Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by elliefilet AKP STAFF 17 days ago

IU opens up about her bond to her agency of 11 years

IU
IU opened up about her bond to her agency of 11 years, Kakao M (formerly known as LOEN Entertainment).

On the October 27th installment of 'Knowing Brothers', IU shared, "I've been with my agency for the past 11 years since my trainee days. My company has never pushed me into doing something even once. They've always treated me like a human. I think our CEO thought that I would go to a bigger agency after gaining some success."

She continued, "To be honest, it'd be a lie if I said I didn't have other thoughts. If a good offer comes in, I thought that I might go somewhere else." However, IU said she wanted to hear her company's thoughts with her contract renewal ahead, "The company had no thoughts of holding onto me. I was disappointed because they said, 'If you want to go somewhere better, what can we do.' So I made the bold move to re-sign with the company."

IU then added she did have a requirement for re-signing, expressing, "I was insistent that they make sure to take care of the team's wellbeing."
16 Share 80% Upvoted

aishajewel 16 days ago 0
16 days ago

Hyuna can’t relate 💀

krell 16 days ago 1
16 days ago

As observation, it is NOT so 'easy' for someone like IU to just 'move on' to ANOTHER different AGENCY. It *depends* on how that the AGENCY that you are LEAVING them does feel about it. For example, T-ARA Group had some initial 'friction' in their 'parting' with MBK (former CCM) Agency. But recently, HYOMIN (T-ARA member) did state that T-ARA members have somewhat 'mended fences' with MBK Agency. The 'logic' being that to CO-OPERATE to some extent, is likely BETTER than to be arguing in COURT with LAWYERS over 'Song Rights' forever.
For example, does HYUNA (past CUBE Agency) STILL have the option NOW, to perform her signature 'BUBBLE POP' song? I have NO IDEA. And it MAY be that CUBE Agency still retains FULL RIGHTS to the 'BUBBLE POP' song of HYUNA. The LEGAL aspects of a K-pop Idol (like IU) LEAVING an AGENCY can be COMPLEX.

krell 16 days ago 0
16 days ago

For example, I think that JYPe Agency (JYP 'himself') was pretty much 'OKAY' with having (past Wonder Girls) SUNMI 'move on' to a New Agency (MAKEUS Agency). For SUNMI, she realized that JYPe Agency was MORE interested in promoting SUZY (past MISS A) and TWICE Group, and newer YOUNGER AGE Talent that JYPe has it. I admire that SUNMI did figure it out to 'move on' as she did (change to a New Agency).

krell 16 days ago 1
16 days ago

For IU, KAKAO-M (LOEN) Agency is the 'Devil' that she KNOWS them. And IU has had a LOT of success with KM (LOEN) Agency. So, NOT that much a surprise that IU would re-sign a contract with them. SUZY (JYPe Agency ; did RE-SIGN with them) went through MUCH the same decision. The question with IU, would be the DURATION of the new contract with KM (LOEN) Agency. And IU's 'money percentages' ; how MUCH MONEY that she SHARES with the AGENCY, versus gets the MONEY for herself, would be important too.

krell 16 days ago 0
16 days ago

As added observation, I would say that IU *may* be 'under promoted' to Western Nations like USA and EURO ones. For example, BLACKPINK Group (YGe) just recently did a CONTRACT with UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP (Interscope Records) for USA based promotion and distribution of their MUSIC. As to WHAT exactly will come of that, DIFFICULT to know for certain. BUT again, I would say that IU (via KM LOEN Agency) needs to be looking at TRYING to get a similar situation (UMG level QUALITY USA distribution) happening for IU too.

SusanLiu 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

Here’s the male version of IU’s BbiBbi:

JKJ 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

IU sounds like the ideal girlfriend.....heck with that wife! So faithful and honest! My respect from for this artist just continues to grow!

hiroonakamura 17 days ago 6
17 days ago

so because she was disappointed in her agency, she decided to re-sign with them? She seems like a very logical person, IU...... NOT!

NORM 17 days ago 3
17 days ago

She was disappointed cos they didnt fight to renew her, but overall they treat her well, support her choices & she has no complaints so why change :)

walkertexasrange 17 days ago 2
17 days ago

Ain’t no loyalty in this business.

2 more replies

JoseIU 17 days ago 1
17 days ago

This site do not put the whole story in their article so if anyone just believe whatever they read on this site than they are Incredibly naive. She stay because of her company thoughtfulness of want the best for her. That is why if she find something better, the company will not hold her back. https://www.soompi.com/article/1253059wpp/iu-share...

hiroonakamura 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

thanks for the article! Soompi explained things much better

2NE1betterthanGG 17 days ago 1
17 days ago

Only me think IU is overrated?

aishajewel 16 days ago 0