Group Chat
General Chat
TWICE Chat
EXO Chat

SM Entertainment explains why Jaemin won't be participating in NCT Dream's comeback

By yckim124   24 days ago   157,211   18,569   71
nct-dream

SM Entertainment gave an explanation on the absence of Jaemin in NCT Dream's comeback.

On February 1, NCT Dream started teasing for their first single album 'The First'. In the teaser images, Jaemin was noticeably absent which made fans concerned about Jaemin. A few hours later, SM Entertainment officially provided an explanation about Jaemin's absence.

SEE ALSO: [MV & Album Review] NCT Dream - 'The First'

The official statement is posted on NCT SMTOWN's webpage. The announcement reads:

"Hello. This is SM Entertainment.

We appreciate all the fans for the great attention on the teaser images of NCT Dream's first single album 'The First' that were revealed today. We're here to make an announcement for the fans who've waited for Jaemin.

Last year, Jaemin, who joined promotions for 'Chewing Gum', has been treated for a herniated disc since his trainee days. His condition has worsened and because we believe that artist's health is first priority and most important, we decided for him to focus on treatment and take a break for this promotions.

We ask fans to understand and give many support and encouragement for his fast recovery.

Once again, we appreciate all the fans who support NCT Dream. NCT Dream will work their best to repay the love.

Thank you."

1. NCT Dream
    2. jaemin
    3. sm entertainment

JYwannaP 9 hours ago

I know I'm late - it was the first thing I noticed when I watched the MV, but I never saw this article -, but nooooo, my babyyyyy (who's only a few months younger than me, but still my baby). I feel so bad for him! I hope he gets well soon so I can fangirl over his ridiculously adorable smile and overall cutenessssss

Moogirl 22 days ago

Awww, I hope he gets well soon!!1

RimmieMeli 23 days ago

Get well soon

LaizC 23 days ago

SM is learning. They are evolving...

baekhyunily 23 days ago

"we believe that artist's health is first priority and most important" oh wow this is something fresh

unscrewedhorses 23 days ago

He has a hernia??  How old is this kid??? :O  I don't listen to them, but man, I feel bad for him getting an injury like that when he's so young.

Exo_Leia 23 days ago

Glad that they're giving him time off, herniated disks hurt like hell and take a while to heal if they really ever heal. Get well Jaemin <3

queenbetchreturn 23 days ago

NctFLOP

crowboy queenbetchreturn 23 days ago

every time i see your username i read it as QueenBitchRectum, jesus christ, it's always a shock

callmetree 23 days ago

for once sm is actually treating their idols right lmao

crowboy callmetree 23 days ago

Yeah I was surprised at that "the health of our artists comes first" part, honestly, given SM's track record. But it's good for sure. He's so young, too. I'm curious still about Taeyong's waist situation though.

RAS33 23 days ago

OMG at this age? My poor baby, get well soon!

galaxyifan RAS33 23 days ago