Fans are eagerly awaiting the release of Song Joong Ki's new drama "Chaebol Family's Youngest Son," and with the recent teaser that was released, it has fans even more on edge; it seems as though rags-to-riches plotlines are becoming the trend as we even have "The Golden Spoon" gaining much traction among viewers. If you're an avid fan of rags-to-riches stories, well, here are seven dramas to watch to satisfy your craving!
1. "The Inheritors": Best friends who are now enemies, tense familial relationships, secret affairs, oh boy, talk about high school drama. Centered around a group of elite, wealthy high school students and a poor young girl thrust into the tense world of the rich, "The Inheritors" is bound to get you feeling all sorts of emotions.
2. "The Business Proposal": A fake engagement is all it takes for main characters Shin Hari, a commoner, and Kang Taemoo, heir to one of the largest food conglomerates in South Korea, to fall in love with each other!
3. "Full House": A top star actor who finds himself in a sticky situation upon trying to purchase a house, which was falsely put on the market by the female lead's "best friends." A story of scamming, betrayal, and love, this is surely one of the classic rags to riches to dramas to watch!
4. "Shining Inheritance": Treat others the way that you would want to be treated; after going through a series of unfortunate events, a commoner is led to inherit a vast fortune after an act of kindness!
5. "Goong": What would life be like if South Korea was still ruled by a monarchy, well, that's the case in "Goong!" Upon finding herself whisked into an arranged marriage with the Crown Prince of all people, Go Eun Chan learns what it takes to be the princess of South Korea.
6. "Secret Garden": The CEO of a shopping mall finds himself falling in love with a stunt woman, an interesting twine of fates, as they soon find out what it's really like living in each other's shoes!
7. "Cinderella and the Four Knights": Four wealthy brothers and an overly optimistic female lead who ends up being offered a job that everyone would be jealous of, "Cinderella and the Four Knights," is surely a world you'd want to step into!
It can't get anymore more classic than this trope. After all, who doesn't love a good rags-to-riches story?