Gossip

Fans of Seventeen and TWICE demand apology from choreographer Choi for choreography similarities

By beansss   27 days ago   152,483   9,650   255
Seventeen,hoshi,twice

Fans of Seventeen, known as Carat, and fans of TWICE, known as Once, are both demanding an apology from choreographer Choi Young Joon.

SEE ALSO: Pledis Entertainment responds to the controversy regarding Seventeen's alleged rude behavior toward fan

After the release of TWICE's newest title track "Knock Knock" 3 days ago, Seventeen fans have pointed out that certain portions of TWICE's choreography resemble moves and formations used by Seventeen in their songs "Pretty U", "Adore U", and "Very Nice".

Seventeen fans claimed that rather than pointing fingers at TWICE, they wanted to let the similarities between choreographies known as a demand toward choreographer Choi Young Joon, who worked with Seventeen for the choreographies of all three songs mentioned above.

Choi Young Joon is also the choreographer involved in past controversies regarding Seventeen's Hoshi, who helped Choi Young Joon create many of the choreographies for Seventeen's songs, but who did not receive credit for his participation.

Comments included, "Choi Young Joon had a controversy with UP10TION's choreography before too... it seems habitual", "Choi Young Joon, please stop;;", "It's not that similar but he should still give feedback", "Choi Young Joon again", "What fault do TWICE and Once have, it's all Choi Young Joon's fault", and more.

What do you think?

1. Seventeen
  2. Hoshi
  3. TWICE

camufordream 23 days ago

osea ni cantan y ahora copian ¬¬

Exo_Leia 26 days ago

Everything aside, I'm just surprised to see the fandoms working together and not going at each other or have one side denying it

Eithra 26 days ago

For those disliking my comments:Since you already know that, I'm not going to lie to you, yes that is me. But you know why? Because you guys didn't even give me a chance to explain . Everything I wrote as GOWZEA is the truth. My father quit his job yesterday . We're probably going from a settled to an unsettled life in a few months time. I have been suffering from depression from the past three years and I contemplated committing suicide multiple times during that period. And you know what ? I would never ever lie about depression because it's disrespectful to lie about such serious things. I did breakdown multiple times yesterday because I never intended to hurt anyone's feelings, least of all Dahyun' s . You know why? Because I've been hurt multiple times myself and I don't want anyone, not even you to get hurt even though I don't know you. And I was wrong. I went back and watched the Jelly Jelly choreography again and it isn't the same in anyway at all. I made a huge mistake but hey, at least I'm owning up to it. I apologized multiple times, begging you all to tell me where I went wrong but all you guys did was downvote it over and over again .You guys literally broke me yesterday . I'm sure that if Dahyun was the one I was talking to she would have forgiven me because guess what she's an adorable little fuzz ball and is a sweetheart. Also FYI I actually care about what she goes through and I would never want to hurt her. But you guys? You sure know how to hold a grudge and don't know how to forgive people even though I admitted that I made a big mistake and I unjustly accused her of something she didn't do. How does that reflect on you? It just shows how callous and unfeeling you guys really are. You would stop at nothing to hurt someone, even going as far as calling me a troll and a bitch for a genuine mistake. It also shows that you're spiteful and petty and you guys are  willing to hurt someone even though they apologize multiple times. You guys are the worst of the worst and I hope that you know that. You're willing to hurt someone over a person you don't even know and someone who would probably forgive and forget this incident. Dahyun is Twice the person you guys will ever be. And contrary to your beliefs I do actually adore her because she is so utterly sweet

Eithra 26 days ago

Allkpop is my escape from the real world. It's where for a few minutes or hours I can actually pretend that everything is right in my life and Kpop is my sole solace when I'm down. So I hope that this time you'd reflect on your actions because I certainly did and came to the conclusion that I was WRONG.

boomshakalakalva 26 days ago

Carats. We did good today. We handled this situation well and kept a peaceful mindset. Let's make our boys proud and continue on a peaceful fandom (excluding the crazies that we apologize for). This reminds me of the time that SVT had a fan chant that had 'let's love' in it (EXO's fandom trademark), so instead of brushing it off their shoulders and waiting for the hate to roll in, Carats tried their best to tell Pledis and Seventeen to change it so that they can respect Exo-ls. Exo-ls saw what Carats were doing, so they trended SVT/Carats on twitter and Carats saw what they were doing, so they trended EXO/Exo-l on twitter, they shared a spot together on the top trending list..... it was so cute. And also on SVT's covers of 'happiness' and 'wild eyes' there was some crediting issues (people started commenting about it)  Carats saw the problem too and asked the people commenting to (if they want that change so bad) go to Pledis's social media along with Carats ,so that they can tell them to fix the crediting. And they did. BOnUs: I know a lot of Army/Carat multifandom people.Their interactions are gold)

Eithra 26 days ago

I already know that this comment will get a ton of dislikes but I still feel the need to put this out here. I am extremely sorry and ashamed of myself for accusing Dahyun unjustly and spreading rumours about her. She didn't copy anyone and I made a mistake. I  hope that all of you who are disliking my  comments can find it in yourself to forgive me.

multifandomlife 26 days ago

So now apparently, in a dance, is you stand in 2 lines with 1 person in the middle (even 4 like 3 seconds) ur copying seventeen. No hate on seventeen tho cause im a carat im annoyed by the fans.

chiakisama multifandomlife 23 days ago

i think it is an issue because of the choreographer.. not mainly on the choreography.. what if the idea of the choreography was originated from Hoshi? that wouldnt be fair to Hoshi for the choreographer to use Hoshi's idea for his own career interest... the fans are not saying it is a 100% plagiarism.. it's more on disputing the the source of the idea which leads to the similarities..

reallook7 26 days ago

Wow, that's it, now? Now we were going to see who really invented a real choreography !! Please!! Almost all Kpop choreographies look alike!I'm going to say something to the fans who are complaining,, they will plant rice, because the world needs food is not from idle people!

chiakisama reallook7 23 days ago

Knigin 26 days ago

Carrots are the worst seen some of them talking shit about twice.. continue stanning your nugus group assholes.

triniblossom Knigin 26 days ago

Yo. Calm down.

Bexy Knigin 26 days ago

At least our group sings live

Bexy Knigin 26 days ago

And also if you see the title it says BOTH once and carats are doing this AND they're criticizing the choreographer not twice themselves

Pluvi Knigin 26 days ago

One does not simply, comment without reading the article.

GhostOfWindZEA Knigin 26 days ago

Maybe you should react the article properly before accusing Carats of something they didn't do. -_-

boomshakalakalva Knigin 26 days ago

Hey. HI! Dumbass. Carats are not blaming TWICE. Carats and TWICE want justice from the choreographer. You are the true definition of an anti. You didn't even read the article before commenting.

chiakisama Knigin 23 days ago

seems like reading is too burdening for you.. hence your nonsensical comment..

Youtoosalty 26 days ago

Im  more upset on Hoshi being Co-Choreographer and yet no credits.

Idonthavename 26 days ago

Some people have same idea.. just saying.. don't hate me..

iisstf28 Idonthavename 26 days ago

Well it was the same choreographer... that means that instead of making new choreographies she/he is just halfassing the job and copying her/his old choreographies

multifandomlife iisstf28 26 days ago

I see that, but I think that the choreographer might want to do something similar showing "I did this choreography". Like a signature move or something.

chiakisama multifandomlife 23 days ago

what if the idea was from Hoshi?

finger heart tee