Popular NCT subunit NCT Dream recently held their first ever solo concerts, “The Dream Show”. The group played multiple nights at the Jang-Chung Arena in Seoul.
On the final night, the members started getting emotional on stage, and ended up breaking down in tears, knowing that it would be their last show as a full 6 member group.
NCT Dream currently consists of 6 members, but their rotational concept means that 4 of them will be graduating from the group come 2020. Past member Mark graduated from the group almost one year ago.
Fans are upset at SM Entertainment for not speaking up about the unit’s future, as member Haechan is also a part of another NCT subunit ‘NCT 127’. Members Jaemin, Jeno and Renjun are only a part of NCT Dream and are without a fixed group, so fans don't know how they will continue to promote next year, after they graduate.
Nctzens expressed their anger and sadness about the situation:
1. This is just wrong... Usually for normal idols, they get to promote several years and they can voluntarily retire on their own but they're just being thrown away like that? The kids aren't some joke either, and what will happen to the fans if you just throw away the singers like that? I don't know, I feel like everyone really likes NCT Dream? Isn't it the same as having a group you like stop being a group?
2. For whom is this system intended to be made for? As soon as you start liking a group, they all graduate, isn't this too much of a punishment to the fans?ㅠㅠ And what about those trainees? Why did you debut them for? Are they going back to their trainee life? I don't understand
3. I feel like AKB's system is way better thought than this... The Japanese celebrity industry is f*cked up but at least they're not forced to graduate... Of course, I'm not saying that everything is better there
4. What's the point of graduating if they have no fixed team? They won't be able to promote either. What's the point of dissecting a group that's doing well? Who's the one who thought of the "underage" concept, no one asked for it
5. I seriously don't understand what benefit there is to have a graduation system. You just can't build a strong core fandom with systems like that, so why do it...? And the whole NCT concept is already too blurred, so they probably wanted to follow that fluid concept and make them graduate, so wouldn't it make more sense if everyone can promote in every team once to make it fair... They have no countermeasures and they're just blindlessly making them graduate, I can't help but think they're being thrown away
6. I seriously don't understand what the hell is this rotation system, this system doesn't suit our country's thinking either. What's the point of creating uncertainty for those singers.... My heart hurts for them
7. They don't even get a fixed team out of it yet they're being forced to leave the group? This is f*cking strange, talk about playing with kids...
8. Mark was like that too with his last concert with the Dream and now the 00'ers are like this for their Dream concert too, why are they always making the kids feel sorry towards Dream and ending it just like that by making them cry their eyes out? There has to be a way to stop that, this is just too cruel
9. I went to the concert today and everyone around me was crying, I'm not even exaggerating... I was looking at the kids and I was so upsetㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
10. This is their first concert but has the vibes of a disbandment concert. This kind of system really doesn't suit Korea seriously..
What are your thoughts on the situation?