As the end of the investigationapproaches there are many misconceptionsabout Lee Seungri still circling around, which need to be cleared in order to see the whole picture. He was never accused of rape, sexual assault and neither did he share molka.
1. Lee Seungri was never accused of rape, harassment on any other type of sexual assault. Such thing was never mentioned in court, police reports and even by the press. Lee is considered "a rapist" only on non-Korean social medias due to misinformation. Unlike him, people such as Jung Joon-Young and Kim Sang Kyo have been proven guilty, and this is probably what caused the confusion. Lee has no victims and no one has accused him of harassment.
2. He wasn't a part of the molka chat. The confusion here, different from the non-existent rape accusations, is understandable. There were 23 investigated group chats, most of which business related. The screenshots released by SBS were only "re-enactments" and they weren't considered proof. Seungri did admit to sharing porn to a business chat which caused even more confusion to people who didn't follow the case closely. (See #8 for more information)
3. Seungri never admitted to using prostitution services despite the popular belief caused by fake news. Channel A released the story about Lee confessing he received sexual services but it was soon dismissed by his attorneys. It was actually Yoo Inseok who admitted he called prostitutes to his room. The only allegations Seungri had admitted to are sending porn to a business groupchat and violating the food sanitation act (registering club "Monkey museum" as a restaurant)
4. Seungri was not the owner of "Burning sun", he was the face of the club. He wasn't involved in management and barely had any information on how the club was ran since he owned 40% of Yuri holding's 20%.
5. The story about teenage girls getting raped and killed "with their uteruses pulled out" for snuff films in Burning sun was taken from a fictional book about Gangnam's nightlife written in 2009, long before the club even existed. This theory was widely spread by YouTube videos and young Twitter users but it's more of laughing stock.
6. There isn't consistent proof although this is what most of the public thinks. Many witnesses, including the women accused of providing sexual services, defended Lee in court, insisting that no one was ever paid for sexual favours. Most of the party guests attended with their families and significant others and Lee had paid for the tickets of all his guests. The fact that everyone who attended, not just women, had their flight and hotel arranged by Seungri is a huge flaw in the theory the police provided. The screenshots published by journalist Kang were proven to be tempered with as in messages were deleted, timestamps were changed and the whole tone of the conversations, taken out of context, were changed. The lack of evidence and all the receipts Lee brought to court left the police empty handed.
7. Seungri never denied access to his phone and took over 4 drug tests, all of them negative. Bad translation or even worse intentions sparked the idea that Lee never gave his phone to the police. Ironically, at the same time the Korean medias released a video of him leaving the police station, answering loud and clear to the reporters that "Yes. Yes, (he) submitted it."
8. Seungri never shared molka but he did share porn. Lee admitted to sharing one inappropriate consensual picture, sent to him by a friend. Although it does sound harmless, porn is illegal in Korea and he will most probably be fined.
9. An anti-Corruption Team is working on the case, making sure no one is being bribed or forced into anything. Due to this the investigation team was changed two times whenever the smallest hint of corruption was sensed.
10. Seungri claimed he had only seen one 20 second video which Jung Joo-Young had shown him. According to him a conflict between them arose. JJY supposedly promised this had occured only once and he would never do it again. In his official statement Seungri confessed he regrets believing him.