Group Chat
General Chat
TWICE Chat
EXO Chat

[BREAKING] Wonder Girls to disband + release last digital single on their 10th anniversary

By yckim124   30 days ago   295,809   35,139   530

Wonder Girls will be disbanding this year.

SEE ALSO: [Song Review] Wonder Girls - 'Draw Me'

On January 26, JYP Entertainment officially announced the disbandment of Wonder Girls. The announcement states, "After a time of discussion, we have decided on the disbandment of Wonder Girls. Out of the members, Yubin and Lim have renewed their contracts with JYP Entertainment. They plan to show new sides of them in a variety fields including music, acting, and MC-ing.

Yenny and Sunmi will, unfortunately, be leaving the label, as they wished to walk new paths. To repay the love to the fans who's been by their side with an unchanging love for the past 10 years, they plan to release one last digital single on their 10th anniversary on February 10.

We, JYP Entertainment, want to thank fans worldwide who've been together with Wonder Girls' throughout their 10-year journey. We will continue to support the improved future of the remaining and parting members.

Thank you."

1. Wonder Girls
  2. jyp entertainment

Mr._7K 25 days ago

Really bummed out about this!! They are one of my fav groups and REBOOT is one of my all time fav kpop albums!! Yenny is my bias!! I hope HATFELT can produce more music!! Supporting all the wonder girls on whatever they choose to do next!! Thanks for the kpop when I was first introduced to kpop in 2008!

MayJeong 26 days ago

This is just my opinion. For me Kpop shouldn't have to change so much. Kpop was very catchy and attractive because of cute and happy songs and korean artists were so adorable, their hair used to have nice hairstyles, they were so childish, so slim, so polite to each other, they were the ones the old ones who made us happier and got us into kpop. Now where are all these concepts gone to? Now I see they all looked mature and manly and even the girls. All I wish for is Kpop would use the previous years styles and put it into these days songs and mv then I think it may convince us again and to be a kpopper again.

MayJeong 26 days ago

These are the girls that I adore since 2008 till now and they r gonna disband? Oh no so sad. New girl groups can't beat the old ones. Kpop always changed from time to time that's what made me quit being a kpopper since 2016. Songs these days I felt that it's  not as good as the older ones and kinda feel sad and bad that songs nowadays got no feel at all not like those days. What I feel is that kpop should hv stick to their own concept rather than following other country's song concept. Their style n looks kinda bore me like they out of style and lack of creativity. I don't know why for boy groups they used to be very cute and pretty but now the new style doesn't suit me anymore. I still prefer the 2nd or 3rd generation of boy and girl groups :) Sadly all these can't last forever :(

melon 27 days ago

I'm surprise sunmi is leaving jyp. She was still with the agency for so long even though she wasn't active. JYP did so well promoting her solo projects and the wonder girls did so well with all their releases since she rejoined the group. I was hoping to see 3 more years out of wonder girls now that sunmi is back.

jpnAyelor 27 days ago

I'm mad

NCasey 28 days ago

i guess JYPE is putting all their eggs in one basket cause Miss A isnt coming back anytime soon...

trogdorthe8th NCasey 27 days ago

I mean, it's pretty clear at this point that they bank (and plan to continue banking) on Twice. Which is fine, so long as that wealth of exposure gets moved around to the other groups of JYP, like GOT7 for example.

naqilahazizi 28 days ago

10years with them since I was 15 years old. I still remember when they still a rookie, that Sohee omona part in "Tell Me", their song "Nobody" become a phenomenon and become the first kpop group that enter Billboard Hot 100 chart. They are a legend. The true legend. Thank you Wonder Girls for always give us the best quality of music, song. This disbandment news really broke my heart. But whatever happened I still gonna support you guys ❤️.

SNSD_godesses 28 days ago

How could this happeningggg i am just dreamingggg

SNSD_godesses 28 days ago

I hate you YG and JYP!!!!!!! You ruined my kpop memoriesssss!!!!!!!!!!!! My life!!!!!😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

AJLie 29 days ago

can't wait for SNSD aka Bully Generation to disband <3 <3

Taeng4ever AJLie 28 days ago

cant wait for your heart to disband.

KPOP_GIRL_EUROPE AJLie 28 days ago

why this has 2 likes?!??!

walk