Taking a journey into the past to explore Korea's rich traditional culture is always a treat. As we anticipate more K-dramas premiering later this year, here are five captivating historical K-dramas to immerse yourself in while you wait.
1. "The Moon Embracing the Sun": A love story between King Lee Hwon and a female shaman named Wol. This series combines the thrill of political mind games and the ups and downs of finding your way back to your true love.
2. "The King's Affection": When her twin is killed, Park Eun Bin, who plays the role of Lee Hwi, takes her brother's place. While hiding her true identity, she finds herself slowly falling in love unexpectedly.
3. "The Red Sleeve": A royal court romance between the King of Joseon and a court lady who wants to protect the life she's chosen, "The Red Sleeve" is guaranteed to grab your attention from the start.
4. "Lovers of the Red Sky": Fantasy, tradition, and love come together in this beautiful series wherein a female painter meets a mysterious astrologer with magical powers.
5. "Moonlight Drawn by Clouds": Pretending to be a man, Ra-On works as a political eunuch. Working closely with Prince Lee Yeong, their relationship starts to bloom over time.
The beautiful scenery, clothing, and acting make historical K-dramas worth the watch, don't you think?