Earlier this week, The Korea Music Content Association (KMCA) released a statement that they had filed a written objection against the revised military service law that is set to take effect on June 23, 2021. Read about it here.
They stated that the law was largely unfair based on the 'unreasonable qualification required to be "eligible."
BTS ARMY found netizens in accord with their thoughts and were largely disappointed by the association. Netizens voiced their concerns about the association wanting to lower the standards of excellence just out of jealousy and for their benefit.
Some comments read:
1. Stop using BTS for your purposes
2. Stop saying ridiculous things... If you want to be postponed from military service, just work hard to receive the Cultural Medal ^^
3. Leave BTS alone…
5. I hope BTS enlist as soon as possible so that those trying to benefit from BTS shut up
6. Shut up, please… I feel bad for BTS...
7. Stop using BTS in the headlines about enlistment
8. BTS will enlist, so leave them alone
9. These are member companies of the Korea Music Content Association
10. Don't mention BTS please...
A huge chunk was seen agreeing to the fact that only BTS deserved the military exemption and these 26 agencies should focus on lifting up the standard of the art and performance that their idol groups produced, rather than trying to downplay BTS' achievements and point foul-play.