Create your K-Pop Dream Team!

Create your K-Pop Dream Team and see how they rank in the allkpop Fantasy League!

Create!

Baek Ji Young reported to have suffered a miscarriage

June 27, 2013 @ 1:57 am
by starsung
  • 0
  • 0
  • 243
  • 111601
  • 612
Singer Baek Ji Young (38) has been reported to have suffered a miscarriage.

A rep from her agency said, "It is very unfortunate. We are also in a state of shock. It is the truth. Because it happened so suddenly, we are left in disbelief. The couple were so joyful when they first heard the news of their pregnancy. We don't know how this could have happened."

Baek Ji Young and Jung Suk Won previously announced the good news of their expectancy and tied the knot on the 2nd. The newlywed couple also postponed their honeymoon to focus on the health of Baek Ji Young and her expectant newborn.

Baek Ji Young is currently said to be recovering in a hospital in Seoul with the support of her family by her side.

SEE ALSO: [Album Review] Epik High - 'Shoebox'

Source + image: Sports Chosun

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 243 comments

Sort by:

inkkimu
· Posted August 15, 2013 @ 12:59 am

so sorry for her T_T... but but but, why doesn't she have a belly??? according to an earlier allkpop article she supposed to give birth this fall... shouldn't the pregnancy have already been showing?

hallyugi
· Posted June 28, 2013 @ 1:14 pm

Oh no ToT Praying for her recovery, both physically and emotionally. A woman in my family has suffered 2 miscarriages before, and it is absolutely heartbreaking. Hope she is surrounded by love and family <3

atynkatsumi
· Posted June 28, 2013 @ 1:00 pm

This is heartbreaking..........

endrina
· Posted June 28, 2013 @ 12:31 am

This is so heartbreaking I wish her a speedy recovery and I hope she's surrounded by the people she loves. I'm just wondering though whether her age played a factor in the miscarriage? Pregnancies get more dangerous as mothers get older, mostly due to the eggs not being as healthy as when they were younger. Anyway, losing a baby is never easy but with the help of her husband and family members, nothing is impossible.

aiyugwiyeoweo
· Posted June 28, 2013 @ 12:09 am

stay strong and recover well

genesisolivia94
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 11:11 pm

that is so horrible but at her age it wasnt healthy to  get pregnant

tothemoonandback
· Posted June 28, 2013 @ 12:06 am
she's only 37, she can perfectly have a healthy pregnancy and baby, only that this time maybe stress didn't let her carry the pregnancy to term
urbeautiful
· Posted June 28, 2013 @ 12:22 am
@tothemoonandback Actually, past the age of 30 it is a lot riskier for the mother and the child.
Biingo
· Posted June 29, 2013 @ 7:52 pm
@urbeautiful "riskier", yes, but not "unhealthy"
Naomiboo
· Posted July 1, 2013 @ 4:12 pm
@urbeautiful actually its past 40, but it is different for different peopl
tothemoonandback
· Posted July 2, 2013 @ 6:03 pm
@Naomiboo @urbeautiful is past the age of 38 that increase the chances that the child will develop of the pair trisomy 21 (Down syndrome) and other genetic conditions, but still, you can have a perfectly healthy baby
tothemoonandback
· Posted July 2, 2013 @ 6:05 pm
trisomy of the pair 21, sorry :)
Naomiboo
· Posted July 4, 2013 @ 6:42 am
@tothemoonandback i remembred the number to be around 40, my mum had my little brother at 40 so i know about the risks, but my brother turned out to be very healthy

siobhan
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 10:45 pm

OMG!!!! NO!!!!!! This is so sad ....... heartbreaking ....... let's keep her and her husband in our prayers ..... and also both sides of the families

destiel
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 10:33 pm

This is heartbreaking. I hope that her heart recovers from this tragedy :( I can't even imagine...

odsen24
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 8:34 pm

Baek Ji young, fighting! Hope you will feel better. :)

salemvip
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 8:20 pm

When something like this happens its just devastating I hope she gets better soon and I wish her the best. It's so upsetting cause they were so excited about the pregnancy I just can't imagine.

RinHitokiri
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 8:17 pm

I feel so bad for her. I hope that she will recover quickly.

thatkpopfan123
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 7:27 pm

Omygosh....that's just awful..

Please get better, Unnie and stay strong!!

soshieffxt
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 6:23 pm

ㅠㅠ so sad news :c a while ago the pregnancy and the wedding it was all so happy, poor Jiyoung unnie and SukWon... I hope they can stay strong and recover quickly, they can pass through all this <3 Fighting unnie~!

aardbei
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 6:07 pm

That's such a terrible news! They were a happy married couple expecting their first child and  now they're probably just a sad couple crying over the loss of this baby!! So sad!!

I hope they will be there to support each other in this difficult period!

valiekpoplove
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 5:01 pm

Stay strong. Even though it wil be very hard. I hope you get better soon. Stay strong.

muchloveforkpop
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 4:27 pm

Stay strong Baek Ji Young! Come back even stronger just like you've always done...

soshi_shinee_loverpa
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 4:25 pm

I remembered when my mom lost my sister in her stomach, my mom would constantly say she is not for us and cried so much and it took her long for her to recover, I hope Baek JiYoung will recover soon. hoping for the best.

starfirechik
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 4:23 pm

Oh my God no D: it sucks even more that the media knows.

JessicaRabbit123
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 3:50 pm

Oh my gosh... I wish the best for her recovery, mentally and physically.

weirdchubbygirl
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 3:31 pm

Awww this is such a sad thing to hear. Having a miscarriage is an awful experience. I would never want to experience such a horrible feeling. I hope they keep trying and don't give up! Have faith, BJY. I wish her and her husband the best. Poor baby :(