News
Posted by beansss AKP STAFF 17 days ago

Netizens who spread malicious comments about Woollim Entertainment artists charged with fines

AKP STAFF

On November 26, Woollim Entertainment shared an official notice, updating fans as well as the press on the status of their ongoing lawsuits against malicious commenters and the spread of false rumors.

Woollim stated,

"Beginning on December 28 of last year, we have been carrying out legal action against various cases of malicious slander, sexual harassment, defamation of character, and more via online communities, after determining that we could not sit by and watch such actions continue without refutal.
After collecting evidence from both fans as well as from our monitoring, we managed to file lawsuits against malicious commenters and netizens who spread malicious rumors, and they have now been sentenced to fines for their charges.
We will not stop our efforts here, but continue to monitor online communities and collect data in order to protect our label artists, and once we discover clear accounts of offense, we will take additional legal action.
Finally, we stress that there will be no settlements against those who post and spread malicious content. Thank you."

Meanwhile, Woollim Entertainment is home to artists such as INFINITE, Lovelyz, Golden Child, Rocket Punch, and more.

1. Golden Child
  2. INFINITE
  3. Lovelyz
  4. Rocket Punch
22 14,285 Share 76% Upvoted

SonnyinLV70 pts 17 days ago 6
17 days ago

In the wake of 3 recent idle deaths, I wonder what the government considers a fine worthy of these moronic hateful netizens? The equivalent of 100 or 200 us dollars, isn't going to get anything done. You really must hurt these kinds of people harshly to get them to stop. If a fine is all it's going to be, then you must hurt them bad for it to be any good at all.

6 more replies

MENsplaining989 pts 17 days ago 9
17 days ago

I think that in addition to a fine they should be publically named and shamed so people know to never listen to anything they say. The anonymous nature of the internet has given people this idea that you can say anything without fear of reprisals but that seems to be changing. I personally never post anything I would not say in a public space irl. My avatar is a picture of myself and my user name is also my YouTube channel. Anyone who wished to could easily dox me and i do not care because i do not try to hide. If only everyone did this the internet would not be such a nasty place.

9 more replies