no country should ever use it again.

MidnightKpop 6 days ago 0

Ok corrected my op.

Sissya89 7 days ago 4

that's crazy!!!

LaniJ 7 days ago 3
7 days ago

What's crazy is that the Japanese public was so fast to condemn them. I swear 70-80% of people are right-wingers in Japan. Amongst the very few people and articles that showed support, there were some business type of articles that pointed out how Japanese had no difference of opinion on the matter and that was alarming (basically they all immediately embraced this new anti-Korean boom). Apart from that, there was a very thoughtful article written by a prestigious Japanese brain scientist that made an interesting case of how it was wrong to turn BTS down. There were prolly couple more and ofc jarmys (whose opinion barely mattered, right-wingers dismissed them and call them brainless girls). Then there's Yahoo! where 99% of comments had 5-80k likes which were mostly anti-Korean. Moreover I saw so much misinformation and propaganda, jnetz are the definition of jobless; they even defeat armys in that regard.

Overall a very disturbing and hateful side of the Japanese folks. I don't know about any of you but when their next comeback comes around I will go all out and advertise BTS everywhere I know of. Japanese new propaganda is that BTS did not even deserve #1 on BB200 when they accomplished that from pure sales alone lol - I swear they are delusional. And they are somehow convinced that Japan is their main market when out of the 2mil sales of LY:Answer only 200-250k were from Japan? Sadly BTS isn't completely untouchable. Armys we got work to do. Keep streaming~

ravenftw 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

I don't think its fair to call the Japanese 'right wing' for being upset about the shirt. That shirt is insensitive and should not be in stores to begin with. Bighit is making this worse by not issuing any sort of clarification statement. Also Jnetz and knetz don't represent the regular citizens of their country.

Not_interested 6 days ago 1
6 days ago

Koreans are also anti Japan tho.It's not one sided.

growlin 4 days ago 0
4 days ago

Koreans are anti-Japanese for a good reason though. Also, most Koreans don't hate Japanese people. What's insensitive is Japan not acknowledging their crimes and then getting mad over a T-shirt. People need to see the root of the problem.

NineMusesMinha 6 days ago 0

karma

walkertexasrange 6 days ago 2
6 days ago

Is this the beginning of the end of the BTS reign

Lindsy 6 days ago 1

no. you fucking idiot

Lindsy 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

Not even in your weirdest imagination psycho!!!

BeaF 7 days ago 2
7 days ago

I think we're going to watch BTS fall, hope I'm wrong.

Stopudelulu 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

Nah not until yg and sm diminished

Mhizdarhmey 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

YOU ARE FREAKING WRONG!!!! bts ain't going down anytime soon so keep your thoughts That Won't germinate not to talk of bloom to yourself 😛😛

WNter 7 days ago 1
7 days ago

Right desision. Wear your shirts with atomic bombs as much as you want. At home. There is no need of Korean nationalists in Japan.

teleri 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

Believe he DID wear it at home....

nctlty 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

Jimin again with his behaviour is harming BTS reputation. He should be ASHAMED I know for a fact how the members feel so annoyed at jimin and his actions. I hope some big punishment comes for him. Maybe even kick him out of the group. REAL BTS members FIGHTING

Cheo 7 days ago 0

That's hilarious.

braddahbraddah 7 days ago 9
7 days ago

I've alway said that eventually things will start to go downhill for BTS. It's usually the same:
- rise from the bottom

- get extremely popular

- then people will turn on you and start to hate you

this pass week so much negative scandals on BTS.

Stopudelulu 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

So much? What are the others??? Don't try to exaggerate things kid

Mhizdarhmey 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

Why not keep your sayin to yourself? Scandals my lovely foot!

-10

cpttsubasa 7 days ago 6
7 days ago

This wouldnt be such an issue if bts already had apologized. But it seems their popularity and global success made them arrogant. Thats what is usually the same.

6 more replies

-10

Illsick 7 days ago 3
7 days ago

About time. Japan shouldn't have to disrespect from a non-native boy band who are openly mocking the bombing of their country. I wish Japan would stand up to more to kpop companies and stop allowing them to perform in their country if they will continue to bash them. Don't support the kpop economy if it means a slap in the face.

Mhizdarhmey 6 days ago 2
6 days ago

Im glad you just admitted Japan is jealous of kpop achievements....it's not like kpop will fall just because Japanese don't listen

Illsick 6 days ago 1
6 days ago

Kpop achievements...what are those again? Is that the tiny, microscopic speck that worms leave behind as a sign they just defacated?

Japan has lasted and grown buggger than Korea. All Korea can do is copycat from other stronger nations and it Korean when its really trash.

If Japan didn’t allow any kpop act to perform and didn’t allow kpop acts to promote their music...nobody would even care and that oversaturatsd market of C level talent that you worship would go bankrupt.

Sleep on that

Namj00nlt3 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

what the hell I don't see any japanese singers or groups at the AMAs

allkpop in your Inbox