TWICE has proven once again their album sales prowess as Oricon News announces their updated list of best selling artists in Japan for the first half of 2019.
Named by Japanese media as Asia One Top Girl Group, TWICE earned 2.48 billion yen (23M USD) in the first half of 2019 with their albums #TWICE2 (Japanese album) and Fancy You (Korean album). This makes them the 1st top selling Korean artist on Oricon for the first half of 2019 and 4th overall.
Worldwide phenomenon and global superstars BTS also made the list with 1.93 billion yen (18M USD) with their Korean album release Map of the Soul: Persona.
Here are the top 10 best selling artists in Japan for the first half of 2019:
(100 million per unit)
1. Nogizaka48 - (44.2 units) 4.42 billion yen
2. King & Prince - (27.9) 2.79 billion yen
3. Queen - (26.2) 2.62 billion yen
4. TWICE - (24.8) 2.48 billion yen
5. Gen Hoshino - (23.6) 2.36 billion yen
6. B'z - (22.1) 2.21 billion yen
7. Nissy - (21.8) 2.18 billion yen
8. Kanjani Eight - (21.4) 2.14 billion yen
9. Back Number - (21.1) 2.11 billion yen
10. BTS - (19.3) 1.93 billion yen
Both TWICE and BTS are releasing Japanese albums in July thus, their total album sales in Oricon are expected to dramatically increase in the second half of 2019.