Victim from Kang Ji-hwan's case reportedly tried to call 13 times.
Actor Kang Ji-hwan recently made a statement apologizing to the victims about the malicious comments they're receiving online because they didn't directly call police.
In response to netizen accusations, their lawyer revealed to Channel A on the 14th that "the reason why the victims weren't able to reach police was because there was no cell service at the house."
According to the lawyer, "Victim 'A's phone call records revealed that she tried to make a total of 13 calls to police and Kang Ji-hwan's agency officials and acquaintances to no avail. She was able to send the SMS message to the acquaintance because of an available WI-FI connection."
An official in-charge of the Gangwon branch confirmed that he received a report of a repeated caller from that night but they weren't able to make a direct connection.
In the meantime police recently summoned the acquaintance that made the 112 call and are continuing investigations in the alleged sexual assault.
- 1. [+187, -91] ㅋㅋㅋHow are we supposed to trust this? Isn't the emergency line supposed to work anywhere..at anytime?? ㅋㅋAlso, it's a celebrities house how in the world is there no cell service?? ㅋㅋㅋ
- 2 .[+154, -36] She wasn't able to make an emergency call but was able to send an SMS ㅋㅋ
- 3. [+138, -37] Just stop with this stinky bulls**t...cancel the 2nd round...it's obvious they're lying...why aren't you arresting them?
- 4. [+138, -68] I think we're going to need a polygraph...first the other woman said her clothes were in disarray because he molested her but she got drunk and fell asleep so wouldn't your clothes be messed up in that situation?? We need a thorough exam at this point..
- 5. [+43, -4] But isn't the emergency number supposed to work under any circumstance...
- 6. [+37, -4] 112 calls are supposed to go through regardless of carrier or service...even if your phone is disconnected..
- 7. [+32, -1] It's very strange...if she wasn't able to send the call how was she able to send the SMS?? And why did she report that she was locked up in Kang Ji-hwan's house? It doesn't add up~