Former AOA member Mina's sexual assault case was forwarded to prosecution.
According to the Busan Police Agency, on December 1, the police received a complaint from Mina earlier this year. They have been investigating a man in his 20s on charges of rape and assault. This case was recently forwarded to the prosecution. A police official explained, "The crime took place in 2007, but we were able to prove the crime by intensively investigating the people involved at the time."
Mina, who is a native of Busan, appeared on a YouTube channel back in September of this year and claimed that she was sexually assaulted by a boy when she was only 14. In the video, Mina explained, "My friend told me that she was meeting a male student so I followed her to an empty house. That's where I was sexually assaulted by the older boy. I told him I wanted to leave but I was beaten up with a beer bottle for four hours. He hit me everywhere on my body except my face. It would have been okay if that was it but I was assaulted and raped. I was released at 2 in the morning. I wasn't even able to walk because I got beaten up too badly. The perpetrator went around boasting his crimes." During the YouTube video, Mina explained why she didn't call the police. She explained, "If I called the police it would have been only the juvenile detention center for him. I was afraid he would take revenge."
On this day, Mina wrote on her social media, "A lot of friends, unnies, and oppas helped me about the incident that occurred in Busan when I was in middle school. I also pulled up many memories and handed over a lot of evidence, they decided he was guilty of the crime and handed over to the prosecution." She continued to say, "I am now waiting for the judgment. I hope that he gets the punishment he deserves, and I don't want any more victims like me to occur."
She concluded by saying, "It's been 15 years, so I was at the state of almost giving up. However, I want to thank everyone who helped me. There was a part of me that had a hard time going through the investigation when I was told he can be sentenced to even life in prison. It's been a long time so I don't expect that much. Still, I started the investigation in March with the help of the police and my acquaintances in Busan..and I came here until now...I hope that this doesn't end in vain and hope that he is punished."