Variety

EXID's Hyerin says she worked part-time even after her debut!

By KpopJoA   11 days ago   46,357   4,056   28
hyerin

On April 17, EXID member Hyerin made a guest appearance on KBS Cool FM 'Park Ji Yoon's Gayo Plaza.'

When special DJ Lee Soo Ji asked, "Do any of the members have experience with part-time jobs?" Hyerin answered, "I did work at an ice cream shop after my debut."

SEE ALSO: 2PM's Taecyeon discusses the topics of entering the Western market, joining the army, and more

"Since I had a lot of time on my hands during those two years, I worked hard and also provided food for the rest of the members," she elaborated.

She continued, "I had to memorize all the ingredients. There were a lot."  Hyerin then named some of her struggles while working at the ice cream parlor, "Some sensitive customers would ask 'I didn't order this, why is this ingredient inside?' I was really embarrassed."

Meanwhile, EXID is busy promoting their new song "Night Rather Than Day".

1. Hyerin

KirbyX 11 days ago

rum and raisin ice cream for me please.

LittleSukie 11 days ago

I understand the struggle. It happened to me severaltimes that a customer comes back with a half eaten ice cream and say he did not order this and that flavor. My boss used to say that customer is always right, even if he isn't and you want to make a permanent damage to his face, he is right.

ahaxd 11 days ago

I work in a grocery store and i understand its hard... People come to me and complain about shit i have nothing to do with... They ask me about things i dont know about and they get angry over nothing... Lets say im the cashier, and a CUSTOMER use a lot of time because he forgets his code and has to try several times... Then a customer behind him stares at me and says to me that i am too slow and cant work there and that i need to ring for help. like CHILL THE F DOWN, you have stood in line for 2 seconds and now you are complaining at me when someone else spends time paying for their groceries. Remember this when you are in a store guys, or anywhere... We are all humans and are just doing our job.

manupecks 11 days ago

I just love EXID's new song!

whatever101 11 days ago

DA STRUGGLE. but seriously the fact she was doing that even tho she debuted just shows how lucky their label didnt disband them asap like so many others do cause they cant afford anything but a huge hit debut

ppase 11 days ago

This isnt new. this was before Hanis Cam vid went viral. To think they were gonna disband if they never got lucky with that.

allinonetonone 11 days ago

This isnt new though

NoParzPlz 11 days ago

Omg I work at an ice cream place right now and I can totally relate. -.-

Wang_Sejung NoParzPlz 11 days ago

Unni, you are studying or maybe member of a new music band ?

NoParzPlz Wang_Sejung 11 days ago

Lol I wish I was part of a new band. I'm just studying at the moment.

tzuu_x 11 days ago

This is old news.

Wang_Sejung 11 days ago

My respect young girl. There is nothing wrong about working part-time to earn your life. I would be the same if my parents were not able to support me financially when I studying ( I am still studying !!!) in prestigious Seoul national university. I just hope that she will be successful with her band exid and can reap the hard work she sow. Hyerin unni fighting !

kim_chi Wang_Sejung 11 days ago

We get it, you go to the "prestigious Seoul National University". You don't need to write that in every single comment you post. LOL.

Wang_Sejung kim_chi 11 days ago

And I am studying Phd in French literature.

Wang_delulu_D Wang_Sejung 11 days ago

Lmao lying a*@hole. What are you bragging on about. I know 7 languages pfft. Wangy we're not impressed

Cath_Keller Wang_Sejung 11 days ago

lmao poor wanker. I'm smarter, richer, more beautiful than you though. Poor dongsaeng

Alastair Wang_Sejung 11 days ago

what is your dissertation about and when are you going to defend it?

Wang_Sejung Alastair 11 days ago

I am preparing myself for my defense these days. I made all the corrections, just need to practice, because it's of course in french and I don't have the right to talk in Hangul.

Alastair Wang_Sejung 11 days ago

you didn't answer the question, so I believe it's safe to assume that you're not a PhD candidate

Wang_Sejung Alastair 11 days ago

Mais bien sure que je suis etudiante en Phd de litterature Francaise !

Alastair Wang_Sejung 11 days ago

That would be believable if you were able to answer what your dissertation was about and when you were supposed to defend it. What is your thesis? You can summarize it if you don't want to say it out right, and if you answer my question, I'll believe you.

Wang_Sejung Alastair 11 days ago

dong saeng are you trolling me ?

Alastair Wang_Sejung 11 days ago

No, I'm asking you a legitimate and simple question, that as PhD candidate, you should be able to answer without doing the acrobatics you're doing to avoid answering it. If you don't know what a dissertation is then you're not working towards your PhD.

Wang_delulu_D Alastair 10 days ago

My dear wanker doesn't even know some basics that are learned in highschool, of course he doesn't have a PhD.

Alastair Wang_delulu_D 10 days ago

I'm not suprised

Cath_Keller Wang_delulu_D 10 days ago

LMAO, so true. The dude doesn't even have a clue what NaCl is !!! What the effin hahaha!

Cath_Keller Wang_Sejung 3 days ago

You say you're already 28 and your parents are still the ones who pay for your PhD ? They're wasting their money on you, fake PhD student. Where does the money really go then??

really