K-Much talk about their group name + role models Crayon Pop

by alim17
  • 9
  • 3
  • 42
  • 15413
  • 685

Chrome Entertainment's boy group K-Much dropped their debut MV for "Good to Go" earlier this month, and they recently sat down with Sports DongA to talk about their group name as well as their labelmates Crayon Pop.

On their name "K-Much" (Translation: Snakehead), member Loki said, "Of course, I felt averse to it. I told my parents, and they cried. They must have been really upset. However, as time passed, I got used to and attached to the name 'Snakehead.' I'm sure that as we diligently promote, the public will ease into the name. We will make it that way."

Kiu also mentioned their sunbae group, Crayon Pop: "Crayon Pop sunbaes are our guides, and our role models. They are the ones who blazed the trail for us. If it weren't for them, I wonder if we would have received this much interest even before our debut."

G.LOW said, "However, as we are becoming more recognized, a certain stereotype seems to be appearing too. Most people don't even watch our performances and think of us as Crayon Pop imitators, which makes me upset sometimes. I think it is something we need to overcome no matter what."

SEE ALSO: Crayon Pop's success story to be published as a comic book

They also talked about how their title song "Good to Go" might be based on Crayon Pop's "Bar Bar Bar", but it was produced to have a more masculine sound. The members even wear tough-looking uniforms for the performances. Interestingly, though, Bornus revealed that they were originally going to wear various costumes that might even have snakehead figures on them. To their relief, Crayon Pop asked the chief to make the group look cool, which is how they got to wear tough uniforms instead.

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 41 comments

Sort by:

mayra-lopez
· Posted January 16, 2014 @ 11:45 am

awee they deserve more respect also k-much FIGHTING! <3

babyblackjack
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 7:18 pm

FIGHTING K-MUCH!

shortynosheen
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 6:26 pm
I love k-much FIGHTING!!!

hoewon
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 5:44 pm

Thank you Crayon Pop for making them into what they are now (-:. The song sounds cute to me, idk why. But I can't wait for their later releases!

swifty1004
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 4:13 pm

It's called NOISE MARKETING and you idiots who like or even hate are just playing by their books, so even though they suck, props to their management for pulling off more PR than any random nugu debut boy band nowadays.

nadiew9
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 1:31 pm

Never heard of them until now, but is it just me, or does the blond guy look just like Wilbur Pan? o_O

swifty1004
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 4:14 pm
you're a perfect example for a successful marketing

serphi
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 12:27 pm

I'm lost.. how can K-much translated to snakehead ?

K-much in Korea is snakehead ?

ktaeng
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 3:21 pm
가물치 (gamulchi) is their name in Korean, I'm guessing that translates to Snakehead. I think K-Much is just supposed to be a "cool" way to romanize it. (I'm not a fan and don't know much about them so this is all just my guess.)
serphi
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 10:40 pm
@ktaeng hooo.. i thought K-much is already in english so no need translation.. btw thanks for your answer..

samoankpoper21
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 11:58 am

Awwww Crayon Pop are sweethearts :') #ToFebruary Giveaway

mradam
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 11:32 am

First, respect your sunbae Crayon Pop since they are the one that through most hardship to get recognize.

I will support K-Much and just dont care to haters..

xeerrreex
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 11:19 am

I don't get why you guys are complaining. These guys have great live vocals and their song is cool and catchy. If you still don't like the song, there are more songs in their album. If they like what they do, you have no right to complain and talk bad about them.

godragon88
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 10:48 am
Yg gets mad at winner vocal for tryin to sound to like bigbang. And here chrome ent is telling them to become crayon pops shadow. ..

Whitney
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 10:37 am

I didnt check them out yet, but now I will, they look good

gao-thao
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 9:56 am

Fighting! ^^

always_forever
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 9:50 am

Their song sounded like Bar Bar Bar, and I couldn't take them seriously with that choreo+outfits.

meeemeeee
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 9:44 am

hmmm kreative-much?

stillrun
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 9:34 am

Crayon Pop is really cool and i love the girls so K-Much will do their best! fighting^^

creamary
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 9:28 am
I think they're taught or told to tell that Crayon Pop is their role model.. I feel like all groups do the same. I feel bad for them. Their agency just wants to get Crayon Pop's name out there more..

legacy-allstar
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 9:25 am

they look really manly in the pic above........ me like

kpauburn
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 9:14 am

Sounds like they owe Crayon Pop a lot ;) Especially concerning their outfits.

cabbage-tao
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 8:17 am

How do you take a group that looks up to crayon pop seriously? :/

sofarsoyul
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 10:51 pm
Maybe because Crayon Pop is their seniors and they have had around a year and a half worth of experience, a large part of which was being denied on music shows and instead working/performing hard on the streets. That's how they look up to Crayon Pop, as do I.