Variety

Jung Chae Yeon reveals her label CEO has set a weight limit of 110 pounds

By yckim124   18 days ago   80,984   2,925   125
dia,jung-chae-yeon

DIA's Jung Chae Yeon talked about weight limits on 'Empty the Convenience Store'.

On the May 9 episode, a past photo of Jung Chae Yeon with chubby cheeks was brought to attention. The idol star commented, "I'm always on a diet."

SEE ALSO: DIA reportedly given a two million dollar offer to debut in Japan

She then shocked the panels as she revealed, "My label CEO has a famous quote. He said, 'Your weight cannot start with a '5'. It has to remain in the 40kgs'."

50kg is about 110 pounds. This means Jung Chae Yeon has to weigh between 88 to 110 pounds to fit the weight limit set by CEO of MBK Entertainment

1. DIA
  2. Jung Chae Yeon
  3. empty the convenience store

shinyjonginnie 14 days ago

i'm 171 cm and i weigh around 52-53 kg, does that make me overweight, you disgusting fucker of a ceo?

shinyjonginnie 14 days ago

this fucking sick bastard...

3xplorer 16 days ago

Every time I see an article of her on allkpop, its always about weight and dieting etc. Not that I'm saying its a bad thing but like, I don't know what she does apart from that.

intricate 16 days ago

kinda sad that she literally wouldn't be as popular if she didn't have that strict diet.

DED_LEE 17 days ago

I bet the CEO is probably the only one that could actually need a diet =/ I wish someone would restrict his food intake see how he likes it n stuf =(

karakamilia 17 days ago

It's funny how all these new fans think this is something new. This shit has been going on for years lmfao.

Kbloom 17 days ago

I want to know if this CEO actually follows the weight limit himself

Leila_ssss 17 days ago

That's harsh! Let the girl eat!

prettychristinna 17 days ago

She is in a shitty group and an horrible company. So she is trying to be relevant revealing these things. Why don't you leave alredy. -. -

no_tofu_speed 17 days ago

Any kinda rule like this ain't right or good... and its a screwed label. But... alot of Korean girls that ain't celebs generally max out at a weight between 50-53kg. 55-60 range there are some... but its def not common at all. There is not a majority but definitely a representation of girls around the 48-50kg. There maybe some unhealthy eating habits involved, but that was more so in the past, as it now seems a trend for girls to hit the gym more, a billion gym selfies come up on my local in instagram (I'm located in Seoul). In short, while like I said before, the rule is messed up. Sitting at 50kg or under, is not as "impossible" for alot of the Korean populace as compared to many other countries... western food and lifestyles really puts it on. And also remember "idols" like "models" are meant to be a select few that have certain "criteria" that is meant to be something a little extraordinary and the rest of the populace doesn't and can't usually live up to.

totes