Variety

TWICE reveal why they chose to promote with J.Y. Park's track 'Signal'

By elliefilet   12 days ago   107,585   5,743   118
jy-park,twice

TWICE revealed why they chose to promote with "Signal", which was produced by J.Y. Park.

SEE ALSO: JYP Entertainment to purchase and remodel a large building for its new company headquarters

The JYP Entertainment group were guests on the May 17th episode of 'Weekly Idol', where they performed their brand new track "Signal" for the first time. Jung Hyung Don asked, "Why did you accept a song from J.Y. Park?"

The girls hesitated before answering simply, "Because he gave it to us." Dahyun said, "It was the first time we received a song from him, so we were very excited and happy. The beginning of the song has 'JYP' in it, so it has a JYP feeling."

Have you been listening to TWICE's "Signal"?

1. J.Y. Park
  2. TWICE
  3. weekly idol

miki96 11 days ago

I think it's the most awful song JYP has written.. but maybe he wrote it with consideration to their skills so he didn't have any other choice.

Aki06 12 days ago

I know bam bam wasn't happy about jyp intro

jinssam 12 days ago

lol They can choose?

mind_blown 12 days ago

I think one of the best songs JYP produced were back in 2008-2011. Maybe even 2012. But thats just me.

LveKimTae 12 days ago

The first song from JYP given to twice and he did a terrible job at it. I don't get how he gave brilliant songs to IOI and UNNIES and yet gave Signal to the most popular girl group.

Seventin LveKimTae 12 days ago

tbh Signal is addicting the more you listen to it and it really has that JYP feel to it. But that's just my opinion on the song and I really like it

nickybaenim Seventin 12 days ago

@LveKimTae is a retarted- NUGU ASS -lonely-douchbag-army wannabe-smelly-f**ked up human being. But he is my friend. So don't say bad things to him, OK? With love. Baby Nicky<3

rrodriguez0309 LveKimTae 12 days ago

JYP always sabotaging his own groups. are you new to kpop LOL??

LveKimTae Seventin 12 days ago

i liked some parts of Signal but overall the song just lacked compared to kk

LveKimTae rrodriguez0309 12 days ago

no because JYP didn't sabotage Wonder Girls hits such as Nobody and Tell Me and Miss A's good girl bad girl....just recently he's messing with his artist's songs.......

rrodriguez0309 LveKimTae 12 days ago

he sen't wonder girls to the U.S are you aware that if wonder girls hadn't gone to the u.s and wasted time they could of potentially been bigger than SNSD???

nickybaenim LveKimTae 12 days ago

Are you trying to avoid your bestie? ROTFL. That's not gonna happen. NUGU ASS poop.

LveKimTae rrodriguez0309 12 days ago

that was a bad marketing strategy at that time.Though they lost a lot of SK fans they gained worldwide recognition with that Nobody song.

nickybaenim LveKimTae 12 days ago

Are you scared of me baby? ROTFL. Don't be a coward. You are my bestie remember?. You are the king of my list of NUGU asses.

caitlinnolly 12 days ago

i doubt they had that much of a say, no matter how popular they are

clarissaxd 12 days ago

The song was weak, the style was tried and done by them. Change it up and be more risky next time. They had some good b tracks that is all i can say.

nickybaenim clarissaxd 12 days ago

Do you wanna be my bestie?

nickybaenim 12 days ago

I want to add you to the list. Would you?

kasa01 12 days ago

all rap parts in jyp songs suck, the rest is ok

onceinmylife 12 days ago

Ive been saying this from the beginning of their comeback teasers, i dont like a lot of what jyp produces (like got7 never ever, he played them) and he himself unsettles me, especially after hearing he does aegyo to the girls. Like ew be professional. The song could of been worse, i like it a little but i still prefer their previous comebacks.

Sandyuval onceinmylife 12 days ago

You are one of the trolls that are affecting Twice. Using a profile name calling yourself a ONCE? Talking shit about Jyp?. You are bullshit. And I'm not ONCE. I'm a stan. You are worst than a thrice.

onceinmylife Sandyuval 12 days ago

first of all I see no correlation on what i said and how im possibly affecting twice, i even helped stream and no im not trying to troll anyone and i havent. I love twice but just because i love twice doesn't mean i cant NOT like a song, jesus. Got7's never ever i personally didnt like it and its my opinion because i can have one. Every group has their weak points and i dont want to lie, i didnt like signal that much but i did love the rest of their songs and i loved their outfits. Yea i dont like jyp mainly because of the way the girls said that he does aegyo, i think its weird, sue me. If you think that just because someone who is a fan has to submit to everything their bias gives them without any form of criticism then how does a group evolve stronger ? Ive never heard of any legends who havent had any form of criticism and theyre now legends. Im a fan but i dont devote my life to any music group like its my blood and soul, I know my limits. Yes i am a fan but i dont stan anyone hard and i have a neautral ground on almost every group but twice is one of my top faves. Im not worse than a thrice and what ive said is nothing compared to what actual thrices have said. Please dont get mad, the best thing to do is just support them at this moment, i dont want to fight.

Sandyuval onceinmylife 12 days ago

I didn't read your shit. because any fandom coming from JYP would never talk shit about him, or against themselves. You are just a fake and a wanna b.

onceinmylife Sandyuval 12 days ago

Dont read, i dont care. I am a fan i just have my own opinions, i just dont follow fandoms down in deep. I dont try to wanna be anything.

Sandyuval onceinmylife 12 days ago

oooh, so if you are a fan why your profile name says Once?. LMAO, you are a wanna be. You are not even a fan. You are fake.

JessicaRabbit123 12 days ago

I really dislike the rap-talk "Signal Boenae" parts but the hook and chorus are really pleasant and the chorus is cute and catchy "Jiri, Jiri". Also, this song is the first time everyone was heard and the whole squad sounded great.

stahpshawn JessicaRabbit123 12 days ago

everything but the redundant actual signal part was nice jihyo nayeon and jongyeon parts were really nice but... yea

totes