Special Features, Original Features

Wondering what happened to former YG trainee Jeong Jin Hyung? Get the exclusive update on his debut here!

By yckim124   27 days ago   66,943   2,945   20
jeong-jin-hyung

Remember Jeong Jin Hyung from 'Mix & Match' - the competition program with YG trainees?

The show ultimately produced the group iKON. However, 2 trainees -Yang Hong Seok and Jeong Jin Hyung - left YG Entertainment after their elimination. Yang Hong Seok then transferred to Cube Entertainment, where he debuted in the group Pentagon.

After surviving the tough road to debut, everyone on 'Mix & Match' seem to have found their way but where is Jeong Jin Hyung?!

Well, we got answers, as well as some exciting news!

Rumors said that he's participating in the season 2 of Mnet idol survival program 'Produce 101'. However, that is false because he's actually preparing for a solo debut under S.F.R Entertainment!

A rep from S.F.R Entertainment stated to allkpop that it's true that Jeong Jin Hyung was given an offer to participate in 'Produce 101' season 2. However, he politely declined as he wanted to focus on his music production.

Currently, Jeong Jin Hyung is working hard for his debut single which is expected to be released in the latter half of 2017. Through his label, Jeong Jin Hyung expressed his wish to repay the love with great music for the fans who've long-awaited for him. He also shared that he wants to use his interest in music, as well as fashion to expand his career and collaborate with diverse artists in the future.

You can follow and keep up to date with Jeong Jin Hyung on Instagram @jay_thewhimsical. You can also check out an exclusive video of Jeong Jin Hyung right below!

Now, who's excited for the long-awaited debut of Jeong Jin Hyung?

SEE ALSO: 2PM's Taecyeon discusses the topics of entering the Western market, joining the army, and more

1. Jeong Jin Hyung

amheizing 24 days ago

I'm excited to see him make his debut! All the best, Jin Hyung! 😊💗

lolitea 26 days ago

since when is he this gorgeous?! *o*

idgafily 26 days ago

so sad when he was eliminated...he's gotten cuter...wishing him all the best

crystaldiaaz 26 days ago

OMG I THOUGHT HE QUIT THE MUSIC SCENE! I'M SO HYPED! I was voting for him during MIX&MATCH. I'M SO READY OMG I can't wait!

xoxoshawol 26 days ago

OMG! MY BABE IS FINALLY MAKING HIS DEBUT!!!!!!!! I can't wait. This was completely unexpected.

verney 26 days ago

I remember him being so hardworking on Mix and Match! I'm glad to see that he's finally making his debut :)

drwsyhmz 27 days ago

aww i miss him. glad he's doing so fine

Puleun 27 days ago

He face kind of reminds me of Bobby. Especially when he's smiling. But it's good to see him doing something; I hope he find success in his debut.

Puleun 27 days ago

*His

Nutella_is_life 27 days ago

I also think he resembles this guy a bit(the one on the right) >>>> (He's the lead singer of a new japanese group called 'THE RAMPAGE from EXILE Tribe' and I don't usually like j-pop that much, but these kids have some serious skills and you should check out their new song Frontiers because it's so cool

Nutella_is_life 27 days ago

He is still pretty… Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Pretty.

really