Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

Discussions
Posted by Anythingyg 12 days ago

How would you rather your idols be promoted?

these are the only two options, I’m sure we’d all ideally like both done properly but would you rather your group have a decent amount of music released but it never be promoted along with the group resulting in great and maybe ok charts but your fandom not really growing and your idol never having new opportunities to expand OR not as much music and year round promo resulting in continuous chart toppers, a growing fandom and plenty of other content?

I’m trying to see something

1. B.A.P
  2. Big Bang
  3. Black Pink
  4. (Bangtan Boys) BTS
  5. CLC
  6. GOT7
  7. iKON
  8. PRISTIN
  9. Seventeen
  10. TWICE
6 1,052 Share 40% Upvoted

ROPPONGI_3K 12 days ago 0
12 days ago

First of all, it really seems like you lack understanding in how music business works, if you think those are only two options.

If you pay attention to charts and album sales,you'll know why there are so many comebacks and why agencies are more invested in touring than standard marketing.

Second of all, you forget that extensive promoting doesn't result in better sales or chart placements.

Agencies work on low cost/high profit principle,it's how business works. Doesn't really have to do anything with fandoms.

Third, every aspect of creative content is regulated by agencies, unless you are independent. Unless they ask you to produce tracks, you can't claim any rights or royalties from tracks, other than what percentage is written in your contract.

jeyjin 12 days ago 0
12 days ago

The media is pretty necessary now for any group if they want to be known

jeyjin 12 days ago 0
12 days ago

Where are you trying to go with that question? You're trying to guide people towards a particular response

Overman11 (Banned) 12 days ago 0
12 days ago

Comment has been deleted

nnani 12 days ago 0
12 days ago

Second one. I'm not a rude self centered bitch who wants people to plop down music for me every month, I'll happily wait. I'd rather people take their time, focus on making their music liked to their pleasing and stressfree. I have no problem waiting.

stephkang 12 days ago 0
12 days ago

I mean, PERSONALLY, I think ‘ideally’ the latter makes more sense; to have quality content and music while still having time for the artists to invest their time in other things that they want to pursue/invest but in a lot of cases, fans also like to see and hear more from their artists as a whole(not just solo or sub-unit activites). A lot of kpop artists, if not all, go through the ringer to give their best just for their fans every comeback but the quality of the fandoms and their development is very important as well.

WINNER