More details of T.O.P's marijuana charge revealed + government involvement rumors

By elliefilet   27 days ago   229,093   8,554   570
Big-Bang,TOP

More details about Big Bang T.O.P's marijuana use charge have been revealed.

SEE ALSO: Big Bang's 'Fantastic Baby' MV hits over 300 million views!

YG Entertainment has already confirmed T.O.P admitted to the charges, but reports say he initially denied the accusations. The Big Bang member and a female acquaintance in her 20s were found to have illegally smoked marijuana in his home on 3 different occasions between October 9-12 of last year.

T.O.P first told police, "It wasn't marijuana. It was an electronic cigarette." However, his acquaintance eventually admitted to the crime. Police also stated the acquaintance had multiple drug offenses on file already.

With T.O.P's marijuana charge, netizens are revisiting the supposed government connection to YG Entertainment, which sprang up late last year. Rumors are alleging Choi Soon Shil, the aide and friend of recently impeached South Korean President Park Geun Hye, has a financial stake in YGE and YGE-affiliated buildings.

Allegedly, this connection is why YG Entertainment labelmates, including Park Bom and G-Dragon, got away with their perspective drug scandals. Furthermore, there are speculations that T.O.P was charged for his drug use because YGE no longer has the protection of Choi Soon Shil, who was officially charged for intervening in state affairs last November.

What are your thoughts on the developments?

1. Big Bang
  2. T.O.P

Multifandomkk 25 days ago

I guess Yg can't use any excuse this time. Like when gd was caught, he said he didn't know it was marijuana. XD I doubt anyone believed that for a second. But i'm sure TOP will make it out of this. It's Big Bang. If it was a member of a less popular group, his career would've been over.

kiayame Multifandomkk 22 days ago

To start let me make it clear that weed is legal where I live and I do occasionally smoke. I used to think the same about GD's scandal. However, a few months ago at a family party the middle generation (those of us between 21-35) were passing around a weed vape pen. Vaping has become really popular here and an aunt of mine accidentally grabbed the weed pen instead of the cigarette one (the older generation doesn't approve of the weed thing so no one knew we had that pen) and it made it's rounds around the older generation.... and not one of them noticed that it was different. To be fair everyone was drinking and those who smoke are pretty heavy smokers. From GD's incident we know he had been smoking and it was a party so we can assume he'd been drinking. It's really not that unbelievable. Especially since back then it was really popular to roll weed with tobacco.

Multifandomkk kiayame 21 days ago

Okay lol Thanks for the paragraph.

keysu 26 days ago

Well? Its not that shocking anyway hahaha i mean, is it really that surprising? I bet he's one of numerous artists that do the same. Just his luck that he got caught

lacreme 26 days ago

TOP's case was only incidental. During a crackdown last March, Han So-hee was arrested and then she revealed TOP's name. That's why the police ordered a test of his hair last month that turned out to be positive for marijuana. TOP was not the original target. The focus is on him because he's famous compared to Han So-hee

krell lacreme 26 days ago

I find it rather HILARIOUS to observe (Big Bang) TOP FANS finding ways to portray TOP as some kind of VICTIM in this situation. Maybe it would be better to just admit that it APPEARS that TOP is a MARIJUANA smoker (ILLEGAL in S.KOREA). As in ; Get Over It? ...

lolsinging45 krell 26 days ago

He is a monster. Smoking weed...that is appalling. I mean WEED that's HUGEEE!!! If he had assaulted someone I'd let it slide but WEEED!! That shit is just wrong.

krell lolsinging45 26 days ago

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/10/e-sens-released-from-prison-after-serving-1-year-and-6-months-sentence/ ... <-- Yes, I think it is WACKY that E-SENS spent *1.5 YEARS* in PRISON over MARIJUANA smoking. And I personally do NOT care if TOP smoked a MARIJUANA cigarette. But again, HILARIOUS to see (Big Bang) TOP FANS finding a way to 'spin' this into TOP being a VICTIM. (Joking) These TOP FANS were likely SCREAMING that E-SENS got WHAT HE DESERVED. NOW, it is all about TOP = VICTIM. As in, ANYTHING to perpetuate the MYTH of 'CONSERVATIVE NATION S.KOREA.' ... (Joking more) I look forward to AKP selling T-Shirts that say "ANY DRUGGIE (TOP) can be a K-POP IDOL" ... ... Maybe the BIG BANG 'Fan Club' will change its name to "UNimportant HYPOCRITES" ...

lacreme 26 days ago

He's not a victim at all. But to insinuate that YG lost protection because of Choi Soon Shil's arrest, thus TOP was charged is wrong. He just became a collateral of Han So-hee's arrest. That's what happened.

krell lacreme 26 days ago

@lacreme <-- Poor TOP! ...

lolsinging45 krell 26 days ago

Don't worry krell we will make sure we put all of our efforts to eradicate home weed smokers from the face of the earth. I couldn't sleep last night thinking of how many people were affected the night Top smoked pot on his couch. So many people were scared by his reckless act, I am waiting for CNN to talk about it but it seems like they're busy talking about stupid things like climate deals, people being killed during strikes in Venezuela and terrorist attacks.

krell lolsinging45 26 days ago

(Joking) And now, a *fake* future excerpt from an upcoming *new* season of PD101-3 = Return of the SOMI CLONES ... And now, a contestant interview --> MC: "So, WHY do you want to be a K-pop TRAINEE? ... A: "So, I can smoke MARIJUANA and drink SOJU with TOP !!!" ... MC: Oh My, SOMI CLONE ; We do NOT say those things on 'Drooling Uncle Fan' Contestant TV !!! ... TIME to go to a CF of SUZY guzzling SOJU !!! ... STAY TUNED !!! ...

Annggeell lacreme 25 days ago

Isn't the girl in big trouble though? Did she give the name of the dealers? Isn't it dangerous to do that? Well, I think real dealers never give their names.

krell Annggeell 24 days ago

Personally, IF I was HAN SEO HEE ; I would be CONCERNED about (BIG BANG) TOP's *FANS* doing STALKING and PERSONAL HARASSMENT type behavior to her in public.

Funky_Angel 26 days ago

As expected of YG

bedshits 26 days ago

government involvement? qurl this is gettin messy

undermyumbrella 26 days ago

I love TOP and all Bigbang members but I'm quite disappointment about him being so irresponsible. I will be forever a VIP but I won't tolerate his wrong doings. I hope he learns from this. I'm a sad VIP now. :( Let's all hope that he's okay during this time. Their comebacks as a whole group might be pushed further but I'm willing to wait. I hope this will be the last druggie scandal from YG artists. A dating scandal will do :D

vincentrob11 26 days ago

Seriously? It's just weed. It's not a disease. Koreans should be allowed to smoke.

SeleneAlai vincentrob11 26 days ago

Koreans are allow to smoke what is not legal to smoke in South Korea is weed.

sunbaeUmf vincentrob11 26 days ago

dont try to act dumb kid, weed is illegal in some country. and for seunghyun who is already being adult he should understand the consequence of his act and he must be know better than us about gd's case bfore. the timing is odd actly, but i hope vip dont defend top by saying thats smoke weed isnt a problem (he live in s.korea and should follow the rule there)

teleri sunbaeUmf 25 days ago

All you little self-righteous people saying 'oh it's illegal in SK so TOP should accept maximum punishment' or whatever - yeah. Cause it's right that women get thrown in jail for driving in Saudi Arabia. Guess you're down with THAT, are you? Or the laws against being gay - some countries, in fact ten of them, will EXECUTE gays. But that's okay too, I suppose? I could go on... The point being that unjust laws are just that. This law is totally unjust - the demonization of marijuana is uncivilized & based on pseudo science. The ONLY thing TOP did was to be careless, knowing the laws in SK to be rather draconian. I wish he'd NOT been so careless, but good GRIEF I trust that he only gets fined & slapped on the hand! I wish EVERYBODY charged with this kind of unjust law gets only a fine!

Annggeell teleri 25 days ago

teleri, you can't go around yelling at people just because they are culturally aware and respectful and because their opinions diverge from yours. Well, you are doing it anyway, so just keep going on that rant lol. Who defines what "civilized" is? Since you bring in gays, I'm gone bring in food, that's uncivilized to eat dogs, cats, horses, kinder surprise eggs! U are criticizing other countries way too much, you know you have the right to criticize your own country too. Are u from SK and Saudi Arabia btw?

teleri Annggeell 20 days ago

They are not being 'culturally aware & respectful' at ALL. They are being intolerant. Yes, BTW, in some countries eating cats, dogs, etc is legal & in the US it is not. Neither the pro-cat/dog/horse eaters nor the anti ones are using SCIENCE to bolster their POV. However, with marijuana, science is being twisted to pretend that marijuana is somehow a lot more dangerous than it is! Do some research! BTW, I've been openly, loudly, stridently criticizing MY country since the 60s. I'm an old hippie girl, dear. Deal.

LAFF92 26 days ago

Suspicious Timing though. Just days before GD's comeback.

Annggeell 26 days ago

wow TOP became a criminal? wow... I'm so sad :(

gigi9 Annggeell 26 days ago

And he just became a police... Lol

L_catzzz gigi9 26 days ago

Ok. That one was funny.

Annggeell gigi9 26 days ago

He can arrest himself ;)

gigi9 L_catzzz 26 days ago

I think u r my fan thank u lol

yoonbread 26 days ago

This is bullshit.  Then CHARGE HIM already.  You should have charged him in October when he admitted to the charges rather than now.  I hate how the government is now trying to revisit old cases. Like who are you people trying to fool?

undermyumbrella yoonbread 26 days ago

Ikr! I'm a VIP and won't tolerate his drug scandal but it sounds so shady to me. Yea why now? Some say because there are changes in the government? If YG really has a connection from the previous govt then let the public know with accurate evidence.

forever